Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
that's exactly what i meant. i think the something unlimited devs are doing something similiar. i don't know my idea might be bad but i don't know if waiting 2 years and who knows how much longer for a this stupid tech update is much better
Lolnope, SU's dev can barely do what he says and what he puts in the changelog. He's not gonna remake the game anytime soon .....

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Bolded would never happen though. That's the main reason for the tech build : dump all that ~6 years of trash coding by 4+ dudes and redo it once. They wouldn't merge the 2 of them together, otherwise they'd already do it and the tech build would be out last year
Yeah pretty much.
that's exactly what i meant. i think the something unlimited devs are doing something similiar. i don't know my idea might be bad but i don't know if waiting 2 years and who knows how much longer for a this stupid tech update is much better
I mean, they seem to be struggling enough as it is to get a flat tech-update out, imagine them trying to merge two versions together, I'd rather chew on some pre-tech updates while waiting way too long for a tech-update than to witness that dumpster fire.

You also have to take into consideration how complicated things get. Like I said, you have to find a bunch of good, willing, full time coders in the first place, guide them through the process of unraveling the spaghetti code and then guide them in how to rebuild the code. It's not like you can throw a bunch of nerds at the code and say "make a better game".

DC and probably some of his main technical devs have to oversee all that happening while still making regular updates which also take time and effort, simultaneously piling onto the content that needs to be converted to the modern build. All of this takes good planning, communication and honestly, a bigger and better team than Kompas Productions is right now. I'll take what we have now thank you very much :ROFLMAO:
Debbie’s route should be redone!! Sadly, I think it Will take at least 3 years until that happen
Probably one of the only things I'm interested in any more when it comes to SS. Hope we'll get it anytime soon but I doubt it.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
You think her route should be redone so that she and the MC never connect? So that she is a serial killer? So that she is revealed to be the real criminal mastermind behind the MC's father's death? Your post is VERY vague.

But, you are quite correct about at least 3 years ... it's more likely to be 5 or more years, if ever ("if ever" being the highest probability). She isn't winning any polls any time soon.

Now, If you mean her route should be officially redone in such a way to violate Patreon's policies - yeah, that won't happen until DC no longer promotes it as part of his portfolio on Patreon.
Redone as in remade, come on bro lmao

I wonder why you think "if ever" is the highest probability, like, she might never get an update because DC doesn't want to risk Patreon raising a stink over it? That would be so lame... I don't see how Debbie's update would be any different from Jennie's or Diane's. I think no one in their right mind expects DC to add in incest but just give Debbie the Jenny treatment and unofficial patches will do the rest.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Redone as in remade, come on bro lmao

I wonder why you think "if ever" is the highest probability, like, she might never get an update because DC doesn't want to risk Patreon raising a stink over it? That would be so lame... I don't see how Debbie's update would be any different from Jennie's or Diane's. I think no one in their right mind expects DC to add in incest but just give Debbie the Jenny treatment and unofficial patches will do the rest.
I won't make that assumption about what the guy meant because we all know there is a significant number of people who drop messages here who want DC to make incest official, again.

You wonder why I think the way I do? Come on. It's pretty simple if you take a moment.

She could get an update, sure. But she is either going to have to win a poll first or DC wanting to actually revisit her story. He's given little to no indication on the latter and she's not done well with the former. Her part was nearly complete before the v0.20.9 update that finished the main story line:
1670661292675.png
If her story line finished up in v0.20.9 - then the likelihood is even less for her stuff to get a redo. There is a small possibility and I don't say "never"... but that's why I say "if ever" as the highest probability because he's got a shitton of other pans in the fire that he has ahead of considering to redo her story.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I won't make that assumption about what the guy meant because we all know there is a significant number of people who drop messages here who want DC to make incest official, again.
Honestly, I can't recall anyone ever saying such a thing, I'm sure there have been some people but they're far from significant.

Redone and remade are pretty much the same thing in the context of game development. You can even argue the same when someone says remade, because you don't know what way they want it remade. Weird thing to get pedantic about, that's why I said come on. (You say redo yourself btw)

You wonder why I think the way I do? Come on. It's pretty simple if you take a moment.
I asked that as a genuine question, no reason to be petty and do a little uno-reverse on me lol

She could get an update, sure. But she is either going to have to win a poll first or DC wanting to actually revisit her story. He's given little to no indication on the latter and she's not done well with the former. Her part was nearly complete before the v0.20.9 update that finished the main story line:
View attachment 2225420
If her story line finished up in v0.20.9 - then the likelihood is even less for her stuff to get a redo. There is a small possibility and I don't say "never"... but that's why I say "if ever" as the highest probability because he's got a shitton of other pans in the fire that he has ahead of considering to redo her story.
So, what happened to "DC will make all the content eventually, polls just choose the order of it"? I get that Debbie has substantial content already but it's old as hell and not up to par with the rest of the game at all, leaving that part of the game borderline unfinished because he doesn't feel like it would be a dick move. With that logic he could leave Erik's quest unfinished as well, or Mia's.

DC has other priorities and voters want new character quests instead of remakes right now, pretty logical, but there's a chance Debbie will get her remake once the fan favorites are out of the poll pool, or that DC himself choses to do her remake because he actually cares about SS. Why else would he propose her remake in the polls in the first place? Just because he doesn't directly indicate that he wants to remake Debbie's story, doesn't mean that's reason to speculate he will never update her. I hope I'm right for defending DC over this but I see no reason why she wouldn't get an update, even if it would be near the end of development.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Weird thing to get pedantic about, that's why I said come on. (You say redo yourself btw)
You are crying pedantic? That's rich.
I say "redo" because I am using it the way it was brought forth by the first person - attempting to keep the language the same so that we are all discussing the same thing instead of attempting to move it to a different intention.
no reason to be petty
Again, pot/kettle.
So, what happened to "DC will make all the content eventually, polls just choose the order of it"?
He's already made (almost?) all of her content.
leaving that part of the game borderline unfinished because he doesn't feel like it would be a dick move. With that logic he could leave Erik's quest unfinished as well, or Mia's.
I never said he was going to leave anyone's unfinished. I showed how before v0.20.9 was released that Debbie's story line was closed to finished in DC's own chart. I haven't seen it since, but there ain't much left there. Much less than going through and revising (there, I didn't say redo) her story line (yet again, having revised it after the 2017/2018 Patreon situation and then tweaking it again when Jenny's storyline was updated to make them mother and daughter again).
but there's a chance Debbie will get her remake once the fan favorites are out of the poll pool, or that DC himself choses to do her remake because he actually cares about SS.
And I never said never - in fact:
There is a small possibility and I don't say "never"... but that's why I say "if ever" as the highest probability because he's got a shitton of other pans in the fire that he has ahead of considering to redo her story.
Yes, there's a chance. It might be 1 in 100, it might be 1 in a million.
but I see no reason why she wouldn't get an update
And I disagree - I don't see any reason why she would.
Just because he doesn't directly indicate that he wants to remake Debbie's story, doesn't mean that's reason to speculate he will never update her.
So, you're saying that even though he's made no direct overtures that he intends or wants to revise Debbie's story it is okay for you and others to speculate he will eventually revise it.
but...
You don't want people to speculate that he won't.

Got it. I guess I will just continue disappointing you.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
You are crying pedantic? That's rich.
What is your problem? You were being pedantic for no reason and said that he was VERY vague, when all he did was say he wants Debbie's route redone. DC has done more remakes and has polled Debbie's remake as well, so him saying he wants her redone isn't vague at all.

Does he need to specify/eliminate everything he wants redone to get the point across to you that he just wants Debbie to get a update?

I say "redo" because I am using it the way it was brought forth by the first person - attempting to keep the language the same so that we are all discussing the same thing instead of attempting to move it to a different intention.
Fair enough.

Again, pot/kettle.
How? Calling out your weird pedantic rant over someone saying they want the Debbie update isn't petty and it wasn't in bad faith at all (at the time). You were being petty because you used the "come on it's not that hard" line because I asked you a genuine question and wanted to engage in casual conversation for a change. I was asking for your insight, that was it, not trying to start some debate.

He's already made (almost?) all of her content.
But she's part of the polls for a reason.

I never said he was going to leave anyone's unfinished. I showed how before v0.20.9 was released that Debbie's story line was closed to finished in DC's own chart. I haven't seen it since, but there ain't much left there. Much less than going through and revising (there, I didn't say redo) her story line (yet again, having revised it after the 2017/2018 Patreon situation and then tweaking it again when Jenny's storyline was updated to make them mother and daughter again).
The chart shows her story is done...Okay? How does that mean she can't have a remake? 90% of the remake would be scenes so her quest chart being full isn't an obstacle that means she can't have her scenes/some of her quest redone.
And I never said never - in fact:

Yes, there's a chance. It might be 1 in 100, it might be 1 in a million.
And I never said you did, I wasn't trying to start a debate dissecting everything you say. I was just speculating on my own, not my fault that this thread is a fight cage to you. Makes sense why you were so pedantic about the initial guy now, just trying to find shit to argue about.

And I disagree - I don't see any reason why she would.
Cool, I think she needs an update because her scenes are out of date and clash with the rest of the game.

So, you're saying that even though he's made no direct overtures that he intends or wants to revise Debbie's story it is okay for you and others to speculate he will eventually revise it.
but...
You don't want people to speculate that he won't.

Got it. I guess I will just continue disappointing you.
What even are you talking about anymore? People can speculate all they want, I just think the reasons you gave aren't any indication he will never update her to modern standards. Otherwise, why would DC put her in the polls in the first place? And back when I was still in his streams he did say he had plans to eventually update her (and other characters) to modern standards. It also just makes sense that an outdated part of the game would get a make-over to fit with the newer standards.

Feel free to dissect everything I said and try to have a gotcha moment, if it'll give you your redemption for the other times I've clowned you, so be it.

PS. I just realized I accidently used the word story in my past reply, but actually meant quest. Her general story is fine, it's more her scenes and quest flow that could use a rework. But that's because you used the word story first, and I kinda went with it subconsciously while meaning something different.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
return volley of your position in opposition to my position.
I was wondering what kind of redo the person was wanting. Some mean they want updated art, some mean they want her to have more action in the story, some want her pregnancy path included, some want the incest story line to be returned.

Because he was very vague - I was asking what he meant and that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon unless she wins polls (which has not been happening). And if it was the incest aspect, that he's got even longer to wait.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Debbie ist going to get a full rework just like Diane and Jenny, which will include new art, new animations and pregnancy. That has been DC's position from the start. The big problem in her case ist simply, that she already has a ton of content and as such it'll take ages to produce the update, yet but there won't be that much "new" content.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I was wondering what kind of redo the person was wanting. Some mean they want updated art, some mean they want her to have more action in the story, some want her pregnancy path included, some want the incest story line to be returned.

Because he was very vague - I was asking what he meant and that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon unless she wins polls (which has not been happening). And if it was the incest aspect, that he's got even longer to wait.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can see where you're coming from now to be honest. But still, whatever her update includes or is called, is still an update, saying it might never come out contradicts all of the above.

And if people misunderstand "remake" for something never promised, fuck 'em, people whine and shit all over this thread regardless, so trying to prevent it by getting pedantic over the meaning of remake while remake is just an umbrella term for Debbie's make-over, isn't exactly stopping arguments but rather starting them.

In the end I don't think we disagree, maybe I expect a little more than literally just updated art and scenes than you, aside from promised pregnancy and dating I would like to see a new scene or two thrown in when she gets overhauled, but that's just hopefulness and bias talking.

And as for any time you think I've been hurt by anything you have ever said, you can rest easy knowing that your barbs are as sharp as cotton swabs.
I don't actually think you've ever been hurt by what I said, but I beg to differ on that last part :censored:

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Debbie ist going to get a full rework just like Diane and Jenny, which will include new art, new animations and pregnancy. That has been DC's position from the start. The big problem in her case ist simply, that she already has a ton of content and as such it'll take ages to produce the update, yet but there won't be that much "new" content.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Rework/remake/redo doesn't necessarily mean new content, it just means she's getting reworked. If her story is finished and already has substantial content it's just her art, scenes and possibly quest design that will be overhauled, maybe (not expected, would just be a nice bonus) add a scene or two in there for good measure.

I don't think we're going to get her rework anytime soon, like you said, it's going to take a while to do her update for not much in return when you compare it to new character quests.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Rework/remake/redo doesn't necessarily mean new content, it just means she's getting reworked. If her story is finished and already has substantial content it's just her art, scenes and possibly quest design that will be overhauled, maybe (not expected, would just be a nice bonus) add a scene or two in there for good measure.
Yeah, I'd indeed say that a quest overhaul will almost certainly happen in some parts and we'll see many small additions in between, just like in Diane's update. It'll be nice for those who like her, but it'll take a lot of time.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
If you are hinting that it could be released before tech update - highly unlikely.

The art appears it could have been done for a bit, already (or at least a good chunk of it). I would suspect that not a single bit of the coding or posing has even started on it - because those folks are working on the tech update.

The posing would need to be done in 4:3 ratio for the current version if it were even considered what you're hinting at. Then that posing would need to be updated to 16:9 for the tech update - making extra work for the staff and more expenses for DC to pay. Similar with the coding - it would need written to be compatible with the current code AND the code after the update or first compatible for current code and then revised for the code after. Again more work and more cost.
If I'm hinting at anything, it's that at the speed things have played out with the tech update DC is going to be done the art for Rhonda before the coding is done for tech and that should be borderline embarassing for them. Given the revenue this project brings in, it should be nothing for them to hire a couple people for a couple months tto help. Revenue which has been steadily dropping for the last ten months, presumably because there hasn't been any kind of real release.

Reactions: StreamSteam

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
If I'm hinting at anything, it's that at the speed things have played out with the tech update DC is going to be done the art for Rhonda before the coding is done for tech and that should be borderline embarassing for them. Given the revenue this project brings in, it should be nothing for them to hire a couple people for a couple months tto help. Revenue which has been steadily dropping for the last ten months, presumably because there hasn't been any kind of real release.
R(h)onda's art is indeed mostly done (for what we know from the streams) and they won't hire more dudes, even if it shames them all to hell and back. $/month means nothing

Reactions: Count Morado

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
R(h)onda's art is indeed mostly done (for what we know from the streams) and they won't hire more dudes, even if it shames them all to hell and back. $/month means nothing
$/month will matter if it drops low enough that DC has to go back to working for other people. I remember how exactly he was to get to the point he could quit his day job. Would be a shame to ruin all that just because they're not willing to make the extra effort to catch up.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes