Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I_Need_An_Adult For me it's a combination of above average writing and characters, and a unique art style. And then you add into it mechanics that are like 25% as grindy as other titles, along with, what is by now 118 years since the game launched, a fairly good chunk of content, and it is for me the best h-game out there.

This game started life as a Wincest title and only went to the 'Landlady' route after Patreon cracked down on that content from creators on their platform. So that's the game I want to play, and I mod it accordingly. It has what I think is pretty much the most believable story of all the Wincest titles I've played (meaning how MC comes to bed all the women in his family), and that goes a long way towards enjoyment.

But in a Wincest game, there are only so many possible options. Once you get them, that's it. That's the game; it would be a little disingenuous to suddenly introduce a grandmother or half-sister, or something like that at this stage (unless they could somehow be introduced earlier in the story). So anything else, meaning 'bangables' outside the family, is gravy. The teachers, Mrs Johnson, Mia's mom, Roxxy and her friends, Maria............. they're all basically just DLC as far as I'm concerned, so I don't care that updates come out once every 15 lunar cycles. It's nice to have all that content in the Summerville Universe, and I will gladly play any updates when (or if) they do come out, and that will be a fun way to spend half an hour that week, but that will be that. I don't care at all about the pregnancy stuff or dating, and I certainly don't care about sending MC to prom, or who killed his dad.
Call Maria DLC again and we fightin :ROFLMAO:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
When dc plan to restart streaming ?
Original post said today - but if anyone has taken a vacation with the family, we all know what that first day back actually looks and feels like with unpacking, cleaning up, catching up on emails, etc.

Posted 23 minutes ago in the discord -- before you posted your question here (I'm not a member, but I decided to check - just because of you and your question - because I knew the answer would be there. Perhaps you should consider joining if you want to always keep up on the latest info):
1684175033016.png

Oberoth

Jan 14, 2020
I will only say one thing, I'm not a hater, I'm a fan of DarCookie and his work, I just want to know why someone can do something like that
Captura.png

BabayMonsta

Oct 17, 2018
And I'm legit wondering why people don't just go and play something else during the wait. This game can be hardly their only wank material, right?

Right?
I thinks people are just afraid that the dev is falling into the common trend of farming patreons and then sit back and let the money roll in. Im not saying cookie is doing that im just speaking out of experience.
Devs just go radio silent and after 8 months to a year release an update that at most required 2 months to make.
I dont think people who dont support the creator have a right to complain but for supporters something like that fells like a slap to the face, again speaking out of experience.
The longer the dev takes to update the game to higher the expectations get and if their not met people get disappointed even if the update is great.
Then the dev gives some excuse about mental health and family deaths and expects everyone to ignore the 60 buckeronies they paid for 5 hours of content.

BabayMonsta

Oct 17, 2018
I thinks people are just afraid that the dev is falling into the common trend of farming patreons and then sit back and let the money roll in. Im not saying cookie is doing that im just speaking out of experience.
Devs just go radio silent and after 8 months to a year release an update that at most required 2 months to make.
I dont think people who dont support the creator have a right to complain but for supporters something like that fells like a slap to the face, again speaking out of experience.
The longer the dev takes to update the game to higher the expectations get and if their not met people get disappointed even if the update is great.
Then the dev gives some excuse about mental health and family deaths and expects everyone to ignore the 60 buckeronies they paid for 5 hours of content.
To make it very clear im not making fun of mental health issues and family deaths but its literally the first 2 excuses chatgpt gives you for avoiding hate for being a lazy piece of shit

TGafy

May 14, 2020
To make it very clear im not making fun of mental health issues and family deaths but its literally the first 2 excuses chatgpt gives you for avoiding hate for being a lazy piece of shit
In DC's case, he hasn't gone radio silent. There's also updates coming from his team (the post above yours as an example).
As for those excuses, some use those excuses to avoid, it's true. At the same time, it's not like those events are outside the realm of possibilities. Who's gonna be the jackass and call them out on it. We don't know what the real identities are of these nsfw game devs so there's no way to check into it. At the end of the day, these are games. Move on and circle back later.

Edit: This is coming from a pirate's pov. As for those 'paying', no one's forcing these payments to continue. Just as they were free to donate and support, their just as free to unsub at any time.

BabayMonsta

Oct 17, 2018
In DC's case, he hasn't gone radio silent. There's also updates coming from his team (the post above yours as an example).
As for those excuses, some use those excuses to avoid, it's true. At the same time, it's not like those events are outside the realm of possibilities. Who's gonna be the jackass and call them out on it. We don't know what the real identities are of these nsfw game devs so there's no way to check into it. At the end of the day, these are games. Move on and circle back later.

Edit: This is coming from a pirate's pov. As for those 'paying', no one's forcing these payments to continue. Just as they were free to donate and support, their just as free to unsub at any time.
Yes no one is forcing them. But if no one supports them you would have nothing to pirate. and thats the problem. One bad apple and all that. Btw if you look at my screenshot i wrote exactly what you where saying about the excuses: Excuses no one would ask you to prove.

• Wow
Reactions: Oberoth

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I mean, DC has never claimed meantal health issues and the only real "emergencies" I recall, where his wife giving birth and the the fact that he suddenly had his 3 small kids at home during covid, when everything was shut down.
Getting a cold from time to time (at an above average rate) is something that happens, when you've got kids that age. It's strange, that some poeple seem to think, that someone would work 6 years straight without taking a vacation or without ever having any issues at all. With that kind of expectation it's not really a surprise, that some devs are actually getting mental issues.

Managing your own expectations is crucial once you give money on patreon, but sadly that's something many people just aren't capable of. They suddenly start to act, like they are paying him 60k a month, when in reality the average patron spends about $2.50, while most will give $1. A full year of subscribing to DC costs less than 2 coffees at Starbucks...

BabayMonsta

Oct 17, 2018
I mean, DC has never claimed meantal health issues and the only real "emergencies" I recall, where his wife giving birth and the the fact that he suddenly had his 3 small kids at home during covid, when everything was shut down.
Getting a cold from time to time (at an above average rate) is something that happens, when you've got kids that age. It's strange, that some poeple seem to think, that someone would work 6 years straight without taking a vacation or without ever having any issues at all. With that kind of expectation it's not really a surprise, that some devs are actually getting mental issues.

Managing your own expectations is crucial once you give money on patreon, but sadly that's something many people just aren't capable of. They suddenly start to act, like they are paying him 60k a month, when in reality the average patron spends about $2.50, while most will give $1. A full year of subscribing to DC costs less than 2 coffees at Starbucks...
Nothing in my posts where directed at DC. Everything past my first sentence was me talking abouts other devs. I was just voicing the concerns some people have with devs who work to long on an update. some people just got burned one to many times. a goliath example for that would be ICSTOR.
As for your other point, true $12 isnt much at the end of the year, but wouldnt you have rather given them to someone who actually gives a fuck.
Im just saying that one giant of an apple spoilt the bunch and now everybody has trust issues. i for example started to support the devs once after every update after seing the quality for myself. true i dont get the benefits of seing the posts in the development phase but at this point i dont give a damn. and if everybody would have done that i can guarantee that all those 8-12 month long updates would be done in 2.
And again, im not talking about DC.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Oberoth

Gzowl_LiP

Apr 15, 2023
last update 6 months ago, dev is getting 50k a month without doing anything, why should he finish the game when some dumbfucks are filling his pockets
In other words, why would he finish the game, when he could just quit and go work on something else which almost guarantee, for the same skillset, would provide him with a much lower income and likely reduced autonomy?

Ichii

Jul 5, 2017

When people side with lazy devs, it just rubs me the wrong way...
you do understand that if you just say "oh its just 12$ a year, why do you care" then there is no helping you.. If you have any clue about life in general you would know that bad behavior should not be rewarded ffs, the development started 2016.....its 2023 now.. for this amount of time you could have made at least 3 games...
and no this is not hating on DC for milking the shit out of this game, kudos to him he is doing something me and a lot of people would love to be able to do.. but for me the problem is that, as a user id like a product to be finished in a reasonable time. this and some other devs are taking the piss. this sort of game could be done in 2 years max, without any crunch time

Ill be honest id make it so that he only gets access to 50% of the cash until he finishes the game...

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes