Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
R(h)onda's notmom also doesn't exist ...... Just like the trucker bar, the cabin in the woods, the town hall, the bowling alley, the lighthouse. Pure madness from us

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games
Jan 14, 2018
One thing I wanna ask is that can we expect all the forecoming updates be substantially faster after the tech update has been implemented?

Also who wanna have a bet on when the tech update be coming out? My bet is on June next year:whistle:
The updates probably won't come out any faster than 3 months (strong guess) same as before. It'll just run smoother and be less buggy + aspect ratio change and larger map.

My bet is April.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i would be damn sad if the tech update hits and there are like 5 new animations one some revamped ones XD
Are you expecting storyline content in the tech update? If so, you might want to rethink your expectations. The next storyline driven update is R(h)onda's, scheduled to come after the tech update (And I personally wouldn't rule out a bugfix version after the tech update). Could there be a surprise in the tech update? Sure, but I wouldn't count on it.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
ok so the patch works and doesnt affect content did I get that right?
What patch ? If you're talking about the wincest patch, all it does is change what Debbie/Jenny/Diane get called in the game. Since there's been nothing story-wise to change any of those 3's dialogue for over 2 years, the patch still works. Then the tech build comes out and laughs at everything, including saves

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Then the tech build comes out and laughs at everything, including saves
Importing a handful of booleans and integers --which is what saves in these games boil down to-- isn't exactly rocket science. If the fabled tech update can't manage that after two years of work, it'd be downright embarrassing.

thedemus

Apr 9, 2017
I'm curious about something. Is to possible to change the chance of impregnating a girl via the console or something like that or is it a separate thing?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Importing a handful of booleans and integers --which is what saves in these games boil down to-- isn't exactly rocket science. If the fabled tech update can't manage that after two years of work, it'd be downright embarrassing.
You can fuck your save game by changing 1 line of code that happens before your save point. Now imagine what'll happen when you redo the entire codebase
I'm curious about something. Is to possible to change the chance of impregnating a girl via the console or something like that or is it a separate thing?
No need to do anything like that. Either take the pills and hit CTRL when the spin-2-win game doesn't end up like you want or use the phone hax. Console is locked for a reason
Can anyone explain to me what the new "Tech update" means? It seems to me like a large update, or rework.
Summon the FAQ or search for it around here. It's only been posted ~65 times by now, shouldn't be too hard to find

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Sure. I'm positive you could also produce valid saves by providing the right seed to the random number generator of your choice. I've heard that's how Microsoft compiles Windows.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You can fuck your save game by changing 1 line of code that happens before your save point. Now imagine what'll happen when you redo the entire codebase
That's for standard loading of saves which is built into Renpy, and it has to do with how it saves the scene you have currently open etc. But it's not what am talking about, which is just import/extraction and conversion of values of (known) variables from the file to corresponding new variables (if these even actually changed), while ignoring stuff that you know is no longer compatible.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
That's for standard loading of saves which is built into Renpy, and it has to do with how it saves the scene you have currently open etc. But it's not what am talking about, which is just import/extraction and conversion of values of (known) variables from the file to corresponding new variables (if these even actually changed), while ignoring stuff that you know is no longer compatible.
Guess you're better at this than the last ~5 coders, since the saves weren't compatible between builds from 0.1 to ~0.16, and even now are funky as all hell. Or not. The tech build will still scrap everything, whether or not it makes any sense

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Guess you're better at this than the last ~5 coders, since the saves weren't compatible between builds from 0.1 to ~0.16, and even now are funky as all hell. Or not. The tech build will still scrap everything, whether or not it makes any sense
I'd guess they simply didn't see the need to bother, with what was effectively ongoing development of the same (poor) codebase with frequent updates... but if there's any point for taking care to do import/export from old code to new one, it'd be this. Although on the other hand there might be some validity in not wanting the old saves to be compatible -- i mean, if you've spent last two years redoing your art, then you'll probably want people to see it, even if it means burning their old saves to force them to play through whole game again :v

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'd guess they simply didn't see the need to bother, with what was effectively ongoing development of the same (poor) codebase with frequent updates... but if there's any point for taking care to do import/export from old code to new one, it'd be this. Although on the other hand there might be some validity in not wanting the old saves to be compatible -- i mean, if you've spent last two years redoing your art, then you'll probably want people to see it, even if it means burning their old saves to force them to play through whole game again :v
I don't see what the big deal is about needing saves compatible? If you have completed all the old content, just start at the new content in the update using the prompt provided and then answer a few questions such as Eve's identity and whether you shared with Tony. Less than a couple of minutes and you can enjoy new content. If you haven't completed the old content, do that first and then download the update. If you haven't started the old content, immediately download the update and play from day one.

Why is it important for an old save to be compatible if you're provided a way to start at new content?

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes