TheDishwasher

May 2, 2019
Does anyone have the latest version with the incest patch pre installed for Android I just can't figure it out I'd really appreciate it

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
it's been like 9 months since any big update, all we've gotten are these tiny "pre tech" releases which aren't worth it. even when we get the tech update will we even get any big content? doubt it, at most a few scenes and some new empty areas. we'll have to wait another half a year for a real update
The tech update is purely technical for a reason. Reworking the game to support 16:9 and have better code overall is pretty important, plus it will make working on future updates more efficient than before. The game was an outdated mess and this tech update is really needed.

Reactions: tuckerhead

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
it's been like 9 months since any big update, all we've gotten are these tiny "pre tech" releases which aren't worth it. even when we get the tech update will we even get any big content? doubt it, at most a few scenes and some new empty areas. we'll have to wait another half a year for a real update
>Tech updates aren't real updates.
What did he mean by this?

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
Its been a long time I came back to check on this game...
Look lets be honest here the game is a fine piece of work there is no need to shit on it.
The main complaint here is that for what ever reason this patreon is able to accumulate 100K of revenue per month, yet delivers so little and so infrequent. You'd expect with that much funding they could speed up the process a little faster by hiring more people or put in more dedication but here we are here.
And don't give me the shit about 'because this is the revamp update', they were this slow way before the tech update came to be.
And if you say that art takes time, well according to the past progress checker art is always the first to finish.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Honestly, I forgot how much this game is making. I try not to look because it hurts my soul. This isn't my game so I'm not going to die on the cross defending it, but the last thing I'll say is this. I don't draw art, I use Daz, so I don't know what goes into getting shit ready for this game. But I can imagine that changing all the art to a widescreen format, while maintaining the quality, is going to take some work/time. You can't compart the art progress bar this time to previous times. They aren't just making new art, they're converting all the older art as well.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
To be fair, it seems like this time they massively underestimated the time it would take to repose the game. The art required for the new update is indeed finished for 2-3 months and the remaining art tasks are mainly exporting stuff, which is something DC wants to do himself and which, as it seems to me, will be done when they are needed.

In the last months DC actually hired 3 more people to help with posing, which is something he probably should have done before they started with the tech update.

Then again, it's not like all of this hasn't hurt his numbers. Back in 2018 he managed to grow his earnings by ~35.000 $ a month from january to december and by another ~20.000 $ in 2019, while this year he only added ~7.000 $ (depending on when and how one wants to count) which is pretty close to stagnation.

Of course that's still an insane amount of money, but one has to consider that SS is probably among the most played games in this whole genre globally and actually very popular on mobile, too. He's literally got millions of downloads per update and if DC had cared a bit more during those last 2 years he'd very likely make a very, very comfortable 6 figure number per month by now.

Last edited:

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
Its been a long time I came back to check on this game...
Look lets be honest here the game is a fine piece of work there is no need to shit on it.
The main complaint here is that for what ever reason this patreon is able to accumulate 100K of revenue per month, yet delivers so little and so infrequent. You'd expect with that much funding they could speed up the process a little faster by hiring more people or put in more dedication but here we are here.
And don't give me the shit about 'because this is the revamp update', they were this slow way before the tech update came to be.
And if you say that art takes time, well according to the past progress checker art is always the first to finish.
I think the progress will be faster when the number of patreons start to decrease
Holy shit?! You two must have invested a ton money into the game to have this kind of sense of entitlement. Since you two are investors, or at least patreons, you should reach out to the dev directly instead of on a site where the dev (almost?) never comes. Being investors/patreons - you know that the dev has a Discord with announcements/discussions and streams regularly on Picarto while drawing. Here, those of us who pay for free have learned we have no room to bitch about how long it is between releases because we haven't put our time, effort, or money into designing the game.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Holy shit?! You two must have invested a ton money into the game to have this kind of sense of entitlement. Since you two are investors, or at least patreons, you should reach out to the dev directly instead of on a site where the dev (almost?) never comes. Being investors/patreons - you know that the dev has a Discord with announcements/discussions and streams regularly on Picarto while drawing. Here, those of us who pay for free have learned we have no room to bitch about how long it is between releases because we haven't put our time, effort, or money into designing the game.
He came once in ~3 years last August and got his 15 posts count there in 1 sitting of roughly 15 mins replying to whatever hot garbage duders threw at him when they found out he was online .... This place doesn't exist for him (and rightly so)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Entitlement - it's preached at the highest levels. They can't help themselves.
Have the milkers evolved for the 1st time in ~4 years ? Now not only is DC making $ pure heresy, they also want the game made better with less income and it needs to release yesterday ? This is gonna end welll

GucciGang69

Dec 22, 2019
Odette's fullmoon event last year was Halloween theme'd-ish. You get an achievement when Satan Claus sleighs around the town and you click on him (maybe not click, you still get an achievement with him around). We also got pre-retconned Consuela route for Xmas in 2019. But nothing (probably) this year. Blame not enough milkage
thanks man

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
I think the progress will be faster when the number of patreons start to decrease
Im sure he will survive and focus on the game all the same whatever dips or rises happen short term - i especially doubt he gives a fuck about salty pirates (who certainly are last to encourage faster updates just so they can steal them) bitching at lack of progress on the progress bar over the xmas holidays of all times lol

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Im sure he will survive and focus on the game all the same whatever dips or rises happen short term - i especially doubt he gives a fuck about salty pirates (who certainly are last to encourage faster updates just so they can steal them) bitching at lack of progress on the progress bar over the xmas holidays of all times lol
No stealing required. They release the game for free.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
weve been waiting for this tech update to finish for what? 17 or 18 months? i just checked and they're still only at 63% completion. I've been waiting for this game for 5 years now. i don't think its ever going to get done and that makes me sad
I mean, it's taking way longer than it should have (and it'll include more content than it should have), but it's 9 months by now since the last real update dropped and they released a few minor updates in between.

Myth-x-gamer

Feb 18, 2019
Don't get me wrong, this is one of the best game I've ever played I'm a fan not a butthurt fanboy who just attacks other people just because I have different opinion not all aspects but certain aspects of the game

Reactions: Skode

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
0.20.12: October 22nd 2021 (Pre-tech part II) -> 3 months
0.20.11: July 1st 2021 (Pre-tech part I) -> 3 months
0.20.9: March 31st 2021 (main story 3) -> 5 months
0.20.7: October 25th 2020 (Odette Halloween) -> 1.5 months
0.20.5: September 7th 2020 (main story 2) -> 4 months
0.20.1: May 5th 2020 (main story) -> 5+ months
0.19.5: December 20th 2019 (Consuela) -> 2 months
0.19.1: October 19th 2019 (Eve) -> 4.5 months
0.18.5: June 4th 2019 (Jenny 2) -> 1 month
0.18.0: May 2nd 2019 (Jenny) -> 4.5 months
0.17.5: Dec 16th 2018 (Daisy) -> 1- month
0.17.0: Nov 23rd 2018 (Diane) -> 4 months
0.16.0: July 25th 2018 (Roxxy) -> 3+ months
0.15.1: April 15th 2018 (teachers) -> 4 months
0.14.5: December 19th 2017 (Debbie) -> 1.5 months
0.14.3: November 1st 2017 (Aqua) -> 0.5 months
0.14: October 13th 2017 (Mia) -> 2- months
0.13: August 21st 2017 (Erik)

At this pace, I would expect bunch III of pre-tech updates by end of January, and we are quite good in schedule (except, of course, that the real tech update takes way longer than expected -- but that's why we got the pre-tech updates).

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes