Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Why does this keep getting updating with non incest stuff and characters no one cares about?
Read the past 67k comments to find out. I recommend starting at the most recent and working your way back.
Short answer: Summertime Saga is in the middle of an extended technical update to convert display ratio, create a more uniform code, etc. During this time - small animation/scene only updates are released so that the fans have something to look at while waiting. As for the content before and after this tech update - it's mostly been content which fans voted for. Since mid/late 2018, more fans voted to see content with Eve, R(h)onda, Annie, Judith, etc than for Debbie, Jenny, and Diane.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The final chapter is too violent. I though it was a funny game.
How do you expect dealing with the Russian mafia who killed your notdad should end then ? Besides, MC only fired the rocket launcher backwards to allow notJohn Wick and co to help, and then Nadya nuked her notdad herself. Tony/Harold getting shot is also in there for reasons

Reactions: Geowraith

OldmanRed

Mar 13, 2018
Good evening gentlemen, I would like to know if the incest patch still works in this version, my thanks in advance

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Good evening gentlemen, I would like to know if the incest patch still works in this version, my thanks in advance
Good evening. Searching the thread:
Third result (second, if you had searched before posting): #67,421 at the top of the previous page if you had skimmed the last two pages. See #3 of the FAQ. I also recommend #1.

Reactions: OldmanRed

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
One thing I wanna ask is that can we expect all the forecoming updates be substantially faster after the tech update has been implemented?

Also who wanna have a bet on when the tech update be coming out? My bet is on June next year:whistle:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
One thing I wanna ask is that can we expect all the forecoming updates be substantially faster after the tech update has been implemented?

Also who wanna have a bet on when the tech update be coming out? My bet is on June next year:whistle:
Will they be faster ? Probably. It'll all depend on how fast the poser(s) and coder will implement the stuff. DC's part is never holding back anything

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

I am going to say that no one should expect quicker updates than what they were prior to work starting on the tech update. Previously, it was about 1.5 months for light content/fixes and about 4 months for significant content, with a little bit of variance. See #14 below if curious.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: APoc1

manneychin

May 8, 2017
so an year and a couple of months, got it. i genuinely was under the impression we were about to get over 2 years since its been so long since i started seeing that pre-tech in the title.
You were correct. We've passed 1 year and 8 months since DC alleged work has started. In Feb-2021 he said he is already working on things for the tech update (enlarged map). On 14-Feb-2021 he said he hired 2 new devs to replace a departing one and that "we should be moving on to the following tech update". Here:

However, there is no recording with this thing working in any capacity, not alpha, not demo, not anything. The code is open due to how Ren'Py works so once the delay started to become ridiculous (i.e. about a year ago), a show of good will would've been to literally show the code and an incomplete demo (alpha) with what has been done so far with the blown out budget. It's what regular devs do often but there was none of that here. I'm familiar with how these projects go IRL. There will be no tech update. Just a bunch of wallpapers worth $1.4 million and rising.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You were correct. We've passed 1 year and 8 months since DC alleged work has started. In Feb-2021 he said he is already working on things for the tech update (enlarged map). On 14-Feb-2021 he said he hired 2 new devs to replace a departing one and that "we should be moving on to the following tech update". Here:

However, there is no recording with this thing working in any capacity, not alpha, not demo, not anything. The code is open due to how Ren'Py works so once the delay started to become ridiculous (i.e. about a year ago), a show of good will would've been to literally show the code and an incomplete demo (alpha) with what has been done so far with the blown out budget. It's what regular devs do often but there was none of that here. I'm familiar with how these projects go IRL. There will be no tech update. Just a bunch of wallpapers worth $1.4 million and rising.
Dunno if I should lol at this or just report for being so wrong. Maybe both

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Report for what, exactly?
Bringing out any $/month or total donated since the tech build started is reportable. Then the whinage DC is never gonna release anything. Then the other whinage of why DC didn't release a pre-tech-alpha-proof-of-concept (which never happened and will never happen) ..... You get the idea

• Angry
Reactions: mammoth123
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes