Juice86

Jan 13, 2023
Well, the business model of Patreon is truly make "consumer" like you guys have a hard time to complaint. Since, Patreon didn't give a shit about you. Cause you didn't buy shit. You just support the project by paying. If you didn't want to support it, you think it's a scam, or anything, simply just stop supporting. You gain nothing by complaining. It's just the business model. And if you don't like it, well, that's capitalism for you.

They don't force you to pay shit, so just don't. In the meantime, while waiting for who knows how long, you can try another awesome game on this site. There's A LOT of hidden gems in here.
Patreon is not capitalism. It's basically monthly tip/gratuity service site. It has been hi-jacked and misused by certain devs (not DC) to gate their game behind, but this is never what the site was intended for. But since patreon rakes in the money they don't seem to care about this. True Capitalism is paying ONCE for a game like you do from gamestop or steam. Having said that, it's not a healthy model or something you should revel in, even in the case of Summertime saga. If Dark Cookie only got his money released upon fulfilling the tech update OR this was a fixed price game, you'd have had the update months ago for sure. It's a shitty model for gaming that rewards laziness. He's literally incentivized to go as slow as possible and if, for example, 90% of ppl decided to stop donating, he'd likely drop the game outright and never update it. I'd rather it cost $60 then free, because updates would be faster to bring in new players.

So tried of people saying "It's free, so stfu". Not the point. People like to gaslight and pretend he hasn't made absolute bank. He's over compensated for what the game is. The ppl complaining are valid, supporter or not. Nothing against the creator personally, but he's not immune from the effects of a badly designed, ill-adapted monetary support system that completely favors the devs/people working on the game and in turn the supporters get shafted of value. THIS is why it's taking so long.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
jealous rant
Except almost no one here pays $60, or any amount, for any game they download from here. So your thought of "I'd rather it cost $60" is moot on a site like this. "It's free, stfu" is the point. In fact most of your whole post and many similar are off-topic for the thread. You're crying because it's taking too long, in your opinion - and others, for you to get your rocks off to a free game. It's not about what he's making or anything like that. It's that you want new content to jack off to, now.
1684884845421.png
Even in a normal game thread on this site, bitching about $$$ is off-topic as it has no effect concerning the fact that everyone on this site gets to play all leaked games for free. Doubly so with Summertime Saga, because not only are leaked versions shared here for people to play for free - but anyone with access to the internet can download it for free directly from the developer's website. No matter what - you, the player, are getting the product for free ... if it were a product on the shelf and cost $2,000 to buy - but you were given it free by the factory, sure you could bitch about the price that other people had to pay --- but you were given it free and so really have no skin in the fight. No one pays a penny to play Summertime Saga. No one here, no subscriber (they don't pay to play), no one. If people choose to subscribe/donate/contribute -- that is their decision. If they choose to stop --- that is there decision. If they choose never to -- that is their decision.

If you have a problem with the Patreon system - you should go complain somewhere else about the Patreon system. This thread - as well as every other game thread on F95 - is not the place to bitch about the Patreon system.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Hi All,
after supporting the developer for nearly 2 years have decided to cancel my membership and look for another project.
I can only see this going one way even if the tech update gets finished the game will never be. I see abandoned sign in the future but still wish him all the best and I hope he get's it done.
I think I would rather the thread know that I liked some fucked up fetish than have them know I was willingly fleeced for over two years, but you do you. Finding fetish that would shock these degenerates might be a challenge, however, so maybe that's not saying much.

Oh, there is a chance that it will get done, you'll just be in a nursing home when it is. Cheers! :LOL:

Last edited:

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Is there anything hidden in the game? I don't understand what the incest patch does...
There is a few easter eggs in the game like Aqua & Daisy. Check the wiki if you want to know more.

Incest is not allowed on pateron. Before the hammer came down on this game the people you lived with was your family. Debbie was your mom, Jenny was your sister and Diane was your aunt. To stay on pateron and not lose his cash flow the dev turned them into your "housemates and close friends".

This was changed happened months ago and fans didn't like the change. Thus the incest patch is a fan made patch to reverse those changes.

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
I dropped this game at a point
Is it advisable to continue?
It's a me thing I know but never understood coming onto a forum full of strangers and asking "Is this worth it"?
From your family/best friend ...yes (maybe) " dude you need to see/play/listen to this"

"Is this worth playing"?
Don't know? Do you like underwater basket weaving whilst drunk and wearing a tu-tu...?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Finding fetish that would shock these degenerates might be a challenge, however, so maybe that's not saying much.
F95 most degenerate fetish: paying for a free game while waiting for quest updates on characters that the Author announced at least 6 years ago.

Incest is not allowed on pateron. Before the hammer came down on this game the people you lived with was your family. Debbie was your mom, Jenny was your sister and Diane was your aunt. To stay on pateron and not lose his cash flow the dev turned them into your "housemates and close friends".

This was changed happened months ago and fans didn't like the change. Thus the incest patch is a fan made patch to reverse those changes.
I think it happened in 2017. Back in the days, the Dude (the Author) used to claim that he was going to remove the censorship and restore the original after the game's completion ( = never ).

:ROFLMAO:

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
I think it happened in 2017. Back in the days, the Dude (the Author) used to claim that he was going to remove the censorship and restore the original after the game's completion ( = never ).

:ROFLMAO:
It will happen, have faith.
Expect it around 3 years from now when v20.18 releases.

Reactions: Gandalf78

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
I dropped this game at a point
Is it advisable to continue?
No. So far there is no major update for years. AFAIK the next 'update' will be another tech one. I don't think there will be a major content update in this year either. I too did not play this game since early 2019. I don't like the game's main plot and I don't think it concluded well. Just my opinion though.

Username7

May 1, 2017
So here are the only two things of interest over the last week from Discord. I think going forward I'm just going to try to do a weekly post of anything of interest from Discord or the streams. You know a thing they could easily do on one of their many social media outlets that aren't Discord messages that get buried in ten minutes but that'd be silly it's so much more efficient for people who want info to just watch every stream and stalk the dev team.
Discordsploosh1.png
Discordvole1.png

Destro2003

Aug 11, 2022
It's a me thing I know but never understood coming onto a forum full of strangers and asking "Is this worth it"?
From your family/best friend ...yes (maybe) " dude you need to see/play/listen to this"

"Is this worth playing"?
Don't know? Do you like underwater basket weaving whilst drunk and wearing a tu-tu...?
Isn't that why it's a forum?

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
So here are the only two things of interest over the last week from Discord. I think going forward I'm just going to try to do a weekly post of anything of interest from Discord or the streams. You know a thing they could easily do on one of their many social media outlets that aren't Discord messages that get buried in ten minutes but that'd be silly it's so much more efficient for people who want info to just watch every stream and stalk the dev team.
View attachment 2646853
View attachment 2646857
Thanks, and yeah their communication is absolutely terrible.

Reactions: poopfartshitcum

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
View attachment 2646853
View attachment 2646857

Not everyone can be the Final Fantasy XIV team I suppose.

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
Isn't that why it's a forum?
Completely understand the asking questions and all for discussion(s)...just kinda funny asking strangers if its worth it to you to play it or are you gonna like it.
Kinda the reason behind the Don't know? Do you like underwater basket weaving whilst drunk and wearing a tu-tu...? comment.
Since F95zone doesn't provide a resume form with the fetishes listed and boxes to check ..we don't know what you like/don't like.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes