Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Looking at the progress bars, I don't think it will be too much longer, my best guess is late September, only 20 posing updates left, and then some 40% of coding which in all honesty should not take that long. I do feel for the Pateron supporters though.
They did all the "easier" tasks first... the ones that remain appear to be the more difficult, time suckers. See the copy of the progress bar updates from my FAQ, that I have tracked 88 times since February 2022.

Wait, did you mean late September 2024? Then, you may be closer with that estimation.

Progress Bar Updates (yes, number of tasks change)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Looking at the progress bars, I don't think it will be too much longer, my best guess is late September, only 20 posing updates left, and then some 40% of coding which in all honesty should not take that long. I do feel for the Pateron supporters though.
The problem is that each posing task is an entire character story or route, which historically took up several weeks at best during a normal update cycle. DC isn't helping matters by continually adding new artwork and fluff to the Jenga tower of work to be done, either. Like the several movie theater scenes he was working on a couple weeks ago, or the background/cutscene art, or apparently every single static character pose that was made prior to 2021.

The whole messy tech update is the culmination of DC's continual dissatisfaction with his earlier work and penchant for redoing shit that was fine in the first place. Without anyone to reign him in he'll keep tinkering and tinkering until it's absolutely perfect, and anyone who knows that kind of artist knows that it'll never be perfect enough.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Like the several movie theater scenes he was working on a couple weeks ago
why is he even doing this stuff? complete waste of time just like when he worked on the lighthouse interior for weeks. if he hired 5 more artists he could tell them to do stuff like this but as long as he is the sole artist he should focus on the stuff that people actually play the game for. he could have finished the art for the ronda, annie and judith updates a long while ago. just draw additional h-scenes if those are finished.

sucks that there is nobody to reign him in, his patreons appearently are still okay with it though.

Vanderdanden

Jan 28, 2018
They did all the "easier" tasks first... the ones that remain appear to be the more difficult, time suckers. See the copy of the progress bar updates from my FAQ, that I have tracked 88 times since February 2022.

Wait, did you mean late September 2024? Then, you may be closer with that estimation.

2021 - 60% (Let's get to work!)
2022 - 16% (Work, again?!)
2023 - 3% (What job are you talking about, better pass me the beer!)

This dynamic inspires...
It seems that in 2023 the developers are completely fat and lazy.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
The problem is that each posing task is an entire character story or route, which historically took up several weeks at best during a normal update cycle. DC isn't helping matters by continually adding new artwork and fluff to the Jenga tower of work to be done, either. Like the several movie theater scenes he was working on a couple weeks ago, or the background/cutscene art, or apparently every single static character pose that was made prior to 2021.

The whole messy tech update is the culmination of DC's continual dissatisfaction with his earlier work and penchant for redoing shit that was fine in the first place. Without anyone to reign him in he'll keep tinkering and tinkering until it's absolutely perfect, and anyone who knows that kind of artist knows that it'll never be perfect enough.
Eh, I'm glad some of the old art gets remade to be honest. It looks better and will be more consistent with the rest of the game, even though I personally don't like some of the design changes, it's worth it overall. Whether its a good choice to tack all that onto an already messy tech-update is another story.

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
Eh, I'm glad some of the old art gets remade to be honest. It looks better and will be more consistent with the rest of the game, even though I personally don't like some of the design changes, it's worth it overall. Whether its a good choice to tack all that onto an already messy tech-update is another story.
What design changes do you not like? I'm curious because I have ones that I don't like as well. I HATE HATE HATE the new Jane artwork. I thought she was hot before and now I think she looks strung out. Not sure I dig the new Mia either and I prefer the old Eve to the new Eve. What are the changes you don't like?

Reactions: tankdick

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Let's be fair, until now he basically hasn't touched any content that that was actually created post 0.17. Most of the things he is changing now were made in the early 0.10s and they kinda deserve some attention. The school, for example, is one of the most used places in the game, yet it featured some of the the worst/simplest background art.

It has been clear for years that a lot of content that was created before 0.17 and especially before 0.15 would have to be reworked (heavily) and he's basically just doing that.

I'm not saying one has to agree, but it's not like it's really that unexpected.

Last edited:

deathsurfer

Sep 2, 2018

The needle moved I guess
now its showing 82 percent.
So optimistically speaking we are seeing a late 2026 update here

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
This guy is really making this game all over again, it would be better to just complete the game, start a new project with all the intended tech update and improved resolution, I am sure the players want to see new storyline and characters.
I agree on this one.
He(DC) could have Made another Game with Another Story and a Main Character instead of Cramming them into SSaga.

JupitersSon

Mar 9, 2020
I agree on this one.
He(DC) could have Made another Game with Another Story and a Main Character instead of Cramming them into SSaga.
This has exactly been my thinking as well. He didn't need to "remake" Summertime Saga. Just complete the game, declare it as done and move on. Use your new tech for a new game with new characters. Maybe in the future you can go back and remake SS.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
What design changes do you not like? I'm curious because I have ones that I don't like as well. I HATE HATE HATE the new Jane artwork. I thought she was hot before and now I think she looks strung out. Not sure I dig the new Mia either and I prefer the old Eve to the new Eve. What are the changes you don't like?
The only character change I specifically dislike is Debbie. She used to look way better before her reworked art, maybe there's some other design changes that I'm not aware of or I forgot which I don't like though. But overall its definitely a good thing that the art gets redone imo.

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
Damn why they keep remake the character and the game system?Waste a lot of time to make these useless thing.If you want to remake just make another new game
Because apparently that's what their Patrons wants. (According to the Patron poll, obviously).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Here, I'll help folks get over mental obstacles -- consider Summertime Saga completed (unofficially).

Now that is settled - get ready for an exciting announcement!

For those wondering what DC is up to since Summertime Saga is completed (unofficially) -- his team is reworking the code and display ratio for greater mobile device compatibility, as well as to best utilize monitor space on desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones!

Isn't that fabulous? Just when you thought it was the end of the MC's story and his adventures with the many fair maidens and milfs of his college town, DC is taking us back to where it all began -- but bigger and better!

He's even creating new locations and remaking some of the art of the characters. After the reworked version is released, the team will be working on free DLC that will add more storylines and content for R(h)onda, Annie, and Judith - to start - with more to come!

While DC and his team finish up the rework - enjoy playing the completed (unofficially) game by downloading it for free from the developer's website and like/follow/watch for monthly status reports of the rework on your favorite social media/gaming website.

There, does that help?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Here, I'll help folks get over mental obstacles -- consider Summertime Saga completed (unofficially).

Now that is settled - get ready for an exciting announcement!

For those wondering what DC is up to since Summertime Saga is completed (unofficially) -- his team is reworking the code and display ratio for greater mobile device compatibility, as well as to best utilize monitor space on desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones!

Isn't that fabulous? Just when you thought it was the end of the MC's story and his adventures with the many fair maidens and milfs of his college town, DC is taking us back to where it all began -- but bigger and better!

He's even creating new locations and remaking some of the art of the characters. After the reworked version is released, the team will be working on free DLC that will add more storylines and content for R(h)onda, Annie, and Judith - to start - with more to come!

While DC and his team finish up the rework - enjoy playing the completed (unofficially) game by downloading it for free from the developer's website and like/follow/watch for monthly status reports of the rework on your favorite social media/gaming website.

There, does that help?
I chuckled

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

Gongoru

Oct 20, 2018
Why not put the game on hold or put an abandon tag on it. Like common it's been 2 years already, and we're stuck in this pre-tech update shit.
Sadly, but DC stream is alive and it supposedly gives the right to moderators not to put such AB-plate.
But it is more depressing that we do not get the game itself

Reactions: omarmonir
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes