jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
Feels like a blast from the past. On the one hand, spend more than a few seconds looking at OldEve and you can see exactly why she had to be redesigned: terrible proportions, lousy shading, dead gaze, and so on. On the other hand, she actually looks like someone that could be your classmate, as opposed to the airbrushed Hot Topic model that is NewEve. That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model:

View attachment 3363446

View attachment 3363445
If by charm you mean a year of meth. Seriously, that's the difference between the redesigns of Grace and Eve and what they used to look like. Take the new designs, apply meth, bang you get the old designs.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Feels like a blast from the past. On the one hand, spend more than a few seconds looking at OldEve and you can see exactly why she had to be redesigned: terrible proportions, lousy shading, dead gaze, and so on. On the other hand, she actually looks like someone that could be your classmate, as opposed to the airbrushed Hot Topic model that is NewEve. That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model:

View attachment 3363446

View attachment 3363445
Old characters had something. They had character. Remade ones are polished Disney random bland cute nothingness.

LEIFdl

Oct 20, 2021
Idk the history of this game or anything, but when it was active how did he decide which character to do next? It seems crazy that there isn't Annie content.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That's without getting into the radical personality flip that changed her from a confident member of a gang of street rappers into a wilting wallflower.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that DC didn't really have a real concept for her story back when he added her and the whole rap mini game. I'd ageee that it would have been nice if they had made the effort to recreate Eve's connection to that group eventually.

It follows the trend in DC's redesigns, unfortunately. The new characters are artistically superior, but lack a certain charm. Maybe that's why I prefer Grace over Eve, since her redesign stuck closer to the original model.
Eve is certainly the most extreme case, but when it's about the others, I don't really get that vibe, tbh. In general I'd say there's a a differnce between these very early designs, like most main girls and those, which were introduced a bit later, like Grace. As such there was a lot less to change, as the later characters were actually designed a lot better in the first place.

Especially when it comes to Ronda or Annie the reworks were desperately needed and I don't understand how anybody could prefer the old design for any reason.

Edit: I mean, that ( see below) is just nothing, you could seriously release in 2024:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idk the history of this game or anything, but when it was active how did he decide which character to do next? It seems crazy that there isn't Annie content.
His patrons do get a vote and as such Annie just wasn't popular enough. Once the tech update is done, the following updates will be for Ronda, Annie and Judith, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEIFdl

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
But don
No one's directly paying DC for a product. Summertime saga is and has always been free. It's crazy how you people just can't seem to comprehend that simple detail that changes this entire discussion.

If you're gonna regurgitate the same surface level complaining then at least do it right.
But don't you see? If people would not constantly complain over and over and over and over and over again, this game would not have been abandoned for only one but three years already. Seriously.

Reactions: Count Morado

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Patrons' poll.

And one fine day Patrons voted the tech-update, because the Dude told them: "it will be a fast update - just a couple of months. Pinky swear".

I'm not joking.
You may not be joking but you are not quite right either. People did not vote for tech update in the first place. But he'd let them vote again and he did do the tech update nontheless.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Patrons' poll.

And one fine day Patrons voted the tech-update, because the Dude told them: "it will be a fast update - just a couple of months. Pinky swear".

I'm not joking.
And yet, you are. You use quotation marks as if you are quoting the dev, but you are simply being cheeky. You're being facetious. His own words damn him enough, but you don't use them, do you? So yes, you are joking.

Actual wording can be found here: #51,839, but here's the 'short version.'

For those who watch the daily stream, you've most likely heard me talk about a potential "tech update" that would convert Summertime Saga into widescreen, expand the map a bit and solve a lot of gameplay issues.​
The game needs this, but it requires a bit of time to implement and the sooner we do it, the better. However, that would obviously mean that we push back the Rhonda update.​
So, which update would you rather see be done first?... [list of initial goals of the tech update and Rhonda update]...
Both update choice will take roughly the same amount of time (3 to 4 months) to complete.
The benefit of the tech update is that it solves issues now, instead of more to fix later (but also adds some sex scenes to existing characters). The benefit of Rhonda's update, is a lot of new story content.
Make sure you read all the content for both updates and cast your vote!​
Thanks for your input ^-^ <3​
-DC​

Yes, DC was ridiculously naive or unaware of just what this tech update would entail. And yes, his own words damn his intent and his inability to estimate expectations.

Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017
Right now the biggest bottleneck is Stray/Coding that said there are bottlenecks within bottlenecks. Case in point the posers and QA are all part time so they can only work on the game a few hours a day if they have any time at all.
They're also all over the world being from across the U.S., UK, Russia and New Zealand, so coordinating the team isn't easy with all the different time zones, work schedules and family lives.
Also the way the game's built as it was explained by one of the posers once that there's a lot of dovetailing wherein it goes pose> review> fix> coding> review> fix> back to posing and repeat.
So at any time you have a guy who works 3-5 hours a night handing off work to a QA tester who might not wake up for another 6 hours who's also part time, who will then either A: toss it back to the poser for fixing or B: toss it to the coder and hope he's not to busy unfucking the code to be able to work on it at which point when he's done it goes back and maybe the poser isn't now to busy working on his next task to be able to work on it again.

Now if you're thinking "Gee that production pipeline's fucked they should fix that.". Well unfortunately the only one who can fix it would rather doodle than lead his team, a man who fully believes that because this system has worked for years there is no reason to change it and yes this is how things have always been done. It was just far less noticeable because One: They always had less work. Two: The team wasn't as big and so the system never had its gaping flaws exposed.

The reason DC & Sploosh haven't been working much on upcoming stuff is that they know they need Stray to reel them in and remind them of what they can and can't do in the game which is a massive problem with them where they'll cook up insane plotlines and scenes only for Stray to point out they can't make it happen with what they have, in fact a large reason for the rebuild was the feature creep was straining the game to it's very limits it simply wasn't built to handle the rig system, achievements and pregnancy system. That last one apparently was a massive issue with the coder at the time it was added so fed up of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole that he just grabbed the metaphorical sledgehammer and brute forced it which as you can imagine causes all sorts of issues with the code later on.
Which means that DC continues to produce art for the game as shown with his streams it's clear that the tech update and perhaps future updates will happen a lot faster as not only will the game be updated on a level that makes it far easier but either the next few updates afterwards will be bigger or there will be a constant stream of 1-2 month updates, if one looks on the bright side. Ofc it seems like Stray has become the real MVP given that he's the one working on the critical problem while DC and Sploosh are trying to drive off an incomplete bridge.

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
What IS taking so long has DC even said ? I mean truly, i have tried to scan through the post but 1000's of pages is a lot to scan. so maybe a status up date on the first page would help.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What IS taking so long has DC even said ? I mean truly, i have tried to scan through the post but 1000's of pages is a lot to scan. so maybe a status up date on the first page would help.
That's what the end of month status reports on DC's Patreon since May have been about - all easily found using the search function on F95. Also, these could help you:

and here's a breakdown on the original goals of the Tech Update. Here are the end of month reports for Feb 2024, Jan 2024, Dec 2023, Nov 2023, Oct 2023, Sep 2023, Aug 2023, Jul 2023, Jun 2023, May 2023 that I mentioned at the top of this post.

Last edited:

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
Tbh dc is stop update web for almost a week so i think he is going to do the disappear with no web update for almost 2 years again ToT

• Haha
Reactions: Davai099
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes