srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
There's nothing terribly interesting at the line of code. "instructions_render = renpy.render(self._instructions, width, height, st, at)"

My guess is that you're using the Naughty Tribute Mod in French, and there's no French translation of the instructions for the Fishing minigame.
You should be careful blaming other mods...

I'd guess it's an outdated Lain's mod, though.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
You should be careful blaming other mods...

I'd guess it's an outdated Lain's mod, though.
LMAO! :ROFLMAO:

"You shouldn't point at others."

*promptly proceeds to point at others*
I did say it was a guess. I was hoping the person would reveal which mod they were using. I guessed the Naughty Tribute mod because it's the only one of which I'm aware that has translation.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I did say it was a guess. I was hoping the person would reveal which mod they were using. I guessed the Naughty Tribute mod because it's the only one of which I'm aware that has translation.
Naughty Tribute does not *have* translation. It *supports* translation. And a missing translation should not make any problems, despite not translating stuff.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
You need to learn to distinguish between blaming a mod and pointing out that a mod is outdated, dude. My mod is activly supported. Got it?
Hey man, I got nothing against you and I love your Mod and all... but I just couldn't help but to point and laugh at the irony of your post.

"You need to learn to distinguish between blaming a mod and pointing out that a mod is outdated (...)"
Yet by pointing at Lain's Mod as the culprit for the error you are, in essence, blaming it for said error (and if the guy really is using Lain's Mod then rightfully so, I might had).
And that's totally fine, like you said, it's outdated and it's been like that for a good while, there's a good chance that it might just be it, I wasn't implying you were wrong for pointing it out.
But, Like I previously said, I couldn't help but find it ironic that you would get mad at ImTransAndTiny simply for guessing the cause of the error could be your Mod, and immediately proceeded to do the exact same by guessing the cause of the error could be Lain's Mod.

But hey, you're free to think whatever you want. It doesn't bother me either way, no harm no foul, as the saying goes.
I'm not trying to personally attack you, or your Mod.
Cheers!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey man, I got nothing against you and I love your Mod and all... but I just couldn't help but to point and laugh at the irony of your post.

"You need to learn to distinguish between blaming a mod and pointing out that a mod is outdated (...)"
Yet by pointing at Lain's Mod as the culprit for the error you are, in essence, blaming it for said error (and if the guy really is using Lain's Mod then rightfully so, I might had).
And that's totally fine, like you said, it's outdated and it's been like that for a good while, there's a good chance that it might just be it, I wasn't implying you were wrong for pointing it out.
But, Like I previously said, I couldn't help but find it ironic that you would get mad at ImTransAndTiny simply for guessing the cause of the error could be your Mod, and immediately proceeded to do the exact same by guessing the cause of the error could be Lain's Mod.

But hey, you're free to think whatever you want. It doesn't bother me either way, no harm no foul, as the saying goes.
I'm not trying to personally attack you, or your Mod.
Cheers!
You did not yet see me outraged. I was trying to be sarcastic in my initial post as well -- not very successfull as it turned out.

Whatever, I tried both the Lain and Ikaruga mod and they do not cause such crashes. So my guess was not right either. I still want to point out that I never blame active mods of anything when I have no proof. People were known in the past to use outdated mods, however.

Reactions: Ranma
Jan 15, 2019
I cannot play the PC version at least not on Windows 8. I used my other computer which has a more current windows and I could get it to work on there.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I cannot play the PC version at least not on Windows 8. I used my other computer which has a more current windows and I could get it to work on there.
Saying you cannot play is like saying your car won't move. Your car could be out of gas. It could have flat tires. It could have a dead battery. It could be missing an engine. You could be sitting in your living room and looking at your parked car.

Providing actual details helps us help you.

Did your Windows 8 have all its updates? How old is your Video card - does it have updated drivers? What kind of machine is it - 32-bit or 64-bit?
Did you try a clean install - deleting the game from your Win8 computer, downloading it from the developer's website (for free) and unzip without any mods, patches, etc?

The game uses ren'py 7.3.5 so you shouldn't have a problem using it on a Windows 8 machine.

If the EXE file in the main folder isn't working for you - try the EXE in the lib\windows-i686 folder.

Let us know what works - if it does. If it doesn't, more details could help us better help you.

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
Btw about the tech update, it is supposed to be save compatible with any future updates beyond that right?
I believe Darkcookie said that a lot of past storyline (e.g teachers', Erik's) will be revised and maybe remade at some point, what are their solutions to people who already completed their storyline?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You did not yet see me outraged. I was trying to be sarcastic in my initial post as well -- not very successfull as it turned out.

Whatever, I tried both the Lain and Ikaruga mod and they do not cause such crashes. So my guess was not right either. I still want to point out that I never blame active mods of anything when I have no proof. People were known in the past to use outdated mods, however.
Mega extreme sarcasm is a subtle art lost to many and takes years to master
Btw about the tech update, it is supposed to be save compatible with any future updates beyond that right?
I believe Darkcookie said that a lot of past storyline (e.g teachers', Erik's) will be revised and maybe remade at some point, what are their solutions to people who already completed their storyline?
After the tech : yes. Older saves in the tech : probably nope. Anything not getting pregnant now will have a remake to enable it some time in the far future. Whatever save comp will be there at that time is debatable. As dude above said : replay the game. Shouldn't be too much of a drama assplosion since you didn't need to do it for the last 4+ years, unless you really wanted to and/or needed a fail reason to come here and cry your save fucked itself overnight and you "had" to restart

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes