Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
This game will be 8 years old and its last update was about 1 year ago. this game smells like milking. i thought this game would be over by now but it seems i was wrong.
As long as "cows" exist and throw their money away, this game (or every other patreon supported game) will never be completed (exceptions do exist but are rare).
Would you finish a project that gives you 60k every month and the only work you have to do is post some wallpapers and some statistics? I wouldn't...

DarKCookie simply exploited this to an entrire new level and found 30,757 idiots sorry I meant "cows" to milk.

Reactions: Kojj4

RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
View attachment 3314168
It's a shame that she never won any polls. The fact that the teachers got an update before her still surprises me. Compared to all the other girls in the game the teachers, for me aren't really that interesting.
The poll voters aren't cultured enough for her
when i was subscribed i always voted for her but just gave up lol :/

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
As long as "cows" exist and throw their money away, this game (or every other patreon supported game) will never be completed (exceptions do exist but are rare).
Would you finish a project that gives you 60k every month and the only work you have to do is post some wallpapers and some statistics? I wouldn't...

DarKCookie simply exploited this to an entrire new level and found 30,757 idiots sorry I meant "cows" to milk.
Thanks for those insights.

I don't want to take your illusion away, but by your logic, free software would not exist. But, hey, it does exist, and Summertime Saga is freely available.

I would say DC's problem is that he wants to transfer this game into a new one, instead of simply calling it done and create the Tech Update as a sequel. SS is one of the most complete and most finished games around. All it would have needed was to close some lose ends and start fresh. Patreons who support him now would support the sequel as well, even more since new content would come out much quicker.

Bad management decision, but to call someone who gives the game away for free a milker does not quite fit.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
You know. Something/injustice unlimited once had the same issues as this game does with taking forever to update. The diffrence was that game dev got a scare to get himself back on track. As his updates slowed to a crawl and delivered less content and was more buggy and broken.

Patrons began to leave and he saw a huge dip in them so he quickly jumped into action to salvage things and fixed up the game.

Sure things aren't great with it but it's betterish than it was and updates more often.and with mroe content.

I wounder if maybe DC got a scare like that with his patrons dropping in big numbers he'd kick it into high gear. As this update has taken far, far too long.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
half right, half wrong.

I agree its taking too long but not because he isn't working on it. It feels like the tech update forces not to only add new content (if there will be any) but also recode/redraw a lot of old parts of the game(and this game is already big as it is lol).

you can accompany his work if you wish.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes