itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
it's interesting how people are foolish and still paying for product they not get, dev openly scaming people and takin their salary for doing nothing, buddy doing some stream 1 hour long, paint some shit and that's it, people are satisfied lmao
No one's directly paying DC for a product. Summertime saga is and has always been free. It's crazy how you people just can't seem to comprehend that simple detail that changes this entire discussion.

If you're gonna regurgitate the same surface level complaining then at least do it right.

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
No one's directly paying DC for a product. Summertime saga is and has always been free. It's crazy how you people just can't seem to comprehend that simple detail that changes this entire discussion.

If you're gonna regurgitate the same surface level complaining then at least do it right.
But why people are still supporting the game via patreon when there has been no updates for more than a year?

The golden age of Summertime saga is gone, I'm pretty sure it will get abandoned if it keeps giving such slow content. And again I still don't get why would be people still support it.

Feb 11, 2022
But why people are still supporting the game via patreon when there has been no updates for more than a year?

The golden age of Summertime saga is gone, I'm pretty sure it will get abandoned if it keeps giving such slow content. And again I still don't get why would be people still support it.
Because he still streams the development on nearly everyday save when he or his family is sick, he takes a break every now and again, but people can still SEE his work being done. If he wasn't streaming at all or took months long breaks between streams, I'd call it a racket.
At worst, he's just terrible with project management.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Because he still streams the development on nearly everyday save when he or his family is sick, he takes a break every now and again, but people can still SEE his work being done. If he wasn't streaming at all or took months long breaks between streams, I'd call it a racket.
So people keep funding this game because they see one dude doodling at home, despite any progress with the actual game itself? Yeah, OK. I guess that's enough for some.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
...and people still bitching about this game... equally amazing.
Not much else to talk about in the thread when the dev doesn't really produce anything anymore.

Used to be nearly everyday, for several hours. Now he's maybe streaming 50% of the days? 8 days this month so far. His wife doesn't have a job, so the number of 'sick days' he takes is over the top. And he used to be terrible with project management, like 5 years ago. Used to defend him then. Now he's just become lazy because there's no consequences to him not working more than an hour a day. I mean, I guess I'd love to be in that situation, but it's really just shitting on his fans at this point.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
old vs. new
View attachment 3363375 View attachment 3363377

Next to that you may have a look here to compare a few more characters.
Feels like a blast from the past. On the one hand, spend more than a few seconds looking at OldEve and you can see exactly why she had to be redesigned: terrible proportions, lousy shading, dead gaze, and so on. On the other hand, she actually looks like someone that could be your classmate, as opposed to the airbrushed Hot Topic model that is NewEve. That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model:

1708207875301.png

1708207861363.png

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes