ZZTuner

Nov 6, 2019
Reading posts like this I feel a strong urge to double my Patreon support for DC, just to piss some people off.

Yes, it's slow. No amount of moaning will change that. Especially not here. Deal with it.

Btw/ I hope the game is *never* finished. Seriously!
I probably won't make many friends on this topic, but you can't blame those who complain.

The game has a crazy potential and it's not exploited. The development is dragging and sometimes you get wallpapers made the day before in the stream. It's a bit sad.

Panduh

Feb 17, 2019
The thing that pisses me off is DC started the edging update trend that nearly all creators fall to. Updates in the begining are monthly with significant content then when a larger fanbase and money to "hire another artist or coder" the updates get significantly more infrequent. It is sad. Regardless of the artists outline of the planned story, you still need to keep up with updates. DC had polls for content that would come out for certain characters. We are still waiting on the police officers daughter the girl from track's questline and Redhead with glasses. Both were planned 3+ years ago. I remember as I voted on patreon when I used to donate. The only games that seem to make good progress now are html games...

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
The thing that pisses me off is DC started the edging update trend that nearly all creators fall to. Updates in the begining are monthly with significant content then when a larger fanbase and money to "hire another artist or coder" the updates get significantly more infrequent. It is sad. Regardless of the artists outline of the planned story, you still need to keep up with updates. DC had polls for content that would come out for certain characters. We are still waiting on the police officers daughter the girl from track's questline and Redhead with glasses. Both were planned 3+ years ago. I remember as I voted on patreon when I used to donate. The only games that seem to make good progress now are html games...
You're obviously not a programmer. When I started my mod, updates in the beginning were large and frequent. Now they're small and infrequent. That's not because I'm making more money -- I'm still making nothing -- but because I ran out of low-hanging fruit. There's a well-known rule called the Pareto principle which states that roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of causes (also known as the "80-20 Rule"). As any project gets larger, it takes more and more work to add anything new to it. Eventually, you get to the part where the last 20% of your results take 80% of your effort. Finally, you have no choice but to redesign everything to make it easier to add to it in the future, which takes a very long time and has a 50% chance (more recently, I heard 70% chance) of failing. You actually have to stop what you're doing to do a bunch of work that no one can see, and there's a good chance that you'll have to give up on it and throw it all away. You take that chance because you have to. Keeping things the way they are isn't an option.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've never taken on a project that got out of hand and had to learn about this principle the hard way. I have. DC has. Every major corporation has. It's just life. Bitching about it won't help, but at least you got to annoy some other people, right?

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You're obviously not a programmer. When I started my mod, updates in the beginning were large and frequent. Now they're small and infrequent. That's not because I'm making more money -- I'm still making nothing -- but because I ran out of low-hanging fruit. There's a well-known rule called the Pareto principle which states that roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of causes (also known as the "80-20 Rule"). As any project gets larger, it takes more and more work to add anything new to it. Eventually, you get to the part where the last 20% of your results take 80% of your effort. Finally, you have no choice but to redesign everything to make it easier to add to it in the future, which takes a very long time and has a 50% chance (more recently, I heard 70% chance) of failing. You actually have to stop what you're doing to do a bunch of work that no one can see, and there's a good chance that you'll have to give up on it and throw it all away. You take that chance because you have to. Keeping things the way they are isn't an option.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've never taken on a project that got out of hand and had to learn about this principle the hard way. I have. DC has. Every major corporation has. It's just life. Bitching about it won't help, but at least you got to annoy some other people, right?
Nice try, won't help...

Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys hope you are well.

There is a game I am looking for. It has the same art style as this game only that it takes place in an apartment complex. ANy clues as to the name for the game?

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I don't know why I never posted this here. What's the general (try to be civil please) consensus on these types of mods?
View attachment 2630674
Mega
Video of Odette ^

AI conversion mods, shit or nah?
The still image made me laugh. I'm not sure why they're on a beach instead of in front of a mansion, though.

The video is Uncanny Valley ugly. Odette's face looks fake, so it's a problem of looking too real but not real enough. If it's not completely passable as real, the mind detects that there's something wrong with it and considers it ugly.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
The fact Judith doesn't have a story and scenes after 7 freaking years is a showcase of idiocy and why I dropped this game.

Reactions: Panduh
Jan 14, 2018
Reading posts like this I feel a strong urge to double my Patreon support for DC, just to piss some people off.

Yes, it's slow. No amount of moaning will change that. Especially not here. Deal with it.

Btw/ I hope the game is *never* finished. Seriously!
Do it. And it better not be 1$ to 2$ cookie chip level. Double the cookie addict level. Do it. Bet you won't.

maxresdefault.jpg

shane001

Jun 12, 2020
When people side with lazy devs, it just rubs me the wrong way...
you do understand that if you just say "oh its just 12$ a year, why do you care" then there is no helping you.. If you have any clue about life in general you would know that bad behavior should not be rewarded ffs, the development started 2016.....its 2023 now.. for this amount of time you could have made at least 3 games...
and no this is not hating on DC for milking the shit out of this game, kudos to him he is doing something me and a lot of people would love to be able to do.. but for me the problem is that, as a user id like a product to be finished in a reasonable time. this and some other devs are taking the piss. this sort of game could be done in 2 years max, without any crunch time

Ill be honest id make it so that he only gets access to 50% of the cash until he finishes the game...
This thread has become nothing but a circlejerk for the defenders of DC who will jump on you even for the slightest criticism of the creator.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes