APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I thought the tech updates were originally supposed to be 1-2 parts in order to improve the pace of development.

Really disappointed as one of the earliest supporters. Started support when I was a junior in college, and now I'm almost 28. All I want is Annie content lol.

~Some Where Over the Rainbow...~

WhiteWolf34Uk

Apr 2, 2021
Hello to everyone around here.. can anyone or someone please tell me, what is new in this update? wonder cause i stop to play this game one year ago. have a great sunday, god bless u all

Reactions: intende69

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
yeah even side characters could be written well, with a little more effort. even in this pre tech update there are so many words but none of it is interesting or funny or sexy. it's just dumb. i don't what's going on with sploosh but man, the last well written character was eve, not masterpiece writing but decent enough. even the writing in the main story was sort of bad and that was years ago. he better knocks it out of the park with rhonda.
The problem with writing dialog compared to just writing a narritive story is if you don't actually have different people speaking the dialog back to the writer it becomes difficult to get the pacing and for the writer to tweak the dialog so it sounds natural or as it sounded in his mind when he wrote it. When you have actual actors speaking it it is much easier to see why some things work and others don't. Also none of these team members are actual pro's , they are at best above the average novices after all that is why they are doing this to begin with if they had mad tallent they would be working in the film/Tv/actual writers writing books or coding top tier games... I have to agree with you some of the writing does not work well although I still enjoy playing the game it is what it is.

Reactions: McSlut

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Wow, I haven't played this game in quite a while, but a few reasonable questions come to mind:
1. It's been "in development" for a full six years now...is the main storyline finally complete, at least?
2. Is there an estimated date of final completion for the basic game, at least?
3. Couldn't he just finish this game and make a sequel if he wants to keep the gravy train going?

I mean no offense by these questions--it's a great game and probably the most successful fap game ever, I'm just wondering why it hasn't wrapped up already. I figured six years was more than enough.
1. No, only one part of the main storyline is finally complete. There is also the Prom, I hope that it will have also a storyline for it. Creating an harem or having big fights between the girls. Who gets the boy?
2. I do not think that we will ever get an estimate.
3. sequels suck :) I always hate them in games like this one. And really not necessary, why not proceeding with the game? Why are 6 years enough? He has new 3 storylines planned after the tech update. This means ~2 extra years. And there are few other girls not finished, yet. I'm pretty sure DC has many more ideas for the game.

For me, after playing the final tech update version, I can put the game away for 1 1/2 years and enjoy a new playthrough with much new content.
I only hope that the tech update will not take another 6 months.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I have to agree with you some of the writing does not work well although I still enjoy playing the game it is what it is.
yeah i especially noticed this during the main story which was so weird tonally. you've got all this dialogue you can't take serious at all from ricardo and keanu reeves to tony seeing you as his son and asking you to impregnate his wife while he watches because you delivered pizzas for a week for him... and suddenly the game introduces human trafficking, murder and MC standing there with a gun about to shoot some russian mob boss like in a korean thriller or something. it was just weird. i was so sure during the whole time that MC's father would still be alive and to stay true to the game's tone he disappeared for some dumb reason that's actually sort of funny but nope.

honestly i wish DC would hire a decent writer, he definitely has the money for it. the game still being written by non-pros is his decision.

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
Wooow six month for this?
v0.20.15 (Pre-tech - Part 5):

New Content:

• Seven new animations, spread over multiple events with initial and repeat dialogue variants.
  • New button dialogue for Katya and Khadne to flesh out their back-stories and access repeatable content.
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Daisy losing her arms and face when given a pizza in the garden.
  • Resolved replay leak in Roxxy's bedroom sex scene that could be used to unlock her boobjob scene.
  • Adjusted the frames of Odette's blowjob animation to correctly fill the screen.

:KEK: tasting good your milk huh?

Reactions: jaredforks

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
yeah i especially noticed this during the main story which was so weird tonally.and suddenly the game introduces human trafficking, murder and MC standing there with a gun about to shoot some russian mob boss like in a korean thriller or something. it was just weird.
May I ask if you actually played the main story as a whole back then? It's really not that bad if you start from "day 1" and just play until it ends. Sure, there's are some ups and downs and comical elements, but the overall mood is certainly darker compared to the rest of the game, which is pretty fitting, honestly. After all it's a story about finding MC's dad's murderer and dealing with the bad guys in town.

i was so sure during the whole time that MC's father would still be alive and to stay true to the game's tone he disappeared for some dumb reason that's actually sort of funny but nope.
What? To have him coming back finding his son fucking his daughter and wife? I never even thought about the possibity of him beging alive, honestly. And I think that pretty much goes for 99% of the players.

Reactions: hmorphone

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
yeah i especially noticed this during the main story which was so weird tonally. you've got all this dialogue you can't take serious at all from ricardo and keanu reeves to tony seeing you as his son and asking you to impregnate his wife while he watches because you delivered pizzas for a week for him... and suddenly the game introduces human trafficking, murder and MC standing there with a gun about to shoot some russian mob boss like in a korean thriller or something. it was just weird. i was so sure during the whole time that MC's father would still be alive and to stay true to the game's tone he disappeared for some dumb reason that's actually sort of funny but nope.

honestly i wish DC would hire a decent writer, he definitely has the money for it. the game still being written by non-pros is his decision.
Probably boils down to friendship/loyalty type of scenario. I don't know the history but I am guessing the writer and DC were the first guys on the team maybe a coder too unless DC was doing art and coding at first and then hired all those other guys that mucked up the code which brings us to where we are now. I really don't expect a massive improvement on the writing side novelists and script writers are different animals and I suspect with out having any actual knowledge the writer is more in the novelist camp. It would explain the pacing issues and the seemingly out of left field dialog as well as the lack of development through the dialog. There are hybrids though that can do both like RR Martin he managed to give all his characters a different voice while keeping the story narrative going strong but just look how long he takes to finish anything I mean shit I have been waiting half my life to finish GOT. It is rare to see masterpiece material in a game dev. cycle it just takes a really long ass time to get it right.

Reactions: McSlut

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Probably boils down to friendship/loyalty type of scenario. I don't know the history but I am guessing the writer and DC were the first guys on the team maybe a coder too unless DC was doing art and coding at first and then hired all those other guys that mucked up the code which brings us to where we are now.
Sploosh joined the team for 0.14.3, which was Aqua's update. The main coder did actually change 3 times (4 times if you include DC, who did it at first), which is part of the reason why there's now a tech update happening.

Last but not least I'm still not really sure what people actually expected from this specific update. They managed to add scenes for 3 very minor characters, giving each of them a bit of character and some background, while not breaking Nadya's character. That's all that was really needed if you ask me, given that they weren't ever supposed to get more than these few lines in the first place.

Next to that one should remember that Nadya and Jab are actually real people from Russia/Ukraine and I'm pretty sure that Jab actually helped with parts of the dialog. As said above, there may simply be some cultural differences at play in some details, which make it harder for people form western europe or even the US to appreciate it.

Reactions: APoc1

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
May I ask if you actually played the main story as a whole back then? It's really not that bad if you start from "day 1" and just play until it ends. Sure, there's are some ups and downs and comical elements, but the overall mood is certainly darker compared to the rest of the game, which is pretty fitting, honestly. After all it's a story about finding MC's dad's murderer and dealing with the bad guys in town.
yeah i played the whole main story from the beginning. i guess i just didn't like the game gettind darker or making an attempt at a more serious story at all. tonally it made no sense to me that you go from talking to keanu reeves to having sex with a cow and suddenly the game becomes a semi serious thriller. it didn't work for me at all and i wish the game would have stayed tonally consitent throughout. so yeah i totally expected MC father to still be alive and as for him being okay with fucking MC his daughter and wife. i mean much much weirder shit happened in this game. like MC impregnating half the towns female population with no repurcussion or MC having sex with a fish or cow girl.

or maybe everyone would just agree to keep this shit a secret from your father, i don't know i'm sure a halfway decent writer could have made it work

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
the pre tech updates wouldn't be so bad if the dialogue wasn't so goddamn awful. i know nobody cares about the russian girls but man. it really takes effort not to skip this dumb shit. with mc and landlady the dialogue served a purpose, like slowly watching her corruption is what made the text spicy. with eve the dialogue was all about getting to know her insecurities which was very romantic when you helped her get past them. with roxxy it was all about seeing how her character changes from bitch to cute girlfriend. with these russian girls it's just retarded meme writing. BLYAT! SVETLANA MADE VODKA FACTORY GO BOOM! GO MAKE SEXY TIME WITH HER TO CHEER HER UP. DAVAI". i'm literally losing iq points just reading this shit.
Man, you weren't kidding, it feels like it was written at gunpoint. All three of them play the cold Russian stereotype to the goddamn hilt, ranging from "completely disinterested" to "mildly uncomfortable" as you're trying to to talk to them. It's just the MC standing around looking gormless while they babble in short bits of alternating English and Russian until Nadya finally screams at them to just fuck you already so the game can move along. These are literal sex slaves that are supposed to have been liberated, only to end up still chained to the factory for the remainder of the game. With all the trouble they took to make the character assets they couldn't have you show them around town for a bit? Have them interact with someone other than the idiot henchmen or the screeching Nadya?

These aren't characters, they're just dumb sprites you have to click through the shitty dialogue on until you get to the sex scene or two that represents the end of their involvement in the story. For a game that gave a lot of depth to tertiary characters like Grace in just a few short scenes, the writing is shockingly disengaged. I think the team is just as sick of the small pre-tech crap as the rest of us.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Sploosh joined the team for 0.14.3, which was Aqua's update. The main coder did actually change 3 times (4 times if you include DC, who did it at first), which is part of the reason why there's now a tech update happening.

Last but not least I'm still not really sure what people actually expected from this specific update. They managed to add scenes for 3 very minor characters, giving each of them a bit of character and some background, while not breaking Nadya's character. That's all that was really needed if you ask me, given that they weren't ever supposed to get more than these few lines in the first place.

Next to that one should remember that Nadya and Jeb are actually real people from Russia/Ukraine and I'm pretty sure that Jeb actually helped with parts of the dialog. As said above, there may simply be some cultural differences at play in some details, which make it harder for people form western europe or even the US to appreciate it.
Okay so DC started the concept and wrote the first parts of the game and then hired sploosh that can explain some of the tone changes I suppose.

As far as what people expect from updates this is the web many folks just want someone to hear them complain because they are disappointed they can't finish the game on "their time line" and then you get the I got the game for free milkers adding their chaos to the mix and in the end you get a chaotic pile of posts with a few people who are willing to rationally discuss game aspects without getting hyperbolic about it. kind of like going to a flea market 95% of the shit there is junk but you may find some good stuff if you look.

Last edited:
Reactions: hmorphone

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

I think for most character stories in the game, the writing is fine. But yeah it's hard to take the main story seriously when it involves murder and human trafficking and at the same time most of the characters are parodies of IRL people and dialogues are still very comedy oriented.

Last edited:

halluva

May 18, 2017
All three of them play the cold Russian stereotype to the goddamn hilt
I have to imagine that whoever wrote their dialog is the same person that turned Eric and his mom into a bunch of Jewish stereotypes and caricatures. Seriously, the scenes in his basement hit me like a ton of bricks; at no point before then were they at all written like that and then suddenly they're walking off the comic pages of Der Stürmer

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes