BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
The art and the early days of this game blew my mind a little, but... 3 years to reach 0.20 and 2 years at 0.20 or whatever is just disheartening. You can only replay anything so many times to get caught up, again. Still hope they succeed and all, but sorting games by popularity this is now on page six...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Still hope they succeed and all, but sorting games by popularity this is now on page six...
I honestly don't think it has ever been that much higher in that specific weighted ranking. Most of these really old pre 2018 games don't seem to do well there, given that games like DMD are on page 20.

Last but not least, the numbers don't really mean that much, given that 0.2x alone inlcudes 3 full updates and will eventually include more than 25 new scenes total, etc.. I mean, it's not like there aren't enough reaons to be disappointed, but it's not as bad as the version numbers would suggest.

Reactions: tuckerhead

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i think we can all agree that 2021 kinda sucked as a year for STS. my only highlight was the grace solo scene we got but there is no talking around it the waiting for the tech update has been awful and before that the main story updates weren't that great either. i'm 100% sure though next year is going to be fantastic. i mean we have rhonda, annie and judith coming up all in a row and all of that in the new widescreen resolution. call me naive but the "under the hood" upgrades that the game is getting might enable DC to crank out updates faster once they are done. while the tech update isn't out yet he's already working on rhonda update art so the art part might not be such a bottleneck at least for rhonda. basically have some of this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nilo_96

Nov 27, 2021
i think we can all agree that 2021 kinda sucked as a year for STS. my only highlight was the grace solo scene we got but there is no talking around it the waiting for the tech update has been awful and before that the main story updates weren't that great either. i'm 100% sure though next year is going to be fantastic. i mean we have rhonda, annie and judith coming up all in a row and all of that in the new widescreen resolution. call me naive but the "under the hood" upgrades that the game is getting might enable DC to crank out updates faster once they are done. while the tech update isn't out yet he's already working on rhonda update art so the art part might not be such a bottleneck at least for rhonda. basically have some of this:
I will agree that 2020 was a disgusting year for this game. Updates to the "main story" were the most disgusting ever for STS.

As for this year, my impressions are ambiguous - on the one hand, the endlessly lasting technical update (i thought it would be completed by this Christmas), on the other hand, some additional scenes pleased me (although thanks to some idiots who voted for the threesome scene with Tony and Maria and Janie's voyeurism scene we got some shit). In a word, if the developer had completed a technical update before the end of the year or released a third part of the lewd scenes or a small Christmas update, i would be practically satisfied.

And about your optimism, like Jan Hus, I want to exclaim: O sancta simplicitas! This game will be saved (I mean the quality and speed of releases) only if by some miracle donations fall by more than two times.

nilo_96

Nov 27, 2021
By the way, no one knows if the DC will release anything for the New Year holidays?
Although I myself understand that the likelihood of this is "EXTREMELY SMALL !!!" :cry:

And another question: after all, the DC promised to release a third psrt of the lewd scenes before the end of the technical update?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
These main story updates and the tech update are probably like most big projects in real life. For those who have to live through them it's not that nice, but future players will be happy that it was and is done.

My biggest problem with the main story has always been that they didn't spread these updates. They had really good cliffhangers and no content to rework, so it would have been perfectly possible to release main story I -> Rhonda -> main story II -> Annie -> main story III -> Judith. I'm sure most people would have liked that a lot more.

As for the tech update? It's really just bad planning on the posing side, as it seems. I mean, it's not like we won't get something for the additoinal time it takes and sooner or later people will likely appreciate these scenes, new locations, added backgrounds etc. but right now but it's painful. Not that it matters really to those who don't pay, but I'm kinda impressed that DC's earnings still hold this well. Then again, the game is free and many patrons pay peanuts, so it kinda makes sense that they don't really care that much about a few $ more less.

And another question: after all, the DC promised to release a third psrt of the lewd scenes before the end of the technical update?
There hasn't been an official announcement, but it seems like we'll get another batch of scenes before the actual tech update. Ultimately it'll depend on how fast his team is able to complete the actual technical work. The more time they need, the bigger is the chance that we'll get even more content in between to fill the gap.

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
Given that the last update was in October, I don't think we got another one in first quarter of 2022. I think we might get the tech update somewhere in late April or early May. As for major Rhonda update, we probably get it October or November 2022 if we were extremely lucky enough.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We won't get the 3 of them in the same year. Just getting to Judith's from R(h)onda's is at minimum 12 months, and that's without any delay or random junk happening. We probably won't get the proper tech build any time soon either, so another dead end to wetdreams. And for the 409157689527694865th time, art is never the bottleneck, DC is always making art way ahead of the coding/rest of the tasks.
I find this to be grotesque, but that's just me.
Then there's dudes who find the DC art in the game to be trash, but jump ass 1st into this kinda of stuff. Weirdos
I will agree that 2020 was a disgusting year for this game. Updates to the "main story" were the most disgusting ever for STS.

As for this year, my impressions are ambiguous - on the one hand, the endlessly lasting technical update (i thought it would be completed by this Christmas), on the other hand, some additional scenes pleased me (although thanks to some idiots who voted for the threesome scene with Tony and Maria and Janie's voyeurism scene we got some shit). In a word, if the developer had completed a technical update before the end of the year or released a third part of the lewd scenes or a small Christmas update, i would be practically satisfied.

And about your optimism, like Jan Hus, I want to exclaim: O sancta simplicitas! This game will be saved (I mean the quality and speed of releases) only if by some miracle donations fall by more than two times.
Sound logic > DC makes less $, has to dump dev dudes and code the game himself = better and faster updates. Have you even tried to play the game pre-0.10 when DC actually did most of the game himself ? Please do and come back telling us it was better than what we got now ......

Reactions: Sync

nilo_96

Nov 27, 2021
Sound logic > DC makes less $, has to dump dev dudes and code the game himself = better and faster updates. Have you even tried to play the game pre-0.10 when DC actually did most of the game himself ? Please do and come back telling us it was better than what we got now ......
Yes, just for some reason earning a lot of money and hiring assistants does not in any way increase the speed of the game's release, but quite the opposite. Perhaps the logic of the developers is somewhat different from yours, perhaps, hypothetically, they think this way: "why do we need to work and get a lot of money for honestly done work, if we can earn the same money, but do almost nothing, while portraying violent activity on streams, in posts etc." :)

I just assumed that a decrease in the number of donations would make them take their work more seriously, fulfill their promises, etc. Perhaps it will help, or maybe not, no one will say for sure, but there is such a chance.

I hope my logic is clear to you? :)

• Angry
Reactions: GaRbS and Sync
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes