Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
man, I bet the next update will only happen next year lol
I bet you didn't read a few pages back when DC posted that he wanted to get batch 2 out before the end of Sept and is now trying for soon™ ....... Bet you also think you're funny coming out with stuff most people already knew for months

Another fun fact and basic math for you : took them more than 6 months to barely get to less than 60% yet you somehow find a way to not figure out there's less than 0% chance to get the last 40%+ done before the years end .......

yasenib

Mar 12, 2020
I only check this page every couple months so I didn't know about any of that
thanks for the summary

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I only check this page every couple months so I didn't know about any of that
thanks for the summary
Maybe so, but you can read back a few weeks or so to see what you might have missed instead of asking or assuming.
Sorry. There is too much of that not happening all over this forum.

Reactions: jestertlw

felyor

Jun 17, 2018
I love the Maria/Tony scenes very much, is there more 2dcg games where a husband let me sleep with his wife?? I know Taffy Tales has some of this too but here is so much better imo

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I love the Maria/Tony scenes very much, is there more 2dcg games where a husband let me sleep with his wife?? I know Taffy Tales has some of this too but here is so much better imo
You're treading into NTR path, which will both trigger most people and get stuff deleted. Venture at your own risk

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mab's Thrall22

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
this is one of few game on here that make my testical hurt dry season... each time playing summertimeSaga.. i think now i know why it call summer time :O "best game ever!" from me..

P.s: i dislike jenny... make no sense.. i just cannot play submissive character... and why option chose dominate/subs if sex be same...

• Haha
Reactions: bogodit

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
For those who care, Sploosh wrote a little bit about the tech update and the process on discord:

Sploosh update 1.jpg Sploosh update 2.jpg

I've no idea whether what they are doing is technically speaking good or bad, but maybe someone else knows? Looks the internal changes are going to be significant at least...

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Looks the internal changes are going to be significant at least...
yeah i think so too that's why the progress bar for this update has been pretty useless as an indicator for when it's done. the tech update is really unlike any other update that came before it in terms of scope and what thy acutally have to do.

this is one of few game on here that make my testical hurt dry season... each time playing summertimeSaga.. i think now i know why it call summer time :O "best game ever!" from me..
yeah agreed it's still the gold standard for western adult games i think. i envy whoever discovers this game for the first time in 5 years or so once it's complete. that person is going to have the greatest week of his life and will possibly lose his sex drive for a year after he's done. the game will feel so cool with how open ended it's going to be once all the routes are finished and dialogue variables are accounted for. you'll be able to play a bit of the main story, then make some money on the side, then do some side shit like the telescope (and maybe strip poker), then progress another girl's story for a bit, increase some stats etc while the whole game will still feel very cohesive. at least that's what i expect the game to be in the end.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
For those who care, Sploosh wrote a little bit about the tech update and the process on discord:

View attachment 1460812 View attachment 1460813

I've no idea whether what they are doing is technically speaking good or bad, but maybe someone else knows? Looks the internal changes are going to be significant at least...
Holy fuck. Lesser people wouldn't bother reorganising the whole thing like this. Bravo!

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Holy fuck. Lesser people wouldn't bother reorganising the whole thing like this. Bravo!
To be fair, it's not like they are doing all of this just for fun. SS is among the games that do very, very well on mobile and as such it makes a lot of sense change the screen ratio and to keep the game as small and performant as possible to cater to these people and keep them as paying patrons. Given that it'll almost certainly last 3 to 4 (or more) years until the game comes close to being done, it's probably actually necessary to change these things if they want it to stay successfull until the very end.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello players, I need your help.
When I put the French translation patch it works without problem, but after saving, if I load the party it is no longer in French, the French patch does not work at all, someone has a solution please .
Incest patch and translations don't work together.

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020

View attachment 1460812 View attachment 1460813

Using "label" and "jump" (more widely known as "goto" in most programing languages) statements to flow control is a very bad idea in general (with minor exceptions). If someone develops a simple novel there is no problem, but in case of open world games with many variables it is one of a the biggest bug-generator and this is visible in many games on this site. An obvious consequence of this is a longer production time and potential code refactor. There is a reason why there is a stigma to use this statements in commercial development.

Reactions: j4yj4m

Energetic

Jun 8, 2019
To be fair, it's not like they are doing all of this just for fun. SS is among the games that do very, very well on mobile and as such it makes a lot of sense change the screen ratio and to keep the game as small and performant as possible to cater to these people and keep them as paying patrons. Given that it'll almost certainly last 3 to 4 (or more) years until the game comes close to being done, it's probably actually necessary to change these things if they want it to stay successfull until the very end.
It might also have to do with the upcoming 2nd title. I can imagine the devs being like: we want to start the new game better organised and developed than the first, but in order to make sense to it all it might pay off to first completely redo the first game in order to prevent possible issues with the new one.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It might also have to do with the upcoming 2nd title. I can imagine the devs being like: we want to start the new game better organised and developed than the first, but in order to make sense to it all it might pay off to first completely redo the first game in order to prevent possible issues with the new one.
Lol, 2nd game isn't coming any time soon, nor is dev time going to it before Summertime is closer to being finished ...... Just because DC talked about and the site(s) list a potential "2nd game", there's been no mention of anything since it appeared as a "maybe" on Patreon ~5 years ago.

They already have trouble releasing stuff on a stable basis and you expect them to shift over to a completely new game at random and dump the 2-3 years worth of content they polled back in 2019 ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mab's Thrall22
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes