Dec 11, 2018
You do realize this is a VN with some minigames here and there right?
This is a dating sim.
Common features in dating sims: Resource/time management. Improving stats. A choice of girls to date, can't usually date all at once.
The two genres aren't dissimilar of course, and VNs sometimes have dating sim elements.
But overall, VNs are a lot more streamlined and have less player agency. Therefore, they are easier to make.

Rakssu

Jun 14, 2018
Ahhh see I think you are mistaken, the tech update is just the tech update and rework from what I get. I havent read anywhere that new content for girls will be added as of that major update, only new places, 7 new character's, but thats about it, after that you might have to wait for how ever long for the content update. I can be totally wrong about the update part but from what ive read thats about it
what? Im aware of that, idk what or where you got it wrong. thats what I specify devs and not dc. devs are the ones making the tech update and its taking them an absurdly amount of time. in the meantime dc is working on the art, which would be like two years by now, so he must have done art for the next 10 updates or whatever giving that long wait for the "just tech update".

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
What is the secret of the game? Why is it so popular?
Some cute and smooth artstyle. There WAS cozy and carefree atmosphere in plot and characters ministories. Until DC decided, that he desperately need to f*uck it with drama and such. But to be honest, most of the coziness is still intact. But BE NOT AFRAID! After cutting his whatever it was inside him his mentlity changed, so he could as well, wreck the whole plot in time.
which would be like two years by now
Which would be never from now. He started scenes redraw thing. If you don't understand what does it mean after all these years, I'll give you some hints.
Three years ago the game was lacking about a third of main plot, which was almost ready in text. And some characters questlines. But after all this time there is no major progress.
Instead old frame animation he started that deforming types. It is faster ideed, and far more ugly. But for some strange reasons with quality decreased quantity has too. What is with this familiar feeling?
Instead 0.XX versions new system was introduced - 0.20.XX versions. Looks quite familiar, no?
Then he started to redraw scenes. Familiar feeling intensifies!
And all this time he streams on a regular basis and draws something. Something we never saw in updates. Familiar feeling has reached its peak and formed one simple word - MILKING.
So in the next few years I expect:
After incredibly difficult process of developing a super-duper-mega-tech-update-that-definitely-changes-everything there will be SUDDEN revelation - project became more complex, so its harder to manage and update now. That means - more crewmember needed! But for a poor indi dev its hard to pay a good sum for professional and it is very hard to find a team, that would work for a cup of tea, so - more time to update.
An then there will be another SUDDEN revelation - tech update changed the progect so much that previous 100500 illustrations and over9000 totally completed new characters and stories can't be added - they have to be updated too. What a pity, there was so much content ready to be added to the project.
But be not afraid, the team is more than ready to mil... to work on that. Just a little more waiting, just a little more.
And at the same time - more streams with drawing something we'll DEFINITELY see in the future and adding dozens of v.20.XX.YYY.ZZ "you cant see it, but it is definitely important changes" kind of updates.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Instead 0.XX versions new system was introduced - 0.20.XX versions. Looks quite familiar, no?
I don't think you understand how works.
1687898679514.png
Also, your observation is wrong. Summertime Saga has always followed the above versioning.
Feel free to refresh yourself by looking or below from my FAQ:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you're going to whinge, at least make sure you know what you're whinging about.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I never thought this developer would do that. I've never supported it before and thought there were technical fixes, but it adds little new content regularly. My friends always praised the game and said it was the most popular game on patreon. And he is still at the top according to the statistics. What is the secret of the game? Why is it so popular? (Just started playing!)
I think one aspect is how old it is. It was the first AVN I discovered (from a PH walkthrough), definitely and early one for the hand drawn style.

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
I do not remember. But the last update I played was with the pizza woman. There were no scenes for jenny or landlady
Judith update is still maybe 2 years away(maybe 3), Jenny and ladlady are complete for now with a lot of scenes(especially Jenny )

Last edited:
Reactions: bebo92

bebo92

Oct 12, 2019
Judith update is still maybe 2 years away(maybe 3), Jenny and ladlady are complete for now with a lot of scenes(especially Jenny )
Did they get more scenes after the pizza lady update? It would be great because I'm not interested in the rest of the girls at school, maybe Roxy, I just know she's his girlfriend now.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
I don't think it's that DC is incompetent, it's just that he doesn't care enough about finishing the game to crack the whip and micromanage his team (i.e. improve productivity), something he's never liked doing. From his POV, why should he rush? He used to contract as a supervisor in video game animation AFAIK, and whenever he talked about it he gave the impression he hated everything about it. Then a goofy side project he worked on blows up and sets him/his family up for life, a "job" where he can just draw assets, set a general development strategy then delegate the rest to a team. He's even had multiple kids since the game started making a load of money. I get the feeling he doesn't view it as a job he needs to get 100% productivity out of to hit milestones/goals, he views it as early retirement and a merciful escape from management/crunch hell working a wagie job.
you should probably set your expectations accordingly

Reactions: PatreonTed
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes