Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Darkcookie is sick and not streaming?
Again?
In summer?:HideThePain:
Can happen if the weather is all over the place and the temperatures fluctuate wildly. Alternatively he ate something bad that made him sick.

On a different note, it's been quite a while, but why was Eve peeking into the guy's shower again?

sucklepuck

May 3, 2019
On a different note, it's been quite a while, but why was Eve peeking into the guy's shower again?
Eve pranked Roxxy and her friends as revenge for picking on her for having little titties and dyed hair in the locker room. I think she put green hair dye in their shampoo or something.

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
Roughly 90% of Mia's story has been posed (across all characters involved).
I hope the art for her route has been redone too. Ditto for Mrs. Johnson's route. It'd just be weird looking for these routes to have the old art when everything else, down to the character sprites and backgrounds, has been redone.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
why has Anna´s name been changed to Abby?
Why is it a big deal? Unless you thought that DC meant they changed Annie's name to Abby. Anna is a different character. And whether or not you might have been confused - it would be my hypothesis Anna's name was changed to reduce possible confusion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Arees16H

Aug 10, 2021
This is from the last post on patreon "Posed the Awesomo quest with the new art for Abby (formerly Anna)". Thats where my doubt comes from

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
Why is it a big deal? Unless you thought that DC meant they changed Annie's name to Abby. Anna is a different character. And whether or not you might have been confused - it would be my hypothesis Anna's name was changed to reduce possible confusion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was just about to ask. But this is make sense. Thank you.

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
i just wished that they put the Story into One Character Focused Storyline then goes to other characters. i hope they actually did it this time with these Reworks or Tech Update.

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
i just wished that they put the Story into One Character Focused Storyline then goes to other characters. i hope they actually did it this time with these Reworks or Tech Update.
Nah, i think it's still free roaming. You can go with all of them simultaneously. With some easter egg here, and there of course. Like you can see Harold have a steamy blowjob from Yumi, when you hanging out in park in Eve route, if you encourage Harold and Helen divorce beforehand.

Shiro187

Jun 20, 2017
It is not a surprise that we see this pattern of cycle,
1. A new fancy game developer appears and does a good job in game quality and performance of progress
2. They get a lot of supporters and get famous and reputation in the area
3. The game becomes bigger and the team invests money in the wrong places like higher resolution, re-touching what they already created and hesitating to create new one.
4. The progress gets slower or even stopped. Peoples complains. Team excuses.
5. Eventually the team loses the reason why they were successful, why the peoples liked their game
6. Attention lost and peoples leave. They find new game which can fulfill their needs.
7. Repeat from #1

I see this game is somewhere between #4 and #5
I do hope this isn't the case. Unlike a game like Cloud Meadows, which i think very much fits this model, I still have some hope left that this godforsaken tech update will end and the game will actually be completed, and development will be brought to a close.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I hope the art for her route has been redone too. Ditto for Mrs. Johnson's route. It'd just be weird looking for these routes to have the old art when everything else, down to the character sprites and backgrounds, has been redone.
Not gonna happen. The only quest that has a chance for having its scenes redone in the tech-update is Debbie because she's a fan favorite, is next in line for a remake and needs the remake the most, but even that's extremely wishful thinking and likely won't happen in the tech-update as well.

• Sad
Reactions: thedoomerjo

nerowaiss

Jun 2, 2020
2023-06-30 02:10:10
Monthly status updates:
To better help fans understand the ongoing development, monthly status updates are being posted here on Patreon (at the end of each month) with a listed summary of all the work that's been done for each department. It won't list every single small change, but at the very least show the broad strokes of what's currently being done. This will paint a clearer picture of the development progress and perhaps get a feeling of how close we are getting to a release each month. Hopefully this will make some of you feel at ease with some of the questions you've had.
That being said, here's the first status update for this past month!
Art:
  • Continued assisting the Code/Posing devs with optimizing art and fixing inconsistencies. Such as unused art assets , missing shadows, missing character button variants and so on.
  • Inventory item icons have been improved and scaled up for high res.
  • Item closeups fixes and improvements.
  • Lucy character art has been improved to better match naked body silhouette and anatomy.
  • New improved introduction sequence for Jenny on day one with dynamic shot.
  • Reworked Debbie showering spying scene to match her update character design as well as many more frames.
  • Jenny cutscenes (4) have been converted to dynamic shots to better match the flow of dialogue.
  • Converted some old Anon assets holding Awesomo into the rig.
  • Multiple assets renames to function with new codebase.
  • Large rework of old character button art across the game (mainly home and school).
  • Rework of various location "crowds/unelectable characters" that were overly blurred compared to new location background art. Quality is now on par.
  • Intro cutscene improvement on frame where the player is listening into the kitchen conversation.
  • Added 3 new movies to watch at the cinema (3 frame sequences each).
  • Working with animators on a potential rework of the x-ray feature across all scenes in the game.
  • Daily live streams for art are still active (week days) starting around 2:00PM Eastern Time (ET) where you can watch me work and ask questions.
Code:
  • Rebuilt the in-game computers (belonging to Anon and Jenny) in widescreen.
  • Reorganised, split, and edited PSDs pertaining to computers.
  • Wired in one-time remarks from Anon while browsing the computers.
  • Created various equivalent vector assets for use with the computers.
  • Ensured computers will be translatable and text-to-speech friendly.
  • Updated the fibre-tip pen effect used in Jenny's diary.
  • Reimagined a text tag for underlining typos (used in Jenny's laptop).
  • Added a text tag for custom emojis.
  • Upgraded Ren'Py to 8.1.1, and updated the CI pipeline to handle Android key changes.
  • Revisited asset scaling and made it transparent to most other code.
  • Expanded the asset pipeline to handle pixel art, video, and vector assets.
  • Added information to help Ren'Py optimise certain game areas for performance.
  • Improved a situation where mobile users would be unable to hide the keyboard.
  • Eliminated a class of save issues related to showing dialogue over screens.
  • Resolved an issue where scrolling would cease to work in the phone UI.
  • Fixed various logic issues in the first half of Jenny's route.
  • Started work on the latter half of Jenny's route, which remains in progress.
Posing:
  • Fixed asset names and logic state tests previously bypassed from the middle and end of Diane's route.
  • Posed Debbie's new intro art in the tutorial.
  • Posed the Awesomo quest with the new art for Abby (formerly Anna).
  • Added staging and posing of the phone calls to Josie during Debbie's car breakdown.
  • Added files and wiring framework for the currently available Jenny quest logic.
  • Fixed art name changes for Debbie's morning visit to Anon's room.
  • Added files and wiring framework for remaining Debbie quest posing.
  • Ongoing work on Debbie lewd scenes and repeatables.
  • Roughly 90% of Mia's story has been posed (across all characters involved).
  • Roughly 60% of Jenny's story has been posed (across all characters involved).
  • Improved Roxxy 4some scene variations.
  • Reposed Cedric's Button and all dialogue linked to it.
  • Fixed a few outstanding issues with Eve's posing.
Writing:
  • Currently assisting Code with re-wiring story flow (mainly Jenny).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couldn't stream the past few days due to getting sick but will try and get back on starting Monday!
Keep you posted!
-DC
Files
1688182220269.png

Bruhh......

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Man no wonder it's taking so long he's not just making every scene widescreen but he's changing a bunch of detail in every single one of them too.
Exactly. So, at this point they're not "Tech Update"-ing the game. They completely remake it. It's going to be a whole new game. And it's going to be freakin' awesome.

Good heavens. I'm starting to think that Summertime Saga isn't a game, but a sort of weird cult and DarkCookie is its high priest.

Can't wait for when this DarkCookie Dude is going to reveal us that once upon a time the Earth used to be flat, but it is round now because he has been redrawing it during his streams all these years.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes