Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Now of course, I would never do so, and I would never encourage anyone to do so, but if someone far less honorable were to contact Cookie and tell him that a series of very informative messages would be sent out regarding celebrity likenesses in his very profitable game to some very hungry lawyers, unless he picked up the fucking pace and finished this shit up in the next 2 months...
...then DarkCookie would use his billions of dollars he scammed of poor sheep* to hire a top-notch lawyer that would simply have to point to the 1988 Supreme Court ruling in Hustler Magazine and Larry C. Flynt, Petitioners v. Jerry Falwell that states:
[...] that the First and Fourteenth Amendments prohibit public figures from recovering damages for the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress (IIED), if the emotional distress was caused by a caricature, parody, or satire of the public figure that a reasonable person would not have interpreted as factual.
*just kidding

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Programmer (1 dude) works part-time (like most of the dev team, aside DC). He has to re-write the entire code (cause reasons) while waiting for the posers (3 dudes as of last info) do every scene (not just the lewds) with the new wider backgrounds, using the ~400+ image bits to "composite" all the girls back into not-mutants versions of themselves (no face and 4 arms, etc). All of that part-time, as said above

Bolded italics underlined : the art has been done for most of the year (check the tracker). And it's not "some" art, it's every background being ~1/3 wider, a bunch of new places (trucker bar/forest lodge/bowling alley/etc) with 2-3 variants for time of day + interiors/exteriors. Though all that isn't a bottleneck to the coder and/or posers
Just gonna put this here

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
This dev is just milking the donations, he just releases micro updates just to show that he is "working" on the game.
Game will never be finished, he gets more money to keep the game developing alive.
you say that but darkcookie himself is already finished on the art for the tech update its the coder that the production team kompas that is delaying the games release and the fact that he doesnt want to bring in more coders to help him saying that it will be too many chefs in the kitchen that also delays the progress even more. DC does basically daily streams of him drawing art and talking with the community and answers questions that they have even bringing in devs from time to time. While i do feel the game is also being milked a little bit to say it aint finna finish is a stretch its gonna finish when ur grandchildren have children

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I dont know where people get this idea the game is going to be completed anytime soon.
Is obvious darkcookie is going to be working in the game for years,you either care or not,thats on you.

Reactions: Count Morado

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It's interesting to note, that it's typically the people who aren't paying a cent towards this game who are complaining about the lack of progress, and not the people who are paying.

There are other great games to play and follow while you wait for the content other people are paying for

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's interesting to note, that it's typically the people who aren't paying a cent towards this game who are complaining about the lack of progress, and not the people who are paying.
Nothing really interesting about it -- people who are paying can display their discontent by stopping payments while the ones who aren't paying can only be vocal.

Reactions: kcaldw and chunkas

Unregistered

Oct 26, 2019
I'm really curious what the direction here is. Is this a refactor (rewriting the "spaghetti code"), update (bigger aspect ratio, redoing the visual content to fit the new aspect ratio, etc.), adding new content and extending already existing content? Or what is going on here?

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes