j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And please don't say that i don't have the right to freely express my opinion because i don't support the game financially, it's just my opinion.
I never said people shouldn't complain. It's fine to say and criticise whatever you want. The point where crosses the line towards entitlement is once someone starts demanding stuff, which is sadly what many people do.
Saying "I don't like X,Y,Z and I won't ever give DC money" is totally fine while saying "he makes x amount of money a month therefore he should deliver Y and since he doesn't he's milking" isn't, because the game is free. If you get something for free from somebody (even if you tip them afterwards or give them some money in return out of courtesy) you don't have the right to tell that person how he's got to do his job. He didn't force you to pay for his product and in return you can't force him to do X.

Edit: Just to add, of course people can still say "he has to deliver XY or he's milking" but in that case it makes them look bad and entitled.

You voted for Rhonda content next so why is he spending hours drawing a cabin in the woods with several rooms and new characters that no one voted for?
May I remind you that his patrons actually voted for the tech update and that poll specifically included a map extension, too?

Last edited:

Grayson Foxx

Jun 1, 2018
Anyone know a fix for the game not opening? For the past few updates every time I try and open the game the title card flashed for approximately half a second before vanishing and the game stops loading, and my task manager shows the same brief flash before the tab disappears

Edit: I should also note that it has been happening when downloading from Patreon as well, I’m trying from both here and there on the off chance one might pull through

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Just a stupid question for your comment, If nobody pays anything else, will he keep creating the game for free? I think it's pretty easy to say that the game is free when you get high amounts of money for it.
Wouldn't that be the definition of hypocrisy?
He'd certainly create the game for way, way less money than he's getting now, given that he only ever asked for 25.000.

I mean, it's a pretty clear deal. DC provides the game free of charge, people give what ever they think the game is worth for them and that's it. It's DC's risk that many people play without paying, while it's the patrons risk that DC doesn't do what they may like. I don't think that's hyprocritical at all, after all many players get a really good game without ever paying a cent for it.

Edit: This game is a good example that people are willing to give a small sum of money for stuff they enjoy. That's essentially what this game runs on. Many different people giving some money at some point.

thehexcomplex

Feb 1, 2019
Just a stupid question for your comment, If nobody pays anything else, will he keep creating the game for free?
Probably not.

I think it's pretty easy to say that the game is free when you get high amounts of money for it.
I think it's a fallacy to call SS a free game. It's free for people who choose to download the public version for free (or the Patreon version here for free).

May 6, 2017
I work at a game studio and we mostly make casual shit that people play while commuting or waiting in line. I'm not in a position to disclose any particular financial information, but let me just say that the amount that DC is making is far less than a dumb shit like puzzles are making in a month.

And yeah, please don't forget that he pays 5% to patreon and around 35% in taxes if i'm not mistaken.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think it's a fallacy to call SS a free game. It's free for people who choose to download the public version for free (or the Patreon version here for free).
There has never been a patreon version of this game. There's only ever one version and the delay between the patreon/public release is usually 24h at best. Those who really, really can't wait another day can get the game for $1 in the meantime.

Myth-x-gamer

Feb 18, 2019
It's been a year since I played this game I thought I could wait until tech update but fuck it, I'll download the game and play some bit

Dnutz

Apr 24, 2021
all these store's and still the mc has to make money at two places till this day, why not fuck for money?!

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Nah i'm the former chat mod of DC that got really tired of banning ppl from chat for asking the same questions for years or complaining about the same stuff over and over again without adding anything fruitful to the conversation aside from "Me horny me want stuff faster and not pay a penny to you for it" and quit after i explained many times that the only alternative is to get a publisher funding this project and a staff of 30 or more ppl working on the game.

Everyone is fast on complaining but when you ask for alternatives they all get very quiet fast. Either you get many small updates and ppl complain that there is nothing to do after each update. Or you get big updates and many complain about that the updates take to long.

Yet when u ask them on how to get faster and bigger updates they all point towards the money which starts a discussion about taxes and other financial stuff in which they always lose every argument as they have no clue what they are even talking about and always assume that the 50 to 70k a month always end up in DC's pocket without any deductions or salary for staff. Those are the ppl that think if you make a million bucks you keep a million bucks and the tax office only sends you flowers and a "Congratulations" card. Absolutely ridiculous.

TLDR The presented alternatives over the years have been so ridiculous that taking them serious have gone from "Wait you for real?" to the realm of "Fantasy and other daydreaming"
I see my dude came back more bitter than ever. Welcome to the club. It's funny to see a bunch of dudes in here that started "happy-go-lucky every1 is my friend" when replying to sounding more like me on a good day. Guess this place changes people
I work at a game studio and we mostly make casual shit that people play while commuting or waiting in line. I'm not in a position to disclose any particular financial information, but let me just say that the amount that DC is making is far less than a dumb shit like puzzles are making in a month.

And yeah, please don't forget that he pays 5% to patreon and around 35% in taxes if i'm not mistaken.
The amount shown on the Patreon counter is after they take their cut. We don't see the raw $/month. Taxes and other things are a different matter
all these store's and still the mc has to make money at two places till this day, why not fuck for money?!
Do camshows with Jenny, she'll pay you (after you pay her 1st earlier in the route)

May 6, 2017
The amount shown on the Patreon counter is after they take their cut. We don't see the raw $/month. Taxes and other things are a different matter
Oh, didn't know that.

Anyway, I was just saying that DC has a nice income of course, but making an adult game is not the best way to get to this sum.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes