itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
And that is something I never will understand. Ever.

If -- *IF* -- they decide to put more anal into the game, I want it completely avoidable. I don't even want it mentioned. It is alway a complete turn down for me. In the Eve route, for example, the player is forced into it. In Mia's route as well, unless you have sufficient charisma.
Have you ever been inside a butthole? Feels amazing man.

Plvy1n

Dec 8, 2020
Who knows why the incest patch does not work in the latest version, I threw the file, but it does not work, maybe I do not understand how to understand that it works?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Who knows why the incest patch does not work in the latest version, I threw the file, but it does not work, maybe I do not understand how to understand that it works?
What other mods/patches are you using? The patch can have issues with translation mod/patch.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Nothing clean game without mods and translators
Did you see this splash screen after putting the patch rpa in the game folder?
Screenshot 2022-03-19 145337.jpg
If you don't, then you might not have put the rpa in the right place.

If you do, why don't you share a screenshot or type why you think the patch isn't working? The patch updated 17 image files in the game, plus does a find/replace on certain names and phrases.

What image(s) and/or words/phrases aren't being altered for you?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
View attachment 1712613

If you do, why don't you share a screenshot or type why you think the patch isn't working? The patch updated 17 image files in the game, plus does a find/replace on certain names and phrases.

That boils down to 3 girls renaming what they get called. About less than 20 lines total of text. Pure game-altering mod. Good to see so many dudes unable to play without it

TBM92

Feb 17, 2019
I still can't get the game to open and load. I get a flash of the logo and "loading" and nothing.
Anyone got a fix for this? I've only had this problem since the 20.10 update.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I still can't get the game to open and load. I get a flash of the logo and "loading" and nothing.
Anyone got a fix for this? I've only had this problem since the 20.12 update.
PC ? Phone ? Mods ? Any other Renpy does the same ? Loading logo for how much time (this 1 especially, the game does take a few secs/1+ min to load, even on good PCs) ? Does it just do nothing for an hour or the exe crashes or whatever ? Give less details and we might help more

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Anyone got a fix for this? I've only had this problem since the 20.12 update.
Is this the only Ren'Py game you are having this problem with?

Without knowing the specs of your system, some ideas (from easiest to hardest fixing):
  • update video drivers
  • update sound drivers
  • update OS
  • Not enough RAM/too many processes open
  • Old video card?
  • Old computer/hardware?
Also, this may sound weird, but I know it has worked with some Ren'Py issues - plug headphones/speakers into the 3.5 mm jack. If you normally use USB/Bluetooth speakers/headphones and don't use the 3.5 mm jack, sometimes some game won't start properly because it doesn't recognize audio device available.

TBM92

Feb 17, 2019
PC ? Phone ? Mods ? Any other Renpy does the same ? Loading logo for how much time (this 1 especially, the game does take a few secs/1+ min to load, even on good PCs) ? Does it just do nothing for an hour or the exe crashes or whatever ? Give less details and we might help more
PC. And the logo literally flashes for a second and doesn't go any further. Doesn't even appear on task manager.

Is this the only Ren'Py game you are having this problem with?

Without knowing the specs of your system, some ideas (from easiest to hardest fixing):
  • update video drivers
  • update sound drivers
  • update OS
  • Not enough RAM/too many processes open
  • Old video card?
  • Old computer/hardware?
Also, this may sound weird, but I know it has worked with some Ren'Py issues - plug headphones/speakers into the 3.5 mm jack. If you normally use USB/Bluetooth speakers/headphones and don't use the 3.5 mm jack, sometimes some game won't start properly because it doesn't recognize audio device available.
This is the only Ren'Py game it's done it on. I can play the latest Four Elements Trainer and Rogue-Like with no problems, just for whatever reason since the 20.10 update it won't work.
Audio device doesn't seem to be the issue either, tried it without headphones.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
PC. And the logo literally flashes for a second and doesn't go any further. Doesn't even appear on task manager.

This is the only Ren'Py game it's done it on. I can play the latest Four Elements Trainer and Rogue-Like with no problems, just for whatever reason since the 20.10 update it won't work.
You said earlier it's been since 20.12 ... now you are saying its since 20.10?
To confirm, the last version of this game you played successfully was 20.9?

With Four Elements Trainer, are you using the normal download or the one for older hardware?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Do you remove everything and start from a fresh download or you try to copy/paste folders around when updating ? Might be a faulty download if it's the only game having problems. Or it might be something completely random no1 has ever witnessed and you'll have to debug it yourself

Plvy1n

Dec 8, 2020
View attachment 1712613

I don't have this screensaver and I put the file in the game folder

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I don't have this screensaver and I put the file in the game folder
I just downloaded v0.20.13 and the patch from both sources linked from the OP.
Without that patch, it is normal game.
With either patch, I get the same results. I do not see that splash screen either, which I find interesting. HOWEVER, my experience with each patch was successful - as seen from this image:
Screenshot 2022-03-19 213148.jpg
If you have tried deleting your entire install and the save files in %appdata%\renpy and then working from a new install and still get no result, you might just need to use your imagination while playing the game.

I downloaded v0.20.5 of Summertime Saga to see if there was a change with the Ren'Py versions.
Both v0.20.5 and v0.20.13 use
Ren'Py 7.3.5

Here's the difference:

Plvy1n

Dec 8, 2020
I just downloaded v0.20.13 and the patch from both sources linked from the OP.
Without that patch, it is normal game.
With either patch, I get the same results. I do not see that splash screen either, which I find interesting. HOWEVER, my experience with each patch was successful - as seen from this image:
View attachment 1713022
If you have tried deleting your entire install and the save files in %appdata%\renpy and then working from a new install and still get no result, you might just need to use your imagination while playing the game.

I downloaded v0.20.5 of Summertime Saga to see if there was a change with the Ren'Py versions.
Both v0.20.5 and v0.20.13 use
Ren'Py 7.3.5

Here's the difference:
Hmm this splash screen means that the patch works or I do not understand correctly?

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes