Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Almost a year of waiting, I hope there will be some news soon
News, 5 days ago: #71,272
Are there endings yet? Don't remember the last time I played.
What do you mean by endings? There are 3 end goals in Summertime Saga: Learn the truth about father's death (finished), earn enough money to pay the bills (grind it and you got it), take a date to the dance (still in development).

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Here, I'll help folks get over mental obstacles -- consider Summertime Saga completed (unofficially).

Now that is settled - get ready for an exciting announcement!

For those wondering what DC is up to since Summertime Saga is completed (unofficially) -- his team is reworking the code and display ratio for greater mobile device compatibility, as well as to best utilize monitor space on desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones!

Isn't that fabulous? Just when you thought it was the end of the MC's story and his adventures with the many fair maidens and milfs of his college town, DC is taking us back to where it all began -- but bigger and better!

He's even creating new locations and remaking some of the art of the characters. After the reworked version is released, the team will be working on free DLC that will add more storylines and content for R(h)onda, Annie, and Judith - to start - with more to come!

While DC and his team finish up the rework - enjoy playing the completed (unofficially) game by downloading it for free from the developer's website and like/follow/watch for monthly status reports of the rework on your favorite social media/gaming website.

There, does that help?
I know this is tongue in cheek, but this is still bullshit. I don't understand how you can consider a game completed because the main story is done, that's not at all a threshold for completion, especially considering the game has many unfinished parts, many of which have been part of the game's roadmap for a long time such as dating, the prom, certain fetishes, and character stories that haven't been developed. Calling it free DLC as if it's additional post-game content is wrong.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I know this is tongue in cheek, but this is still bullshit. I don't understand how you can consider a game completed because the main story is done, that's not at all a threshold for completion, especially considering the game has many unfinished parts, many of which have been part of the game's roadmap for a long time such as dating, the prom, certain fetishes, and character stories that haven't been developed. Calling it free DLC as if it's additional post-game content is wrong.
It is tongue in cheek, but you got offended with something that was meant in jest - but with a bit of a serious point to make. People had been complaining that DC should just finish this game and start a new one if he wants to rework things ... this was in response to that -- to consider changing their mindset toward the game. Which, I have noticed over the past 6 months, I have seen your mindset slightly change about certain things - or at least publicly showing acceptance of certain aspects of this and pushing back against the trolls. I find myself agreeing with you a lot more often the past several months than I did last year.

My post goes back to my usual contention that people need to stop thinking of games with "beginnings" and "endings" but more like anthologies and sequels and long-running television series. The game will have an ending when the developer decides they are done with the creation. Meanwhile things will take time, there will be additional content added, and when necessary, backend work in coding/visuals/etc will need to be done.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
It is tongue in cheek, but you got offended with something that was meant in jest - but with a bit of a serious point to make. People had been complaining that DC should just finish this game and start a new one if he wants to rework things ... this was in response to that -- to consider changing their mindset toward the game. Which, I have noticed over the past 6 months, I have seen your mindset slightly change about certain things - or at least publicly showing acceptance of certain aspects of this and pushing back against the trolls. I find myself agreeing with you a lot more often the past several months than I did last year.

My post goes back to my usual contention that people need to stop thinking of games with "beginnings" and "endings" but more like anthologies and sequels and long-running television series. The game will have an ending when the developer decides they are done with the creation. Meanwhile things will take time, there will be additional content added, and when necessary, backend work in coding/visuals/etc will need to be done.
Like you said yourself it was made in jest but did have an underlying point in it to sway people's mindsets. I wasn't offended, I just called bullshit on something I very much disagree with. I don't see how a game can be considered completed when a lot of features in the game haven't even been developed, features that have been part of the roadmap since the beginning or for a very long time at least.

When the dating, prom and girls + Kevin's quests are developed, then you can call it completed because that's what the game set out to do, anything after that is additional content, which is completely fine since it's an open-ended sandbox game after all. I don't disagree with you that people should have a different mindset towards this game, but I would not call it completed when there's features and core quests missing.

I would be lying if my own mindset hasn't changed a bit, but I'm generally still consistent with my opinions back then. I never called DC a scammer or milker, but I found the website to be a bit misleading, and the lack of communication or any professionalism whatsoever downright disrespectful to the patrons who are making it possible for DC to do whatever the fuck he wants for a generous amount of money. I never wanted him to change his ways tho, just be clear about how you don't give a fuck and just want to draw like you claim so that people can manage their expectations better when donating money, many people donate with the thought that it will help DC in developing SS but we've already hit that ceiling years ago, yet on the site and Patron he's still e-begging for money while he's doodling away on stream with ~20k in the bank every month.

I'm just not vocal and salty about it because I don't really give a damn nowadays, that's why I'm not playing the devil's advocate for milkers anymore, and I've sometimes called them out because they've been increasingly active in this thread and lack any logic whatsoever.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
For those of us who have felt like SS was 'completed' sometime in 2019, this announcement feels sort of anticlimactic.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
You say that like other games haven't pulled that one in the past. Milky Touch immediately comes to mind, which was ultimately rushed to the end with only 2 real routes out of who knows how many, and still a pot of unfinished stuff in it, but still has a Complete slapped on it.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
You say that like other games haven't pulled that one in the past. Milky Touch immediately comes to mind, which was ultimately rushed to the end with only 2 real routes out of who knows how many, and still a pot of unfinished stuff in it, but still has a Complete slapped on it.
And?

Jun 10, 2022
Unofficially complete and no Annie Romance or Naughty Scene? Super Sad, not even Mrs. Smith naughty scenes.

Or what they do at night inside that room at school. They both need more content
this, the hall monitor clearly has like a spanking/dominance fetish, also the principal's house was a fucking sex dungeon lol.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
ZeroxAlpha and zbamf91 --

You know my post was in jest, right? I mean, I hold no position on the development team. I used superlatives and sardonic phrasing to elucidate. In other words, it was meant for people to get over themselves and to consider looking at the development in another perspective.

Do you believe everything typed on the internet?

ZeroxAlpha

Jun 8, 2018
ZeroxAlpha and zbamf91 --

You know my post was in jest, right? I mean, I hold no position on the development team. I used superlatives and sardonic phrasing to elucidate. In other words, it was meant for people to get over themselves and to consider looking at the development in another perspective.

Do you believe everything typed on the internet?

Pray, good sir or madam, dost thou taketh me for a fool? Methinks thy words, cloaked in jest, doth ill befit thy guise. Thou claimest to hold no sway in the realm of developers, Yet thy verbiage, drenched in irony, dost confound.

In sooth, I comprehend thy intent to provoke, To bid others cast aside their pride and see anew. Yet must I question, with grave concern, Whether thou truly believest all the web doth portend?

Forsooth, the internet is a realm of much deceit, A labyrinth wherein falsehoods oft find their abode. Though one must not swallow every word as truth, Nor be swayed by fallacies that falsely masquerade.

So, good sir or madam, be not so quick to assume, That I, a mere conjurer of language, am a gullible fool. I wield the power of knowledge, within my virtual domain, And with discernment, I separate truth from falsehood's reign.

But to be clear, I just want more Annie content. Jeez, can't even make a show of desire without someone being pissy.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes