Tico7533on

Oct 5, 2021
idk about over, because afaik despite the major-esque feeling of the story that was finished, the actual story was about the school life of your MC and the prom and that's most likely what they're working towards now.

maybe they have answered this and I just didn't really care to look it up, but I still don't know why they need this MAJOR TECH UPDATE, like 2-3 other big ambitioned games like Amity Park and such do this, but I don't get it. With how long the tech update takes with these things I'm just thinking how outdated theyd be when they come out and they need to do another.
well, the actual 'Tech Update' is mainly about going from a 4:3 aspect ratio, to 16:9 ratio (Widescreen) and converting all the images in a game from 4:3 to 16:9 (without simply stretching them), takes a lot of time, no matter how good or efficient you are at photoshop. With that being said, I agree, and this is the game that basically brought me here in the first place, and what got me into these types of games. But when you're waiting for progress this long, I at least lose interest, and have decided to wait for the actual 'Tech update' to be done, before I download the game again.

As for the matter of the content, we can only speculate, but he has a planned schedule, and if DarkCookie sticks to it, we know what to expect. And for the whole Patreon question, I agree for the most part, but I think there's a couple of factors to consider here. For one, they quickly gained a lot of traction, causing an initial boost/attention, which is very powerful on its own, and shouldn't be snickered at. Then secondly, word of mouth travels fast, and also interviews and other types of public exposure of the game, adds to this previously mentioned boost.

And lastly, and what I'm about to say might be an unpopular opinion, but I strongly suspect that those 3000 Patrons mostly came from the initial boost, and those people who "came there first", will always be DC's most loyal supporters, his core fans, if you will. And here's the unpopular opinion I mentioned. There is probably also a percentage of those people, that either has so much income, or just isn't on top of things, that they might not even be playing the game anymore, but still are supporting him, intentionally or coincidentally. Simply because they have too much money, forgot that they're Patrons of his, or simply can't be bothered to keep track of such insignificant details, for whatever reason.

Me, on the other hand, is poor, but I was a Patron for one game on Patreon, for a couple of months this summer. And I mainly joined to get hold of an updated walkthrough, but just my luck, the walkthrough didn't cover specifically what I was looking for. But I kept it for one month more, and downloaded a couple of wallpapers, in addition to the walkthrough, but then I cancelled my patronage to that creator. And to put things in perspective, I visited another creator, to see what their status on Patreon was, as it was a game I would like to see completed, and if it was likely the game would be so or not. And that poor dev only had two Patrons, making only like 5 bucks a month, which leads me to believe it's more likely that the game will be abandoned, than completed.

And while I'll keep my hopes up, it was a very clever way to get some indication of the most likely outcome, and it is what it is. But if that creator in question is more focused on it due to a passion for it, over making it big as a dev, then who knows what will happen, but time will tell. But I won't mention what the game is called, or the name of the dev, to cause someone else to be disappointed, like I was that day. Just thought it was a good story to share as a contrast to those devs, that actually makes a living from this, but at the end of the day, it's a little bit the luck of the draw, as well. I have even seen a dev who makes 50K in my currency (roughly 5 grand US Dollars pr month) and I wouldn't mind that sort of income myself, lol.

Last edited:

VeggieNeptunia

Nov 30, 2017
Goddam the tech update isn't done yet? The last story update for this game was in march of last year.
The main Story is ended. They should make end the characters like Judy, the pink Teacher, the cop, the principal, Annie and her mother if they will get the ending. If not start to do the true ending (the prom)

Reactions: Toaster22

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
the problem is we've only been getting tertiary characters for years
That's indeed true, I just wanted to point that it's always been like that once we are talking about the dialogs etc. for that kind of characters.

You original statement also still holds true. Why would a criticism of the bad writing be excused with more bad writing?
Is it really bad writing, though? The game has a huge global audience and this clearly is tailored towards those from russia/eastern europe (bad timing, for sure, but what can you do), just as Consuela, for example, is meant to be for those who speak spanish etc.

I've no idea where everybody here is coming from, but there may indeed be some characters which simply aren't written for everybody.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yakis0ba

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
That's indeed true, I just wanted to point that it's always been like that once we are talking about the dialogs etc. for that kind of characters.

Is it really bad writing, though? The game has a huge global audience and this clearly is tailored towards those from russia/eastern europe (bad timing, for sure, but what can you do), just as Consuela, for example, is meant to be for those who speak spanish etc.

I've no idea where people are coming from, but there may indeed be some characters which simply aren't written for everybody.
Yes it is.

Reactions: Kay_Kay

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
You original statement also still holds true. Why would a criticism of the bad writing be excused with more bad writing?
yeah even side characters could be written well, with a little more effort. even in this pre tech update there are so many words but none of it is interesting or funny or sexy. it's just dumb. i don't what's going on with sploosh but man, the last well written character was eve, not masterpiece writing but decent enough. even the writing in the main story was sort of bad and that was years ago. he better knocks it out of the park with rhonda.

Tico7533on

Oct 5, 2021
"Game of the year!"
That's a random note, probably wrote by some hardcore fans, that an unknown man will find in the distant future still looking at the alpha of the game.

All in all I'd suggest DC to focus on another project and move on as it's crystalline he's struggling to complete whatever he's trying to achieve.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But from what he said, he's not gonna make another adult game, as he got into it randomly, and isn't planning on making a career as a creator of adult games. So.......

Grim October

Oct 11, 2019
While I'm glad Rhonda won the poll, the yet-to-be-finished tech update has been a severe content bottleneck. And by content, I mean something pertinent to a girl's story path. This is some painful monkey's-paw type shit.

God knows how many more pre-tech updates there will be before we're graced by those sweet brown cheeks.

MC's Hammer

Apr 23, 2018
I thought the tech updates were originally supposed to be 1-2 parts in order to improve the pace of development.

Really disappointed as one of the earliest supporters. Started support when I was a junior in college, and now I'm almost 28. All I want is Annie content lol.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes