Lavance

May 5, 2022
Feel free to DM the name of three games where a large number of people pulling out their subscriptions have caused a developer to start releasing? People keep proposing this idea - but have never presented any viable proof. That's the true irony.
If you stop supporting a developer, they have no reason to continue developing. They have bills to pay... so they quit developing (or take even longer).

Leeching has rarely cured anything.

PS: Again, I've never paid any developer on here - nor received any payments from developers on here. I come here for the purpose of playing games without a paying a penny. That said - if developers can't pay their bills, they aren't going to continue or they are going to reduce their development time even more because they have to work other jobs to pay their bills That is simply common sense.
" If you stop supporting a developer, they have no reason to continue developing. They have bills to pay... so they quit developing " thats... not how it works but ok.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
To the creator/developer I have a few doubts to clear
1. Player and Erik went to school at night on a mission and saw few cloaked people, why that part still remains unsolved?
2. Does Odette is vampire or not?
3. Bride dress in attic at debbie's house still under development?
4. Is it possible to date two girls (Roxy, Eve) at a time without getting caught especially while kissing within school campus?
5. Still sister Angelica not getting punished at chruch?
6. Is it possible to fuck gf's sister (grace) and her gf(Odette) 1 room away while gf (eve) playing games in other room without getting caught?
7. Priya singh story line completed without finding out result?
8. Why no pregnancy route for Debbie, Roxy, Aqua?
9. No story lines for small characters like yumi, principle, Coach Bridget, sports girl, sara?
10. Who's Red at the game screenshot when will her story begins?
The developer has only posted in this thread about 12 times in 7 years. If you have actual questions for the development team, you should reach out on their official sites linked in the first post of this thread.
However, if you're asking fans that are in the thread what they think - there a couple who may be able to shed some light. Possible answers:
  1. Still under development - perhaps some of that will be answered in Anna's update, whenever that happens.
  2. No.
  3. It may never have a reason for being there.
  4. This isn't a question, it sounds like a scene request - so maybe, maybe not.
  5. No.
  6. This isn't a question, it sounds like a scene request - so maybe, maybe not.
  7. Wait and see
  8. Pregnancy routes for all love interests are still in development
  9. Eventually, perhaps.
  10. Who? Either way, eventually, perhaps.

Aug 4, 2023
" If you stop supporting a developer, they have no reason to continue developing. They have bills to pay... so they quit developing " thats... not how it works but ok.
I believe it depends of the developer, in this case this game is NOT the full time job of the developer so the most probably thing to happen if for some miracle all the patreons stop paying is that DC (the dev) will focus more in his priorities (his actual full time job, family, etc).

And being honest... This idea that all (or most) of the patreons agree and stop paying is very utopian, that will never happen. The only way for this game to stop receiving money is for DC to close Patreon (which we know is not going to happen either).

So unfortunately this is what it is, we can only complain or ignore the game completely... whatever makes us feel better (in my case it's complaining)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
in this case this game is NOT the full time job of the developer so the most probably thing to happen if for some miracle all the patreons stop paying is that DC (the dev) will focus more in his priorities (his actual full time job, family, etc).
Where did you get this idea? This game has been the full-time job for the developer for years - and he has also hired others to work full-time on the project, as well.

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I believe it depends of the developer, in this case this game is NOT the full time job of the developer so the most probably thing to happen if for some miracle all the patreons stop paying is that DC (the dev) will focus more in his priorities (his actual full time job, family, etc).

And being honest... This idea that all (or most) of the patreons agree and stop paying is very utopian, that will never happen. The only way for this game to stop receiving money is for DC to close Patreon (which we know is not going to happen either).

So unfortunately this is what it is, we can only complain or ignore the game completely... whatever makes us feel better (in my case it's complaining)
Oh, good grief.
So, you are bitching into the wind, but do you feel better? That's all that counts.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

GucciGang69

Dec 22, 2019
I think another major factor that often gets overlooked is simply the timing of when SS was released. It was one of the earlier Ren'py games out there and had the benefit of having not as many options.

If it was released more recently, say at the same time as a comparable game in style and development/release cycle tims, What a Legend, then it would probably be much closer in Patron numbers.
True same with all business. Its about luck and timing. I doubt any other low indie game can replicate the success that SS done. That guy life has already been set.

Joe33333

Feb 23, 2023
A question out of the subject which is better in playing ST or other games in general .. to play on PC or mobile ?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
He's literally making negative progress.
Which was actually announced and discussed in this thread, but let's pretend it wasn't.

How did you came to know about this?
Everyone who actually got a passing interest in the game and this thread knows that the game is DC's full-time job now. Maybe have a gander at past pages discussing that, but I won't hold it against you if you don't, consider the sheer endless pages of bitching in between some actual info.

saya

Apr 24, 2017
If this game is his full time job he should be fired , if he is doing a 9 to 5 every day and has other people working for him , how come we don't have a update every month ? He makes a few wallpapers a month for 20 or 30 k , if he uses AI he does that in 2 minutes . Wake up he scams you . Do you remember how fast updates used to come vs now ?

Aug 4, 2023
Where did you get this idea? This game has been the full-time job for the developer for years - and he has also hired others to work full-time on the project, as well.
I used to watch the streams in regular basis and several times DC said that his principal incomes was freelance projects and that summertime saga was the secondary income.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If this game is his full time job he should be fired , if he is doing a 9 to 5 every day and has other people working for him , how come we don't have a update every month ? He makes a few wallpapers a month for 20 or 30 k , if he uses AI he does that in 2 minutes . Wake up he scams you . Do you remember how fast updates used to come vs now ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I used to watch the streams in regular basis and several times DC said that his principal incomes was freelance projects and that summertime saga was the secondary income.
That had to be in 2016 or you don't understand irony/sarcasm in humor. No, this is his full-time job and has been so for more than 6 years -- From May 2017 (the same interview that I screenshot how this game may never be "completed" in terms that players seem to understand):
1700140610500.png

Aug 4, 2023
That had to be in 2016 or you don't understand irony/sarcasm in humor. No, this is his full-time job and has been so for more than 6 years -- From May 2017 (the same interview that I screenshot how this game may never be "completed" in terms that players seem to understand):
It was in the beggining of this year when I watch the streams, you put me something he said in 2017... whatever, just to mention one time I remember listen to this: in the stream he was talking with the stray guy (the coder) and ask him about a posing task that that he had to finish that week, stray responds that he will do it in the weekend because that was the days he has more free time (this also debunks that idea that the devs team work full time on this) and DC reply with some joke or something, then he announce the finish of the stream saying that he had to continue with work from another pay project.

Maybe in 2017 it was his full-time project, a lot of shit happens in 6 years...

saya

Apr 24, 2017
Ok guys so i sumarize , before he worked a few hours a night and got a update every 3 or 4 months , and now it's his full time job + pays a team and it takes years ? Sure , not a scam at all .... he got 11000 $ and got updates faster , now at 60000$ he takes years , you see the problem ? more money = less updates , but fan boys keep paying and defending him :))) It's abandoned ..... you pay for wallpapers and fast download speed it seems ... smart really smart ....

saya

Apr 24, 2017
Again, I'm not being scammed - I pay nothing. You're not being scammed - you pay nothing. The millions of people who have downloaded and played the game have not been scammed. The subscribers are getting what they are promised in exchange for their membership, so they aren't being scammed.

Also, "abandoned" tag is only an F95 site thing. It doesn't actually pertain to anything the developer does or does not do. And it doesn't change what a developer is going to do. Finally, it's not even possibly applicable until April 2024 for this site.
See #14 here: #73,396 I also recommend #1.
Or, look at OP and see the Release Date - it's the second line below the overview description in the first post.
Yes i am not beeing scammed , those that pay are , and the fact i don't pay does not make him less of a scammer , i don't think people pay only for wallpapers , they expect a update .

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yes i am not beeing scammed , those that pay are , and the fact i don't pay does not make him less of a scammer , i don't think people pay only for wallpapers , they expect a update .
Just because you say so, doesn't make it so. If there are subscribers who expect an update - the only person that is scamming them is themselves. It is stated quite clearly what they should expect in the Patreon tier benefits. Nothing more.

And yes, the fact that you don't pay for it and millions who have played don't pay for it and that subscribers get exactly what they are promised does make him NOT a scammer. Scamming is defrauding a person of something through deceptive means. The terms of subscription are quite clear. The downloading and playing of the game for free directly from the developer's website - without need of being a subscriber - is also quite clear.

That people expect something for nothing - or expect something when it was never promised in exchanged for something - is delusional by the person who is doing the expecting. It's not a scam being perpetrated.

Should a developer make such promises in exchange for some kind of payment - I would absolutely agree with you. There are several I could point to as examples that have games listed on this site (developers who lock their content behind paywall with vague promises or even direct promises but then fail to deliver without any kind of rectification). This is not one of them.

Reactions: APoc1
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes