lolluy

Feb 20, 2020
Not pointed at me but I'll go anyway : 1st not 3D rendered game in the top 21 is 20th place. Out of the 1st page 30 games, only 5 aren't 3D. So your point is still empty. Guess we were right and hand-drawn games take longer and/or aren't completed yet. Funny stuff really
I wouldnt say there are that many completed "2dcg"/handdrawn games, but still alot of them have more content and more frequent updates then Summertime AND less funding. Like sirens domain.. finished like 2 games in summertimes life span, and hes working on like 3 others right now, with steady updates... Sexnote is a kinda similar to the story and animation and whatelse... and they manage to pump out frequent updates and also tech updates with some major added sex scenes/story.
Also if you would drag all the japanese hentai games in to the mix there alot of those that are completed... tough they are pretty short and mostly visual novels.
AND you could add NLT media games. Still they are 3d but from what ive seen those games have unique models and really great animations with a big story and they have published like 2,3 games in ST lifespan

Reactions: Bloodguard

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
so it seems the new scenes are in the middle of previous paths. So do I have to start over to unlock them? My save didn't rollback, and I have no goals on the phone

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Bruh hasn't it been like half a year since last update and this is all they did? Maybe it hasn't been half a year idk but its been many months at least.
Last "update" was October
NLTMedia has half the patreons and pumps out high quality animations (which do take a lot of time even if they are in 3d) with more complex game mechanics, just finished thier game and have started a new one.

If you have $70,000 per month in funding "our 1 artist cant draw all the assets fast enough" isn't a very good excuse. Hire someone with that money. Also if you look at the progress bars on the website you can see that art isnt even the thing that is holding up development, it's usually one of the first bars to fill. Case and point these mini updates that just add a few extra animations but not much else.
Still hand-drawn vs 3D models. And NLT updates are 5-10 mins of gameplay each. He has 2-3 PCs rendering them 24/7, vs DC doing all by hand mostly on daily stream. Not comparable.

Wanna compare equally ? "Not a Legend" is the only game in here with hand-drawn everything made by 2 people which still takes 4-5 months per update vs Summertime made by ~5 dudes per every 4-5 months

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Years? 11 month since the Main Story III update. And DC made it early clear that this updated will take way longer then expected, so he decided for the Pre-Tech updates and so Patreons could opt out.
Yeah, sure, it's years now that everyone knows that thing is dead in the water.
What significant changes have happened in the last 3 years?

Reactions: if95

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah, sure, it's years now that everyone knows that thing is dead in the water.
What significant changes have happened in the last 3 years?
The full Main Story, Eves story, Jenny Story rewamp. And like 15 other scenes, some pregnancies and Holiday updates in between. Just so you can check yourself the first update that is in the 3 years mark is 0.18.0

Reactions: if95

Bustapr

May 22, 2017
Still hand-drawn vs 3D models. And NLT updates are 5-10 mins of gameplay each. He has 2-3 PCs rendering them 24/7, vs DC doing all by hand mostly on daily stream. Not comparable.

Wanna compare equally ? "Not a Legend" is the only game in here with hand-drawn everything made by 2 people which still takes 4-5 months per update vs Summertime made by ~5 dudes per every 4-5 months
That really doesn't matter though when the guy is getting almost $78k per month (minus patreon fees). He should be able to afford a small team of full time workers coding and drawing 5 days a week and pump out updates double this size every month. The drawn animations aren't so blindingly high quality that they take almost a month to draw each scene.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
He should be able to afford a small team of full time workers coding and drawing 5 days a week and pump out updates double this size every month.
A team of artists doesn't work all that well in a hand-drawn game with a somewhat unique style.
Then again, I don't think the art is usually the bottleneck so that's neither here nor there.

teewee

Sep 21, 2017
That really doesn't matter though when the guy is getting almost $78k per month (minus patreon fees). He should be able to afford a small team of full time workers coding and drawing 5 days a week and pump out updates double this size every month. The drawn animations aren't so blindingly high quality that they take almost a month to draw each scene.
Here is a reality check for you, hes not going to, because Patreons are happy to pay at the current rate for 4 years. why lessen the money you make? Meanwhile i'm a pirate and not paying so not gunna complain.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
v0.20.8 (25-Mar-2021) vs. v0.20.13 (20-Feb-2022)

A steady ~30k / mo. patreons providing ~$75k / mo => 11 mo. paid with a total of ~$825.000.

Raw differences in image payload between the 2 versions (this covers all 3 pre-tech updates): 1020 new files (56 MB), 17676 same or practically identical (883 MB) (thousands of files are re-written from their original .psd format and have slightly different binaries but the images are practically unchanged).

So $825k yielded +5.77% images (artwork) (+6.34% in size) on top of 5 years of development instead of the min. 20% that would've been fair considering the income at year 5 could've provided a lot more manhours vs. income from earlier years.

I won't even bother diffing the .rpy scripts. It's crystal clear. The difference in missing output will be nowhere to be found in the magical tech update. It was just $ straight to pocket for DC.

If DC would've been paid on delivery, the switch to 16:9 would've been made strictly behind the scenes in a few weeks TOPS, by a competent developer which he has more than enough $ to hire even just for this one job. All the artwork already done would've still appeared in the 4:3 layout and anything new would've been 16:9. Over time more and more content would've been switched to 16:9.

Yo, patreons! You're paying to get fucked and these releases are the lube! Enjoy, 'cause the only way it'll stop is when you stop the free $$$!

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Please update your i-patch for ver. 0.20.13!! :cool:
No need to. It is fine to use. no lines that would affect it are changed.
I don't think the art is usually the bottleneck so that's neither here nor there.
You are wrong there, Art is usually the bottleneck. Every other update Art was the problem because DC draws everything by himself. The Tech Update Art is NOT the problem. The coding or specificly the posing is the bottleneck now. DC already drew stuff for the R(h)onda update.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
So $825k yielded +5.77% images (artwork) (+6.34% in size) on top of 5 years of development instead of the min. 20% that would've been fair considering the income at year 5 could've provided a lot more manhours vs. income from earlier years.

Yo, patreons! You're paying to get fucked and these releases are the lube! Enjoy, 'cause the only way it'll stop is when you stop the free $$$!
Unless you're his accountant I don't understand why you're so hung up on the financial side.
It's not your money and not your decision how people spend their cash. Not to mention that this is a piracy site and clearly not the place to educate patrons on how their monthly contribution is wasted.

Maybe stick to just complaining about the glacial development speed, that's depressing enough.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Folks,

Version 0.20.13-0.01 Alpha of the is online:
  • Initial release for new game version. Will be full of bugs -- you have been warned!
  • Enhancement to the German translation pack with the new content (Google translated -- needs to be downloaded separately).
Enjoy!

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I don't believe it. This Dev earns.. fck a lot of money. And he provides us with... very little ''content'' and funny updates like this one.

There are other Devs who deserve to earn this much. And they do a lot more content every month. And here? nothing but a disappointment.:rolleyes:

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
Hi folks, one question, the Console Activation is still working or not? I follow the steps and it is not working with me using the shift + O and the status is set as true on the line it was supposed to work, thanks in advance.

ConsulTiberius

Apr 25, 2020
No one with a brain will spend more than they need to. The world is now full of entitled people who think they get to tell everyone what to do, who to do it with and how they should spend their money. Don't like a dev don't patreon them don't like a movie don't watch it don't like ntr don't play it. This forum is primarily people complaining about trivial crap and telling others what to do anymore.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes