D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
You know, that's essentially what's going on right now, right? And that's exactly one of the reasons why it's taking that long? #75,309
i'm saying it shouldn't take this long. the art and dialogue/texts exist, you have a functioning model right from the start as a reference to how things should look even if you change all the code underneath. the project itself has been going on for ~7.5 years, and it's been 3 years of pretech. it took 3.5 years from zero assets to main storyline completion, how could it possibly take almost the same amount of time to remake the game?

Reactions: omarmonir

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
i'm saying it shouldn't take this long. the art and dialogue/texts exist, you have a functioning model right from the start as a reference to how things should look even if you change all the code underneath. the project itself has been going on for ~7.5 years, and it's been 3 years of pretech. it took 3.5 years from zero assets to main storyline completion, how could it possibly take almost the same amount of time to remake the game?
Summertime Saga is a game with great ideas and potential, but made by the wrong people.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If it took 4.5-ish years to write all the code (it actually took longer, but...) through to 31 March 2021 and almost all the code is being reviewed, revised, or recoded - updated and augmented for new ideas to incorporate capabilities now available in the latest version of Ren'Py while still attempting to write code for some of the things DC and Sploosh have visions for in the future, PLUS revising the code written for the implementation of the 7 pre-tech updates from 31 March 2021 to 30 October 2022 - it's going to take quite a bit of time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
I get the impression that a lot of people don't even bother to look in on the streams
Hmmm... and I have an impression that many people (like me) have another things to waste time on. I would LOVE to have 50hours per day with no-sleep cheat, but I guess we have what we have.

But hey, if somebody (like you) have time for these, you people can post a brief retelling here after each stream. I would appreciate it much.

crazycracks

Aug 2, 2021
Guys no one mention anything about the almost two-year update or the mods will remove it in a thread with 759 pages lmao

Some triple-A games get finished faster than this but let's be real if any of us were making that much money from basically nothing you would prolong it too. A few more years and his entire life is paid for.

He's making $65K - $197K a MONTH

The_Coomer

Apr 23, 2020
Guys no one mention anything about the almost two-year update or the mods will remove it in a thread with 759 pages lmao

Some triple-A games get finished faster than this but let's be real if any of us were making that much money from basically nothing you would prolong it too. A few more years and his entire life is paid for.

He's making $65K - $197K a MONTH
One of the many reasons I stopped supporting or paying attention to this. He should have a team working on it for the cash he's bringing in....

crazycracks

Aug 2, 2021
One of the many reasons I stopped supporting or paying attention to this. He should have a team working on it for the cash he's bringing in....
Yeah that's an excellent idea but I feel like a big issue would be getting people who can still fit into the theme/style of the game.

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
Here we go again with the "IS COMPLETED BECAUSE THE MAIN STORY IS FINISHED" argument:rolleyes:
You can view it like that because if you don't care about DLCs, then it is a complete experience for yourself, and technically, any game with a story is fully complete once that story ends.

Reactions: The Black Cat

The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
When these crybaby people will realize that the main story is complete, so the game can be understand as completed.
Side stories are like DLCs. They are... side... secondary... stories...

So the dev dont owes nothing to anyone.
And people who dont like it and are his Patreon, well, they are FREE to stop giving money. No big deal, lol.
And the others who are not his Patreon, but still complaining... well:

View attachment 172969_6af8f11af5f3f2c18192a7f42ad1ab7f.webp

:KEK:...

• Angry
Reactions: Lithy and Brovalon
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes