cermebaatsisvye

Oct 1, 2019
My interpretation. I'm still a Summertime Saga fan, it's one of the best games I've played in this genre. I also know that the vast majority of the games I play here are "early access". DC (or rather, the programmer(s) he hired) bit off way more than he/they could chew, obviously. 3-4 months was wildly (stupidly) optimistic. Code never happens that fast.

The adjustment in May 2022 wasn't that bad. Percent dropped only ~3%. I still dropped from his Patreon a few months later, I wasn't expecting it to be out by mid-2023 at least, and it seemed like he was doing fine financially. I figured I gave him enough for 2+ full-price games.

But the drop in November stings. 75% is where we were 18 months earlier.

I'm also not holding my breath. There are a lot of other games to play here. I'll be excited to come back when the update is out, and start a new game. But I'm not stressing about it. He can start having my money again when the update is out.

Does anyone have a more complete history of the entire task breakdown? Not total tasks, but completed+total for art, posing, writing and code? I can update the chart. I'm interested in understanding where/when changed in different kinds of tasks happened.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
My interpretation. I'm still a Summertime Saga fan, it's one of the best games I've played in this genre. I also know that the vast majority of the games I play here are "early access". DC (or rather, the programmer(s) he hired) bit off way more than he/they could chew, obviously. 3-4 months was wildly (stupidly) optimistic. Code never happens that fast.

The adjustment in May 2022 wasn't that bad. Percent dropped only ~3%. I still dropped from his Patreon a few months later, I wasn't expecting it to be out by mid-2023 at least, and it seemed like he was doing fine financially. I figured I gave him enough for 2+ full-price games.

But the drop in November stings. 75% is where we were 18 months earlier.

I'm also not holding my breath. There are a lot of other games to play here. I'll be excited to come back when the update is out, and start a new game. But I'm not stressing about it. He can start having my money again when the update is out.

Does anyone have a more complete history of the entire task breakdown? Not total tasks, but completed+total for art, posing, writing and code? I can update the chart. I'm interested in understanding where/when changed in different kinds of tasks happened.
You could always use the Wayback Machine on Internet Archive to look at the /news page on the site if you want to get more granular data.
if they didn't care about it they wouldn't seethe about it so much
You haven't been reading then... or you have a reading comprehension problem.

I've reminded people time and again to mark their calendar: April 30, 2024 - to click the REPORT button and request the staff to mark the thread Abandoned. It does nothing. It will change nothing. DC will remain the number one Patreon adult game creator (paid subscriber numbers) for quite a long time. That isn't "fanboy" talk -- that simply using common sense.

DC isn't going to change anything they are doing simply because this thread gets the flag. It's not going to tank DC's paid subscribers. It's not going to tank DC's income.

We've said it does nothing all along.

And then, should DC release the tech update months... or even years... from now, that Abandoned flag will be removed from this thread. Again, changing nothing whatsoever.

The seething is the constant whine that comes from the small group of people who kvetch about a game that is available for free for everyone to play because they don't have the patience to wait to fill their dirty sock with a load while looking at new content.

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
Your opinion is not based on fact but on trust in someone who has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he deserves no trust.
No, its a fact. When the updates were normal the code part always took a little longer.

Also if DC is a scammer he has spend more money and time than when he did the normal updates
  1. He has more people so more salary to pay
  2. He has lost patreons
  3. He is still doing daily streams
  4. He refactor de progress bar so changes are more notorious
  5. He is doing monthly updates
  6. The team is showing
So it makes no sense that this is for money.
The real reason is You , literraly just you , he really dont want you to see the new update, so he can read the walls you post.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Oh okay thank you. I've seen some pics with her pregnant and I thought those were already implemented. Well guess I've finished the game then ^^
You can always check the cookie jar if there are missing scenes to discover. Also, if in MCs phone you don't see any objectives anymore, the game is pretty much done -- except, as mentioned, check the cookie jar. There might still be something left for Jenny and Roxxy afaik. Go talk to them some more for some days.

Maybe you want to try my mod for some more content (see signature).

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I know you guys keep on quarrelling about milking/not-milking and so on...

but I just want to talk about something else.

(in my opinion this game literally died the day the tech update won the poll... therefore I can't see what the point in arguing over the updates is)

I just want to talk about the fact that since DC started working on the main storyline quest update this game totally warped into a nonsensical mess full of pointless one-scene-so-you-can-bang-a-new-chick characters.

I just want to point out about the fact that you still see the old classroom picture in MC's pc with his old classmates and their old facial features and dress - Eve, for instance.

I just want to point out about the fact that a lot characters who appeared since the early 2016-2017 updates have no new content and no story since the beginning of 2017 - Jane the librarian, Judith, Mia, Cassie the swimming pool lifeguard: do you remember them? - but the Dude thought it was nice adding garbage like the Rump family and the Korean chicks.

I just want to point out that in 2017 this game felt fresh, nice, funny and new and now it feels like an expired open milk carton.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I just want to point out about the fact that you still see the old classroom picture in MC's pc with his old classmates and their old facial features and dress - Eve, for instance.
The new version will be added with the tech update, though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Everybody may judge on his/her own, whether the added quality is actually worth it or not.

Reactions: TREXrg and otranu

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
You could always use the Wayback Machine on Internet Archive to look at the /news page on the site if you want to get more granular data.
You haven't been reading then... or you have a reading comprehension problem.

I've reminded people time and again to mark their calendar: April 30, 2024 - to click the REPORT button and request the staff to mark the thread Abandoned. It does nothing. It will change nothing. DC will remain the number one Patreon adult game creator (paid subscriber numbers) for quite a long time. That isn't "fanboy" talk -- that simply using common sense.

DC isn't going to change anything they are doing simply because this thread gets the flag. It's not going to tank DC's paid subscribers. It's not going to tank DC's income.

We've said it does nothing all along.

And then, should DC release the tech update months... or even years... from now, that Abandoned flag will be removed from this thread. Again, changing nothing whatsoever.

The seething is the constant whine that comes from the small group of people who kvetch about a game that is available for free for everyone to play because they don't have the patience to wait to fill their dirty sock with a load while looking at new content.
Didnt you just tell someone else to use the off topic thread for doing exactly what youre doing right now and continue do every day? Please find something else to do with your life or go cry somewhere else, youre cluttering our precious thread with your nonsense. Youre just repeating the same gibberish every day, its getting sad.

Dracodadark

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah the wait sucks, but there are other games to keep me busy. I love the game and go back to replay it from time to time.

do I wish updates would occur quicker? Sure, but I also want a good not rushed game. This update has imo taken way too long, but i guarantee a lot of complaints will stop when it comes out and then come back again.

hopefully the dev picks up the pace and gets the game out soon as I am still looking forward to playing it. As said before it’s one of the better games out there and usually has been worth the wait.

Scoobsta

Aug 15, 2022
holly shit i just remembered this game from covid when i played it. buddy is still on the tech update...

i genuinely want to know the thought process of a patreon user that sees DC making upwards of a million dollars a year, doing fuck all, and goes "awh man, i better chip in as well!"

DC is literally becoming part of the 1%, why the fuck are people still giving him money for free :LOL:

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
Yeah the wait sucks, but there are other games to keep me busy. I love the game and go back to replay it from time to time.

do I wish updates would occur quicker? Sure, but I also want a good not rushed game. This update has imo taken way too long, but i guarantee a lot of complaints will stop when it comes out and then come back again.

hopefully the dev picks up the pace and gets the game out soon as I am still looking forward to playing it. As said before it’s one of the better games out there and usually has been worth the wait.
There's a big difference between not rushing and straight up milking in which I don't think a lot of people understand here.

Reactions: vks017 and TREXrg
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes