Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
OK my school time was some decades ago. It was in no way a religious school and I live in Germany where sex is not something of the devil. I cannot guarantee that there was *absolutely* *no* sex at school because I did not watch everybody all the time, but I am pretty sure if there was, it were the two cool kids out of a hundred who had it, if at all, and not in the open. I definitely was not one of those. And there were no pregnancies at all. I am wondering if I lived in another world maybe...?
The problem is that many American school districts follow the belief that if you don't teach teens about sex (because it is, as you suggest, of the devil), they won't do it on their own, so they don't bother to teach them about contraception or moderation.
It could be a "times have changed" situation. I've certainly heard about a time when an unmarried girl getting pregnant was the most shameful thing that could possibly happen to her, and she would have to move away and live with an aunt or something.
When my mother got married (1958), she was forced to leave high school. I was born over 15 months later, so it was not pregnancy. Either they felt she had "Received her MRS degree" and no longer needed education, or she would be a corrupting influence on the unmarried girls.
Correct: I didn't mean that kids were having sex in the building. There were lots of private make-out places in the auditorium (the dressing rooms under the stage, and the various sound, lighting and tech rooms) and in the basement (like the tunnel that only led to a few teachers' offices). I can't say that sex never occurred on the premises, but I assume most people were getting laid at home.
Unlike this infamous situation?
Marauders Map.jpg
Also, I'm a she!
Great! I'll do my best not to misgender you.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
just what everyone asked for lol
I'm not really sure whether that's good or bad. On one hand it's indeed the best way to ensure that these tertiary characters will actually get their scenes. Once DC postpones everything that's somewhat unpopular to the end, there's a good chance much of it will never get done.

Then again, I don't think MC will get to peek on Katya and Nadya, which is a real shame. Still looking forward to Katya's scene though and I think Svetlana is actually pretty popular, too.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
When my mother got married (1958), she was forced to leave high school. I was born over 15 months later, so it was not pregnancy. Either they felt she had "Received her MRS degree" and no longer needed education, or she would be a corrupting influence on the unmarried girls.
Maybe her husband didn't want her to stay in high school? If he was going to make enough money that she wouldn't need to work, it would make sense to want her to maintain the home and transition into motherhood. I've only known one person who kept going to high school after getting married (the aforementioned Muslim girl).

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Maybe her husband didn't want her to stay in high school? If he was going to make enough money that she wouldn't need to work, it would make sense to want her to maintain the home and transition into motherhood. I've only known one person who kept going to high school after getting married (the aforementioned Muslim girl).
I'll take "Situations That Could Only Have Happened in the 50s or Earlier" for $1000, Alex (RIP). It feels patently absurd that someone could get married while they're still in high school and have their husband make enough money to support a family on a single income in a non-creepy situation; most people these days don't pull in income at that level until they're in their late 20s at least.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I'll take "Situations That Could Only Have Happened in the 50s or Earlier" for $1000, Alex (RIP). It feels patently absurd that someone could get married while they're still in high school and have their husband make enough money to support a family on a single income in a non-creepy situation; most people these days don't pull in income at that level until they're in their late 20s at least.
It was 1958.

I wasn't saying that this is still normal. I've only known one person who got married in high school, and she kept going to school.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
It was 1958.

I wasn't saying that this is still normal. I've only known one person who got married in high school, and she kept going to school.
My apologies if you thought I was attacking you. I was pointing out how radically times have changed that it feels impossible now for someone right out of high school to be able to support a family, which speaks to the absurd levels of income inequality and costs of living that have plagued the last couple of generations. We're going to reach a point soon where the only way to afford to have kids is to either be rich or on welfare.

It's why I always play on cheat mode in SS; the only way to satisfy the fantasy of having 15-20 kids by a dozen different women is that my MC secretly has $1 million stashed away in the bank, which might just be enough to cover child-care :p

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
We're going to reach a point soon where the only way to afford to have kids is to either be rich or on welfare.
Never mind kids, with the rise in automation we're a couple decades at most from having to institute either universal basic income or The Purge. And between the oligarchs running the show, their eager servants on the right, and their controlled opposition on the left, the latter looks a lot more likely. :(

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
Man this thread needs to be purged and start from scratch
i wanted to see if and when is the next upadated coming out but its page after page of off topic

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Man this thread needs to be purged and start from scratch
i wanted to see if and when is the next upadated coming out but its page after page of off topic
Agreed. That would eliminate 3095 pages of people asking when the next update is going to come out, and 3095 pages of people answering that no one knows. Of course, it would also remove a few posts that weren't about when the next update is coming out. Tough call.

IlMato

Oct 7, 2017
I played this game a while ago but stopped because you had to start over with each version. So I wanted to know if this is still the case, or is it possible to use saves from this version in future ones?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I played this game a while ago but stopped because you had to start over with each version. So I wanted to know if this is still the case, or is it possible to use saves from this version in future ones?
That must have been a really long while ago. Saves started to be compatible in late 2019, though the coming tech update may indeed be the exception. They'll rework quite a few mechanics and it's very likely that the saves you have now won't work. Then again, the game does have a "jump to new content" option when you start a new game, so it's not like you technically actually need saves in the first place.

Reactions: IlMato and TGafy
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes