exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I wonder what is being complained about the updates? These are currently all small TECH updates, a big one is yet to come. So it's primarily about technical stuff and less about new scenes at the moment. Only after the big TECH update came, the game will really continue. Exactly as it is advertised.

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
Of course he does. Everyone else would do the same thing. Isn't that why we want money ? To be able to do whatever we want ? The problem is that everyone else is viewing the situation from their pov, which is "offended enduser" and not putting themselves in the devs shoes and realising that they would do the exact same thing. In their perfect world, the dev needs to work 24/7 on the game so they can get their fix. To hell with the devs family and other hobbies, activities and etc.
The dev found a way to work as little as possible while earning a very decent living. That's the goal and that's what everyone is trying to achieve. No one wants to slave 16 hours a day for their money.

And yeah, it sucks that the updates take so long to hit, i love the game too and i am dissapointed when i see that there is nothing significantly new happening. I've been waiting for the Judith update for ages now, kinda losing hope for seeing it in my lifetime. But at the same time, if it were the other way around, i would do the exact same. I would enjoy life to the fullest, while working just enough to keep the flow of money.
No one is asking the dev to work 16 hours a day. Not even 8 hour a day, but some work a day would be nice.

Kaiadas

Aug 17, 2017
It's not the long development and milking that annoys me..
Or lazy shit like Eve's scar switching place on every frame or disappearing completely..
It's Bad art like this. Can someone explain to me what that's supposed to be? A penis? A Hernia?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If it's supposed to be a vagina, the dev needs some female anatomy lessons pronto..

pix28

Aug 17, 2021
The game is great, but at such a pace of development I'm surprised that it was even born. Considering the resetting of saves with each new version, I see no reason to devote a lot of time to going through the entire game, not to mention the mass of bugs that can cross out all your achievements in the very middle of game progress. I wonder what the developer is counting on with this approach

eusimaeu

May 1, 2019
No one is asking the dev to work 16 hours a day. Not even 8 hour a day, but some work a day would be nice.
True. Not gonna speculate on what the dev does as to why the updates are so few and far between cause that's pointless. But yeah, a few hours a day for 4-5 days a week would be good.

Sir Weshmish

Mar 4, 2019
Mia ain't got no love. Just that one scene then BOOM nothing. We ain't talking about that anymore.

Or there was a new update with new scenes I'm missing, it's been a year since I last played

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
This - if I could spend my life travelling and living the high life, while people throw a bucket of money at me, and all I have to do is occasionally do a bit of work which nobody can judge me on how long I actually spent working... sounds like the ideal life. Even when an update is complained about - people will still buy into what's being offered. Problem is the people willing to pay, and the constant stream of new players who don't realise the trap they've gotten themselves into. Look at the thread on A Wife and Mother - there are constantly comments saying 'wow, just finished this amazing game, when is the next update?' not realising that people have been waiting several years already for bare minimum updates. Then there are all the superfans & theorists speculating what happens in 'the world' as though the characters are real people. Meanwhile Dev is spending 99.9% of their lives doing other things.
Twitch leaks showed people were earning MILLIONS from donations there - people on 30k a year donating to people who are making seven figures, at the end of the day people are free to do what they will with their money but it doesnt give anyone the right to judge how the devs spend their time nor how people spend their money especially if you aint even the one spending said money. Ultimately STS is a weird game - its a multi layered game vs say people who run with Renpy and can churn out updates much quicker so long as they are willing. Here? NO assets pre-exist so are hand created and by multiple people (to whom the money your obsessing over has to be split between) and thats the reason its so succesfull as honestly its pretty damned unique as a game vs majority of what else is on the site. This game is nowhere near new on the scene - if your unhappy with how slow updates come or the content within them then you must be really damned new around it or being sanctimonious for no damned reason about what others are earning for no reason (especially if you are pirating just like most everyone else who complains).

Even here on a piracy site little research is required to find out where a dev is regarding updates and community faith but then almost none dont get wrecked through the coals by complete free loading strangers like all modern cancel culture obsessed internet lurkers as everyone gotta judge everyone else. For everyone scoff i make at people who are braindead in repeating themselves moaning about say Waifu Academy getting sparse updates (despite this being TREND FOR YEARS - why expect otherwise) or MILFY CITY the most infamous fall out where a dev with what near decade long trend of quickly churning out games then moving on to new ones is someone supposed to be financially arrested because people would rather he just keep updating this one (no freedom of choice for you dev!) or even Radiant devs getting called out as fucking lazy milkers because it gets few updates despite day one clarity from then it it being not their only games being developed (and thus mass of entitled pirates demanding they drop longer established games for the one THEY prefer). I know where i stand with STS, i know how often itll get updates and what content comes. I judge based on that and i dont pay based on that, same reason the ones i do back with money are never just on a whim but if thats how people wanna blow their money then its their call whether i agree with it or not, sure aint my damned business.

Reactions: Bob69 and Connie W

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
All of my saves from the last version are broken :( this might be the end for me.
Just put the game 1-2 years away and try it again. After a long time period it is even fun again to play the whole game. Jumping after every small update is just frustrating.

I hope I can resist to play the game till the last update with Judith.

NotWarlock

Sep 24, 2017
Just put the game 1-2 years away and try it again. After a long time period it is even fun again to play the whole game. Jumping after every small update is just frustrating.
This is literally the only sane way to play h-games, they are nearly all released in tiny bites, make a bookmark folder or some shit that reminds you to check back in after a year or two and then go through it the when you reach whatever year you thought getting back to it would be a good idea.

Reactions: BrotherNewt

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I was hoping this update would be the tech update. Like, what the heck? I thought the dev said it was almost done. If the next update is not the tech update, then something is clearly wrong.

FryisWiggles

Oct 15, 2017
I haven't played this for a couple years, so I'm not up to date on a lot of things. Can Jenny get pregnant again? I refuse to play it until she can

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes