Gedeon5

Nov 26, 2019
There may never be a completed tag - even should all three goals be coded. The developer has stated several times that they will keep going as along as they have ideas and fans want more because there is "a lot of content left to make and the game is very open ended."
Translation: As long as morons keep giving them money for no work at all, this is clearly half-abandoned, at this point they will do the bare minimum to keep the free money coming.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Translation: As long as morons keep giving them money for no work at all, this is clearly half-abandoned, at this point they will do the bare minimum to keep the free money coming.
And because of those "morons" you and I have something to play for free directly from the developer. So, remember to thank a "moron" today instead of insulting them because without them, we'd all still be playing v0.13 at best.

FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
Using the search box at the top right of the thread to look for harem in the thread - these posts stand out:
Already, a few women in the game know that the MC is having sex with others. So there's some harem aspects. However, the three goals in the game are:
  1. Discover what happened to MC's dad (complete)
  2. Earn money (essentially complete, even if not officially so)
  3. Pick one person for a prom date (part of the reason the tech update is going on - adding a UI for sim-dating features - IIRC)
That doesn't appear to be harem ending goals.
Bah, just one for prom? Guess I'll be checking out every single route individually then. Otherwise at this point half the school will be showing up to prom with MC's babies.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Bah, just one for prom? Guess I'll be checking out every single route individually then. Otherwise at this point half the school will be showing up to prom with MC's babies.
Good luck with that. Off the top of my head I already counted a dozen, and I know that's still a severe underestimation.

FGM01

Jun 27, 2023
Good luck with that. Off the top of my head I already counted a dozen, and I know that's still a severe underestimation.
The cutoff will presumably be implemented after our current waiting period, so with a few extra saves going forward I really don't think it'll be a big effort.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
And you would be without a job.
Ha! Like you're that important to have the need for a developer to pay anyone to talk with you. It's funny how facts and honesty are seen as being a paid shill. I have criticized the developer for his shoddy project management practices and other topics - but ya'all just overlook that, right? But anyone says anything which debunks the bullshit of crybabies on this site, and it's "they're on the dole."
So are both the iPatches out of date?
Both of them are the same file with different names and have been good since v0.20.5 because the characters affected have had nothing changed since then.
The cutoff will presumably be implemented after our current waiting period, so with a few extra saves going forward I really don't think it'll be a big effort.
I would assume that the only time it will matter is just before the final decision to make the big ask for the dance. Up until then players can have the MC romance everyone available to, and eventually get everyone with ovaries pregnant as many times as they want.

Vexstear

Jan 7, 2019
Ha! Like you're that important to have the need for a developer to pay anyone to talk with you. It's funny how facts and honesty are seen as being a paid shill. I have criticized the developer for his shoddy project management practices and other topics - but ya'all just overlook that, right? But anyone says anything which debunks the bullshit of crybabies on this site, and it's "they're on the dole."
Man, I really didn't want to join into the drama and I genuinely appreciate the great amount of info you provided to this shitty community. Although, with that said, it DOES look like you were hired to keep answering to people here at many moments.
I still don't want to accuse you of anything, but, as someone that used to love instigating dumb youtube arguments, posting "THIS IS ANIMAL ABUSE" on cute cat videos just for the sake of baiting idiots, I have to ask this: Do you even find enjoying sacrificing your time and efforts for the pricks around here? It just doesn't seem worth it. That's what raises that suspicion. You're always polite even when defending yourself from others and that doesn't seem like an enjoyable activity at all.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Man, I really didn't want to join into the drama and I genuinely appreciate the great amount of info you provided to this shitty community. Although, with that said, it DOES look like you were hired to keep answering to people here at many moments.
I still don't want to accuse you of anything, but, as someone that used to love instigating dumb youtube arguments, posting "THIS IS ANIMAL ABUSE" on cute cat videos just for the sake of baiting idiots, I have to ask this: Do you even find enjoying sacrificing your time and efforts for the pricks around here? It just doesn't seem worth it. That's what raises that suspicion. You're always polite even when defending yourself from others and that doesn't seem like an enjoyable activity at all.
Ignorance and Ignobility shouldn't go unanswered. When it is left unanswered, it lends it credence and it grows. While responding to every instance would be impossible - replying enough hopefully gives others the ability to see those posts for what they are, entitlement and attention seeking.

1692064450489.png

I can see, if people aren't aware of all my posts, how there can be confusion of my alliances. However, there's a good number of regulars who know better. In all honesty, I get more entertainment out of these threads than most of the VNs and games found on this site.

Vexstear

Jan 7, 2019
Ignorance and Ignobility shouldn't go unanswered. When it is left unanswered, it lends it credence and it grows. While responding to every instance would be impossible - replying enough hopefully gives others the ability to see those posts for what they are, entitlement and attention seeking.

View attachment 2852011

I can see, if people aren't aware of all my posts, how there can be confusion of my alliances. However, there's a good number of regulars who know better. In all honesty, I get more entertainment out of these threads than most of the VNs and games found on this site.
Well, as long as it's being entertaining, I guess. Either way, I appreciate the info you help organize here.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Im not a coder but does it really take this long to code a renpy game?
I'm not either, so I'll have a coder give you their insight:
Panduh said:
If DC was really concerned about that he would have made the game in chapters or seasons. That way you dont need to worry about content made 4 years ago messing with more recent stuff. causing bugs. Would fix the need for as you say testing. Regardless of the fact I know any programing. It is common sense that 80/20 is an excuse. Plenty of games have multiple chapters. The game would be finished by now if they had done that.
As a modder of the game, I've looked at almost every line of code in Summertime Saga. There are 1,630 code files, by the way.

I haven't the foggiest clue how your idea would work. Releasing updates in chapters or seasons is no different from adding new scenes or new content any other way. There are 635 scripts in the characters directory, 695 in the locations directory, and 73 in the minigames directory. Those 1,403 files are "content". The other 227 files mostly contain functions that get called by the content scripts.

Adding new content is just adding a script to a new or existing file in characters or locations. Eventually, you want to be able to do something that the core files can't do for you. That will happen regardless of whether you release updates in chapters, seasons, or whatever. Eventually, the core files need a rewrite to be able to continue to add content, regardless of what you call your updates.

If using chapters or seasons somehow magically negated the need to ever work on the core files that underpin the content files, you would be within your rights to say that DC should have made the game in chapters or seasons, but he didn't. Unless you're offering him a time machine, how would that advice be any use to him now? Whatever he should have done that he didn't do, he didn't do it, so a rewrite is needed. That's what's going on. They should haven't built Mexico City on a dry lakebed, but they did. What good does pointing that out now accomplish? The time to avoid that mistake was centuries ago!

I've been programming for most of my life, and I go to industry conferences every year. If there was a way to predict your future needs so that you would never need an extensive code rewrite when your project gets 10x bigger than it was when it started, I'm sure someone would have mentioned it at the conference I was at last week. Instead, we talked about the fact that code rewrites now fail 70% of the time (the figure used to be 50%). Significant code rewrites are an inevitable part of a growing project. Every project manager knows that. You're not a programmer. The fact that you're not qualified to give programming advice is abundantly clear. Maybe find something else to wank to while you're waiting for the Tech Update? I don't know what fetish code shaming feeds, but the rest of us didn't come here to see you get off on ignorant code criticism.
ZZTuner said:
I reaffirm my words when I say that the development of the game is dragging.
When I talk about "backgrounds", I refer to what we will have in the game, since until proven otherwise this update only brings additional locations

You show me a progress bar that hasn't moved in months. If we go in your way, we can deduce a lot of things. I'm not whining, I'm just pointing out the slowness of the development.
If that's what you've heard, no wonder you're so upset! Actually, it makes the game 16:9. That required redrawing almost every background, and reposing every scene in the game. If they had limited themselves to that, it would have been a big project. Unfortunately, they're also using the occasion to replace all of the old, non-layered images, and all of the old-style code with the new-style code. Adding a crapload of additional locations that no one asked for at the same time was downright foolhardy. This is an extremely ambitious update that should have been broken into separate code update, aspect ratio change, and new location updates. This is a prime example of Hofstadter's law, which states, "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law." You think it's going to take months, and then it takes years. That's why you shouldn't try do to this much in a single update. But they did, and there's nothing we can do about it. But MAN is it going to be a huge update. Those of us who mod the game are going to be busy for a VERY long time after it comes out.

Reactions: Omniel

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Hes cool for answering to all the questions.
I would never do what he does throught,seems like a complete waste of time even if you "enjoy" it.
Darkcookie doenst deserves people white knighting him,better devs deserve it.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes