MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Here I'm only doing what was left because one I don't see the point of stuff that's done even after it's split up and rebalanced it's still done. Two that's about another 20 screenshots I'd have to take and I don't feel like doing that.
Edit: I'll be interested to see what this does to posing, I've been trying to track that based off dev statements as seen here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good Lord, how do they still have so much to do? They still have to re-wire:

- Every teacher other than Bissette
- Everyone in Eve's story
- Everyone in the main story
- Everyone in Mia's story
- Everyone in Erik's story
- Roxxy
- Diane

That's like 80% of the game's storylines. Have they really spent the entirety of the last year just to get Debbie and Jenny done? And they haven't even finished posing Debbie or Jenny! What was the "easy material" that they knocked out at the beginning? The interface? It's a fucking Ren'Py game!

I'm really hoping that I've read things wrong and things will be re-organized to show that something is at least done on those tasks, otherwise this game has easily another year in the oven.

Aug 24, 2020

- Roxxy
- Diane

That's like 80% of the game's storylines. Have they really spent the entirety of the last year just to get Debbie and Jenny done? And they haven't even finished posing Debbie or Jenny! What was the "easy material" that they knocked out at the beginning? The interface? It's a fucking Ren'Py game!

I'm really hoping that I've read things wrong and things will be re-organized to show that something is at least done on those tasks, otherwise this game has easily another year in the oven.
They are essentially remaking the game so expect 5-6 years of development including 1 to 2 years of milking. 2 years has passed so we have 4 more years to go.

DebbieLover69

Feb 23, 2022

- Roxxy
- Diane

At this point it really does seem like DC should actually give some kind of estimate of how much time it's gonna take, or at least a ball park. If all of those routes move at approximately the same speed as Jenny and Debbie's routes, we're looking at literally several years from now before this tech update is done.

If DC doesn't clarify whether or not this is the case, the speculation (and reputational damage to the game) is gonna be wild lmfao.

Username7

May 1, 2017

- Roxxy
- Diane

My understanding and I can't find the post that explained it but rewiring is rebuilding the route so it flows correctly one scene into the next, so they needed the routes to be reposed first. Jenny and Debbie started getting rewired in late May-early June. Posing task only get moved to done once everything is done whatever that means they've mentioned in several monthly updates that <Blank> is 100% reposed but the posing task isn't closed out or even moved into the in progress section yet, same with coding only Jenny moved to in progress before moving to done, Debbie, Bissette and Judith all just went from do to to done. I also know that Stray and Sploosh have said on stream that trying to fix the code has really slowed down a lot of the work because to quote Stray "Huge chunks of the game only work on accident" "That some patches have had three or so different coders try to fix the same bit of logic missing the fact that it'd already been fixed in the past." and that other chunks are almost unworkable because someone did everything as needlessly complicated as possible to show off just how smart they were.

Username7

May 1, 2017
Sounds like the code rework went swimmingly.
I apologize if how I worded that was confusing he was saying that in regards to how the current public version of the game is, the working on accident is what him and Sploosh are fixing that conversation came up when DC was teasing them over how tired they sounded on stream. They told him that they'd spent over 10 hours the night before trying to fix the code.

Reactions: ffive

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

TGafy

May 14, 2020
That sculpture is cursed. It will haunt me in my nightmares.
The first time I saw it was a scrolling glance really. Your post made me go back and actually look it over...
I now see a sentient alien goop attempting to consume someone. Realizing it's useless to fight, the victim remembers happier times hoping to make his/her end more peaceful. Thanks, Count...

GucciGang69

Dec 22, 2019
I think Eternum is also pretty unique. Not in how it's made, since Honey Select model games aren't exactly rare, but it's definitely the best of the best in that regard just because of what Caribdis managed to pull off with said Honey Select assets. I think its premise is one still not as often being done than, say, Summertime Saga.

Of course that's still not as unique than the games made with an entire different (and some would say proper) game engine.
you can also try
Aurelia [v0.31] [Mirthal]

, its a good game too

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
- "OH! Patreon sent us an award, let's unbox it to see what it looks like..."

1698920607646.png

- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! They beheaded an alien and send us the head!"

*DC was so scared he had an heart attack*
That's how Summertime Saga got cancelled, and why we will never see the end of the game :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Dude, relax. I'd also barely wake up in the morning for a laughable million bucks in a year. I'd maybe paint a stickman picture for that.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes