doble77

Feb 24, 2018
Of the many incest patches, which one is the good one? Are all outdated or do the last game updates don't modify any related content?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Six years to still be at 20% of your game, LoL.
(even if the game is stil good even if only v0.20)
The version number isn't percentage, it's the number of minor updates for the application -- using the generally accepted semantic versioning nomenclature in the software industry:

Summertime Saga content is over 60% complete - if you see that before the March 2021 update, it was at 57% complete (Based upon content goals at that time - doesn't include the past year and a half of work that has been done in the tech update): #68,219
1670536392280.png
Of the many incest patches, which one is the good one? Are all outdated or do the last game updates don't modify any related content?
If only you could search the thread in some way... or scroll back a couple of pages to see if this question has been asked and answered hundreds of times -- to repeat my post from Monday that is at the top of the previous page of this thread #68,261: See #3 in the 67th posting of my FAQ near the bottom of the previous page: #68,235 I also recommend #1.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What happens when the Rhonda update is finished before the tech update?
If you are hinting that it could be released before tech update - highly unlikely.

The art appears it could have been done for a bit, already (or at least a good chunk of it). I would suspect that not a single bit of the coding or posing has even started on it - because those folks are working on the tech update.

The posing would need to be done in 4:3 ratio for the current version if it were even considered what you're hinting at. Then that posing would need to be updated to 16:9 for the tech update - making extra work for the staff and more expenses for DC to pay. Similar with the coding - it would need written to be compatible with the current code AND the code after the update or first compatible for current code and then revised for the code after. Again more work and more cost.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
If you are hinting that it could be released before tech update - highly unlikely.

The art appears it could have been done for a bit, already (or at least a good chunk of it). I would suspect that not a single bit of the coding or posing has even started on it - because those folks are working on the tech update.

The posing would need to be done in 4:3 ratio for the current version if it were even considered what you're hinting at. Then that posing would need to be updated to 16:9 for the tech update - making extra work for the staff and more expenses for DC to pay. Similar with the coding - it would need written to be compatible with the current code AND the code after the update or first compatible for current code and then revised for the code after. Again more work and more cost.
Or how to ask for another year+ of delay without asking for another year+ of delay

Reactions: Count Morado

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
he could have stayed at the 4:3 format and put out rhonda and annie updates a year ago by now while hiring additional coders and posers who could have worked on the tech update in the background. just draw the backgrounds for the new updates in 16:9 and cut of the sides so it can be used in 4:3. sure he would have to swap those backgrounds eventually for the 16:9 versions eventually and it would result in some additional work but that way nobody would have cared much if the tech update would have taken 3 or 5 more years.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
he could have stayed at the 4:3 format and put out rhonda and annie updates a year ago by now while hiring additional coders and posers who could have worked on the tech update in the background. just draw the backgrounds for the new updates in 16:9 and cut of the sides so it can be used in 4:3. sure he would have to swap those backgrounds eventually for the 16:9 versions eventually and it would result in some additional work but that way nobody would have cared much if the tech update would have taken 3 or 5 more years.
I kinda get your logic but that's all way easier said than done.

Reactions: Count Morado

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I kinda get your logic but that's all way easier said than done.
What logic ? Dude is saying to do the same work 2x with 50 more devs for what amounts to basically nothing, aside saving him some time he doesn't know won't happen.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
What logic ? Dude is saying to do the same work 2x with 50 more devs for what amounts to basically nothing, aside saving him some time he doesn't know won't happen.
His logic = DC and his team works on the updates as usual, as well as doing art for the tech-update on the side, while a dedicated team does everything for the tech-update. Pretty much developing both ends and merging together at some point.

I'm not saying the logic is impeccable, it's unrealistic as hell, hence why I said that it's way easier said than done, starting with finding good enough full time coders in the first place. I'll take what we have now instead of that hypothetical shitshow lol

ynyn

Oct 21, 2018
Is the android version patched? Cuz the game won't start via Joiplay (as is the case for almost every RenPy game on Joiplay ).

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
His logic = DC and his team works on the updates as usual, as well as doing art for the tech-update on the side, while a dedicated team does everything for the tech-update. Pretty much developing both ends and merging together at some point.

I'm not saying the logic is impeccable, it's unrealistic as hell, hence why I said that it's way easier said than done, starting with finding good enough full time coders in the first place. I'll take what we have now instead of that hypothetical shitshow lol
Bolded would never happen though. That's the main reason for the tech build : dump all that ~6 years of trash coding by 4+ dudes and redo it once. They wouldn't merge the 2 of them together, otherwise they'd already do it and the tech build would be out last year

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Pretty much developing both ends and merging together at some point.
that's exactly what i meant. i think the something unlimited devs are doing something similiar. i don't know my idea might be bad but i don't know if waiting 2 years and who knows how much longer for a this stupid tech update is much better

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is the android version patched? Cuz the game won't start via Joiplay (as is the case for almost every RenPy game on Joiplay ).
No. But you can go check the couple of Mod threads listed in the OP to see if they have a solution.

Reactions: ynyn

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Debbie’s route should be redone!! Sadly, I think it Will take at least 3 years until that happen
You think her route should be redone so that she and the MC never connect? So that she is a serial killer? So that she is revealed to be the real criminal mastermind behind the MC's father's death? Your post is VERY vague.

But, you are quite correct about at least 3 years ... it's more likely to be 5 or more years, if ever ("if ever" being the highest probability). She isn't winning any polls any time soon.

Now, If you mean her route should be officially redone in such a way to violate Patreon's policies - yeah, that won't happen until DC no longer promotes it as part of his portfolio on Patreon.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes