Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
Is there any possible way into changing the games resolution? I play on a 1920x1080 monitor and I hate how it feels squished

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
I really don't understand why people continue to support darkcookie. No updates in almost 2 years. It baffles my very mind.
Some people had too much money in their bank accounts but don't know how to spend them. The only solution they can think of is to 'transfer' to someone else's accounts such as to DC or Oseo Bones'.

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
By the way... this is what a 4/3 to 16/9 tech update at Disney looks like

cap001.jpg -> cap003.jpg

It's easier to crop than to add new image elements. :rolleyes:

...its like DarkCookie would do this
odette_crypt_throne_01.jpg -> odette_crypt_throne_cropped.jpg

I don't know how you see it, but I would prefer if he filled and enhanced the images instead of just cutting something away.

EDIT:
As I could see from the post below, my post was/is a bit misleading.​
To avoid misunderstandings. It wasn't meant that DarkCookie would simply crop the images ..
just because of several comments about why the tech update was taking so long and
that there wouldn't be any new content anyway, I wanted to show a little what the differences would be.​
Cropping = faster update but worse quality​
or​
Enhance, add drawings = significantly more work, slower update, but better quality.​
I worked in media design and it takes a lot of time and work to edit ~1600 images - plus additional drawings for new locations and storyline.​

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

View attachment 3402625 -> View attachment 3402624

View attachment 3402738 -> View attachment 3402739

I don't know how you see it, but I would prefer if he filled and enhanced the images instead of just cutting something away.
I understand that you are not saying that DC is simply cropping, however it could be construed as such. So as not to confuse the average (and/or casual) reader of this thread, DC is not doing the crop method as shown in your post. Part of the tech update is that DC adds content to extend the images to 16:9 from 4:3. As an example, the new map is expanded to 16:9 display ratio from the old map's 4:3 ratio:
map.gif

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
As DC reworked most backgrounds etc. on stream, he did indeed extend like ~98% of them properly by adding content. He only cut images, when it was really just empty space that was lost and when there was nothing to add anway.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
who are the 2 not unlocked i thought i went through all content
You are missing Mayor Rump, as well as Missy.
1709393045770.png

If you do not know how to unlock the cookie jar scenes for those two, you should go to the Cookie Jar page on the wiki to follow the instructions.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
It says 660 tasks? 80% finished?

Does this means it is, 660 tasks left or 660 tasks done or both..?

Why does this matter you think? Well sir/lady/etc... If 660 tasks left and about 1 task per day
gets done... it would take about nearly 2 years from here today before finished...

If it is 660 task done.. and 80% completed

that means we need about nearly compared time from now and back to starting day about compared around
300 tasks to be completed.

That means if its about 1 task a day, then it will take about a year from here...
if they finish less than 1 task a day... and it takes 2 days per task...
then it will be 2 years... etc

This is just the basic Math... But ofcourse, if he finished with 60 tasks a month-which i doubt it is because of the
amount of tasks 660 says and 80%
to me that seems to be 660 tasks done... and that was supposedly the easy/fast ones...
getting 60 or anywhere near 60 task a month from now if its more time consuming/harder tasks that
would be impossible.
However this means that no matter how we turn and crunch the numbers and all and what is what..
going lower than 1 year unless he hire's another coder etc... it won't be possible no matter how we
crunch the numbers... If things are as i fear, were looking for another 2 years before tech-release could
be done unless he hired another coder etc or is just way closer to having tech update being finished
than what we right now think?...

But with this my point stand before now within 1 year release i very much doubt it can happen..
it will take more than 1 more year before we see the tech-update in its full part...

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017

View attachment 3402625 -> View attachment 3402624

View attachment 3402738 -> View attachment 3402739

Interesting side note, but Monsters Inc. (and other Pixar movies) weren't cropped or panned/scanned to fit different ratios. They actually went through and redid the movie shot-for-shot for the home video release, changing the framing and even moving around characters to fit a shot. Here's a great breakdown of the issues that surround changing from 4:3 to 16:9 and vice versa (go to 7:30 for the Pixar details):

Reactions: j4yj4m

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
any mods to make mc female/futa?
like the artwork but ehh
Not at this time. There is a Small Penis Humiliation mod.

It would take a lot of time and effort to make such a mod as you are requesting. There are hundreds (thousand+?) images of the MC that would possibly need altering for such a mod because of change of body shape, hairstyle, etc, as well as genitalia. SPH Mod creator ImTransAndTiny might know a better estimate of image count that it would entail.

Reactions: femanon

femanon

May 6, 2020
dw its all good, i wouldnt wanna request humongous work or anything, i was just wondering if there was such a thing already but all good, thanks for the reply : )
Not at this time. There is a Small Penis Humiliation mod.

It would take a lot of time and effort to make such a mod as you are requesting. There are hundreds (thousand+?) images of the MC that would possibly need altering for such a mod because of change of body shape, hairstyle, etc, as well as genitalia. SPH Mod creator ImTransAndTiny might know a better estimate of image count that it would entail.

Reactions: Count Morado
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes