Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Assassins Creed
No. You're comparing apples to oranges - on so many levels. If you want to discuss further, please feel free to create a new thread in Off-Topic with how you think the subscription model for accessing completed AAA games is similar to contributing to creators on Patreon with games still in development and whether increasing or decreasing the number of patrons motivate development speed. If I see it, I'll read your hypothesis.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Vexstear

Jan 7, 2019
What does the tracker actually "track"? Sometimes I got there check, it says "7 changes in the last 24 hours" but nothing really changed on the percentage meters.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
why are ppl so fascinated with this game? 1 second loops for all animations. 2d gfx that are well out dated .. its like a 90s parody trying to fill itself with as many pop culture references as possible in an attempt to seem "cool" and "relevant". how many "not implemented yet" parts are there? as if that part of the game was just added as a tease and never worked on therefore abandoned but to lead you to hope it will eventually happen? I have read this game has been being "developed" for like 5 + years? lmao ...I just do not get it ...
Sounds like a multiple account again.
I like it very much yes the story is something of its own but tastes are different, right?

Reactions: Chrostiph

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
why are ppl so fascinated with this game? 1 second loops for all animations. 2d gfx that are well out dated .. its like a 90s parody trying to fill itself with as many pop culture references as possible in an attempt to seem "cool" and "relevant". how many "not implemented yet" parts are there? as if that part of the game was just added as a tease and never worked on therefore abandoned but to lead you to hope it will eventually happen? I have read this game has been being "developed" for like 5 + years? lmao ...I just do not get it ...
The animations are high quality and fluid, there's not many 2D games that have the same quality animations, and there's no games that have as much content as SS with these animations. 2D art doesn't really get outdated in the same sense that 3D renders would. There's art from ten or even hundreds of years ago that's better than modern art. I'm not sure how you would classify this art as outdated unless it's competing with itself.

I agree with the references and especially the unimplemented content. Not sure why you're saying "developed" as if there's barely any content though, this game has plenty of content.

It comes down to big game with nice art/animations and decent gameplay, it's not hard to imagine why people like this game.

Username7

May 1, 2017
What does the tracker actually "track"? Sometimes I got there check, it says "7 changes in the last 24 hours" but nothing really changed on the percentage meters.
So at the start of each update they make a big check list of everything that needs to be done, doesn't matter if it's an art task that'll take two hours or reposing an entire route they're all one box that needs to be checked and that's what the tracker keeps track of anytime they tick off a box on that list it goes up (When it's not broken, which happens a lot.). When you see x amount of changes in the last 24 hours that's them logging changes made to the task that make up the boxes.

Reactions: Vexstear

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
The game is quite literally a parody of 90s teenage romance movies. I thought that was obvious by the time Roxxy's route was made.

Besides, let's not act like many of the 3D games are doing much better than this game. A renpy game is a renpy game at the end of the day. And all the other super big non renpy 3D games have their own fair share of problems. Like Subverse for example.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
I'm trying to do a Roxxie run but it looks like i can't get new content with her anymore. It was super short if that's the case. Once i become her official boyfriend nothing new happen. I can't even seem to be able to invite her in the beach house to live here ?

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I'm trying to do a Roxxie run but it looks like i can't get new content with her anymore. It was super short if that's the case. Once i become her official boyfriend nothing new happen. I can't even seem to be able to invite her in the beach house to live here ?
Just curious: did someone tell you that it was possible to have any of the girls move in with you? The plan is that, someday, you'll be able to take one of them to the prom. I doubt there will ever be marriage or cohabitation.

danny79dk

Jul 28, 2017
They added a few new scenes with Roxxy (at her trailer) in the tech updates but at the moment the only content the beach house has is with Consuela. And I don't know how the beach house plays into future updates sadly :/

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
the categorisation of things-to-do into "tasks" is completely arbitrary. 1 task might be something as large as "repose Mia's questline", or something as small as "fix bug #1247 -- image of Tony not appearing because ren'py is calling the wrong filename"
this is partly the reason why progress appears so slow even by Summertime Saga standards; if all work is being done on a few big tasks but they're not done yet, the tracker is marked as no progress even if the coders are making decent headway
I think patreon subs have the more granular tracker that has the actual tasks listed -- hopefully one will post a screenshot of it for you

Reactions: Vexstear
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes