MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Why not a threesome wth those two blondes? Hope Dev to made a scene like that with those two, mother and daughter before he quits this game for good...
Threesomes with mom + daughter are incest, and incest is a no-go under current Patreon rules. It's why Diane was changed from Debbie's sister to her "friend", otherwise they couldn't have the threesome with the MC. It's also why we won't get a Debbie/Jenny threesome, sadly.

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
You can view it like that because if you don't care about DLCs, then it is a complete experience for yourself, and technically, any game with a story is fully complete once that story ends.
I don't know man, the game had 3 objectives at the start

Solve who killed mc's father ( done)
Save money for college ( more or less done)
Get a date for the ball ( not yet)

So till we get to the ball i would say the game is not complete yet

Reactions: sucklepuck

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
I don't know man, the game had 3 objectives at the start

Solve who killed mc's father ( done)
Save money for college ( more or less done)
Get a date for the ball ( not yet)

So till we get to the ball i would say the game is not complete yet
The ball was supposed to be the epilogue to the main story, now it no longer is. It's just a random side event now. DC should have put it in straight after the defeat of the Russians.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
The ball was supposed to be the epilogue to the main story, now it no longer is. It's just a random side event now. DC should have put it in straight after the defeat of the Russians.
I don't recall anything about it being "just a random side event now". From what I remember it was always meant to cap off the dating system that supposedly will be added after all the classmates' storylines are finished.

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
I don't recall anything about it being "just a random side event now". From what I remember it was always meant to cap off the dating system that supposedly will be added after all the classmates' storylines are finished.
Still should have been included when I said, therefore all the girls routes should have been completed before the defeat of the Russians, so this whole tech update and new characters and locations should have been done before their defeat as well.

1. Tech update done first.
2. Finish the girls routes alongside the main story, but before the Russians' defeat (anything new, of course, added in).
3. Then, immediately after their defeat, have the college prom to finish the story and the game.

This is one reason why I said this game is in the hands of the wrong people: they can't do good planning for a better experience and never want to.

Last edited:

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Still should have been included when I said, therefore all the girls routes should have been completed before the defeat of the Russians, so this whole tech update and new characters and locations should have been done before their defeat as well.

1. Tech update done first.
2. Finish the girls routes alongside the main story, but before the Russians' defeat (anything new, of course, added in).
3. Then, immediately after their defeat, have the college prom to finish the story and the game.

This is one reason why I said this game is in the hands of the wrong people: they can't do good planning for a better experience and never want to.
Update order is mostly done by patron vote. They choose what they want to see done first, not DC. And isn't getting to decide what content you as a fan want to see first the best experience you could hope for?

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
Update order is mostly done by patron vote. They choose what they want to see done first, not DC. And isn't getting to decide what content you as a fan want to see first the best experience you could hope for?
It is, although only for side stories, extra content, and some to be included in the main story. There should never be a poll to choose if side or main story content should come first; the latter takes priority. For any game, there should be a clear schedule for the creator(s) when side content happens and when main story content happens, not when the fans decide.

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
You can get easyly fucke
Guys no one mention anything about the almost two-year update or the mods will remove it in a thread with 759 pages lmao

Some triple-A games get finished faster than this but let's be real if any of us were making that much money from basically nothing you would prolong it too. A few more years and his entire life is paid for.

He's making $65K - $197K a MONTH
Your estimated amount made me laugh. Last time I checked he was making around $65K on Patreon as the highest earning NFSW developer. Don't know about the other donation methods or sells. But as far as I know there is a big crew behind the project. Not one single person.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Do you guys think the tech update is ever gonna release? Summertime Saga is legitimately an amazing game and one of my favourites but it just updates so slowly that it can kill a lot of the excitement for it. I mean, how long has it been now that the tech update is allegedly in the works? Probably 2 or 3 years, right? It also seems like the progress bar is stuck in the 80% range for all eternity. Last time I played SS was all the way back in 2019 and I fell in love with it. I'm really itching to finally jump back in but I told myself that I would only get in again after the tech update (because it seems like the type of update that would completely reset anyone's save files).

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
When these crybaby people will realize that the main story is complete, so the game can be understand as completed.
Side stories are like DLCs. They are... side... secondary... stories...

So the dev dont owes nothing to anyone.
And people who dont like it and are his Patreon, well, they are FREE to stop giving money. No big deal, lol.
And the others who are not his Patreon, but still complaining... well:

View attachment 3456201

:KEK:...
I never understood this logic. The game is completed when all the planned content is implemented. Even disregarding what DC promised would be added to SS, there's still plenty of things in the game itself that says "under construction".

Last edited:

Fortilicious

Sep 3, 2019
Got a bug in regards to panties for Master Somrak: I've collected 5 panties already in game, but have only handed over 3. I should have 2 more, but I've gotten to the final training and now suddenly I have no panties. The ones collected so far have been from Debbie, Jenny, Odette (all 3 turned in), Roxxy and Coach Bridget.

Are there more in the game or am I now soft-locked out of being able to max my Agility?

Edit: NVM, found another pair, courtesy of best girl Eve.

Last edited:

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
But as far as I know there is a big crew behind the project. Not one single person.
Big crew doing what exactly?
Last time I checked he was making around $65K on Patreon as the highest earning NFSW developer.
What has been done in the last 2 years that is worth $65K - $197K per month?
Do you think this creator deserves to be the top 1 NSFW game developer on Patreon based on the past two years?
Your estimated amount made me laugh.
Same :LUL: But probably not for the same reason.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Do you guys think the tech update is ever gonna release? Summertime Saga is legitimately an amazing game and one of my favourites but it just updates so slowly that it can kill a lot of the excitement for it. I mean, how long has it been now that the tech update is allegedly in the works? Probably 2 or 3 years, right? It also seems like the progress bar is stuck in the 80% range for all eternity. Last time I played SS was all the way back in 2019 and I fell in love with it. I'm really itching to finally jump back in but I told myself that I would only get in again after the tech update (because it seems like the type of update that would completely reset anyone's save files).
There will be no more releases for Summertime Saga.

In 6 days it'll be 3 years since the last normal (story) release came out. Since then the profitability of NOT putting out a story release increased spectacularly while the risks of actually releasing anything new also increased, again, spectacularly.
This equation ensures there will be no more normal SS releases in the future because there's too much money in not releasing while simultaneously being a LOT of money to lose in releasing.

A breakdown:

(1) In 6 days, on 25-Mar, it'll be 3 years since DC has no excuse to claim work on the TU hasn't started. He actually first claimed this work started on 14-Feb-2021 (see Patreon post) but let's take the latest moment, which is 25-Mar-2021.
Now consider this date and remember that he sold the TU to paypigs as something that'll take "3-4 months to complete". That's what they voted on. He is now 36+ months into those 3-4 months and there is no release date in sight, no direction, no reliable progress. The project is dead in the water, going absolutely nowhere except towards the next paycheck.

(2) Across these 3 years the number of paypigs dropped when he nearly stopped simulating the project is alive but once he started putting on the theatre of wallpapers, word salads, empty words, etc. the imbeciles came right back. Today he has MORE supporters than he did when the TU vaporware started.

(3) A month ago DC reached an important milestone in how much he cashed in for SS. The total amount he got for the TU vaporware in the past 3 years (~$2.16+ million, you can find the exact calculation with graphs in my past posts) surpassed what he got for all of SS story/normal releases (~$2.11 million) from the beginning (Aug-2016) all the way up to when the TU Saga began in early 2021.

(1) + (2) + (3) = He can break his promises not once or twice over but ~10 times over and the paypigs won't budge. They will cling to hope like a drunk to his bottle so there is no end in sight to how much can be milked out of them. DC literally made more money by NOT delivering anything of value over the last 3 years than he did by delivering the whole of SS' stories in the years before that. So paypigs provide a STRONG financial incentive (we're literally talking millions of $) for DC to continue doing what he's doing and continue delivering what they actually paid for (i.e. hope).

At the same time, there are continuously rising risks in ever delivering the TU or any other future SS releases.

(5) The expectations his paypigs now nurture for the TU & future releases are now so intense they're practically bombs. There is no way in Hell these expectations can be met. If the TU is delivered as promised (i.e. no new story, just a behind-the-scenes update) the disappointment will detonate. Even with Rhonda's story baked in it will still be an immense disappointment because the paypigs will be faced with the reality of what their money actually bought. There was no serious work on the engine or anything DC promised. The paypigs will just be faced with a big turd they paid dearly for.

(6) The latest Patreon devolution into the insanity of policing fantasies creates a huge risk for any new SS releases. Patreon just banned a slew of devs, including some pretty big names (e.g. Zetan (Desert Stalker), UberPie (Taffy Tales)) for reasons that go FAR beyond any predictable rules a dev can reasonably work with.
Again and again we saw banned devs reporting years of work was abruptly terminated by one rando from Patreon being judge, jury and executioner, with no honest attempt at dialogue (all He said was "You're breaking T&C." then let a few days go by and then ban). Patreon ran out of resources and ability to define rules for what they don't like and now their rules are so vague and their fantasy policemen so unhinged that only the blandest most vanilla adult games imaginable can be safely financed through the platform.
Perhaps the worst fanaticism we've seen is in how they started policing the fantasy of "consent". Games can no longer depict any character being slightly drunk or in any state of mind where consent is not CLEAR (to Patreon, not to normal people). So MCs can not pressure, get LI drunk or on drugs, grope, perform anything but the mildest BDSM (and even then, with the girl yelling I CONSENT before any new move). I don't even need to mention mind control, rape, etc.
So now about every other common fantasy is a reason to be banned and Patreon has proven it intends to achieve the elimination of these fantasies through abuse, by being vague with devs who have been on the platform for years and then cutting them off. There is absolutely no good faith in what Patreon is doing. It's just abuse 101.
Now let's return to SS.
It has plenty of scenes where consent is very sketchy at best. I remember there was some hate fucking between MC and Jenny. There were also moments when MC took control of the fucking (breaking cuffs, fucking her during nighttime, cumming inside when she doesn't want it, etc.) without slavishly asking for consent like a purebred westoid now has to. Even Jenny & Mom have moments when they help themselves to MCs dick without asking for consent first, like the latest leftard hallucinations require.
MC steals panties without consent, giving them to perverts.
In the library people are filmed without their consent.
The whole story between the nun and Helen is predicated on Helen being just "taken" without much consent.
The whole story around the principle is again predicated on her just fucking over pupils abusing her authority, sometime physically, sometime psychologically. In fact, everything that has to do with the school is hugely problematic now as highschoolers fucking their teachers is WAY WAY WAAAAAY past the latest redlines.
The above is not an exhaustive list. It's a few things, off the top of my head, to underline how much SS is in the red when evaluated through Patreon's latest Fantasy Police insanity.

(5) + (6) = SS is under serious risk if it ever releases. (5) ensures there will be a LOT of unhappy paypigs wanting some revenge while (6) ensures there's a litany of reasons why SS can be banned under the latest rules.

Instead of running the risk of releasing, DC is presented every day with the alternative:
Keep doing what you're doing.
Predictably cash in at least one more million $ in the next 1-2 years by doing nearly nothing.
Then vanish with nothing bad attached to your real name.

This is why you will never see another SS release. Either the risks or the incentive to get money with nearly no work would've been enough to ensure the project has no real future. When you combine the two there is no chance in Hell.

In fact, the best strategy DC can take is to get himself banned when the money well runs dry. Then he can say "Patreon did it", whine a bit about how he was "SO CLOSE" and then vanish.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017

In 6 days it'll be 3 years since the last normal (story) release came out. Since then the profitability of NOT putting out a story release increased spectacularly while the risks of actually releasing anything new also increased, again, spectacularly.
This equation ensures there will be no more normal SS releases in the future because there's too much money in not releasing while simultaneously being a LOT of money to lose in releasing.

A breakdown:

(1) In 6 days, on 25-Mar, it'll be 3 years since DC has no excuse to claim work on the TU hasn't started. He actually first claimed this work started on 14-Feb-2021 (see Patreon post) but let's take the latest moment, which is 25-Mar-2021.
Now consider this date and remember that he sold the TU to paypigs as something that'll take "3-4 months to complete". That's what they voted on. He is now 36+ months into those 3-4 months and there is no release date in sight, no direction, no reliable progress. The project is dead in the water, going absolutely nowhere except towards the next paycheck.

(2) Across these 3 years the number of paypigs dropped when he nearly stopped simulating the project is alive but once he started putting on the theatre of wallpapers, word salads, empty words, etc. the imbeciles came right back. Today he has MORE supporters than he did when the TU vaporware started.

(3) A month ago DC reached an important milestone in how much he cashed in for SS. The total amount he got for the TU vaporware in the past 3 years (~$2.16+ million, you can find the exact calculation with graphs in my past posts) surpassed what he got for all of SS story/normal releases (~$2.11 million) from the beginning (Aug-2016) all the way up to when the TU Saga began in early 2021.

(1) + (2) + (3) = He can break his promises not once or twice over but ~10 times over and the paypigs won't budge. They will cling to hope like a drunk to his bottle so there is no end in sight to how much can be milked out of them. DC literally made more money by NOT delivering anything of value over the last 3 years than he did by delivering the whole of SS' stories in the years before that. So paypigs provide a STRONG financial incentive (we're literally talking millions of $) for DC to continue doing what he's doing and continue delivering what they actually paid for (i.e. hope).

At the same time, there are continuously rising risks in ever delivering the TU or any other future SS releases.

(5) The expectations his paypigs now nurture for the TU & future releases are now so intense they're practically bombs. There is no way in Hell these expectations can be met. If the TU is delivered as promised (i.e. no new story, just a behind-the-scenes update) the disappointment will detonate. Even with Rhonda's story baked in it will still be an immense disappointment because the paypigs will be faced with the reality of what their money actually bought. There was no serious work on the engine or anything DC promised. The paypigs will just be faced with a big turd they paid dearly for.

(6) The latest Patreon devolution into the insanity of policing fantasies creates a huge risk for any new SS releases. Patreon just banned a slew of devs, including some pretty big names (e.g. Zetan (Desert Stalker), UberPie (Taffy Tales)) for reasons that go FAR beyond any predictable rules a dev can reasonably work with.
Again and again we saw banned devs reporting years of work was abruptly terminated by one rando from Patreon being judge, jury and executioner, with no honest attempt at dialogue (all He said was "You're breaking T&C." then let a few days go by and then ban). Patreon ran out of resources and ability to define rules for what they don't like and now their rules are so vague and their fantasy policemen so unhinged that only the blandest most vanilla adult games imaginable can be safely financed through the platform.
Perhaps the worst fanaticism we've seen is in how they started policing the fantasy of "consent". Games can no longer depict any character being slightly drunk or in any state of mind where consent is not CLEAR (to Patreon, not to normal people). So MCs can not pressure, get LI drunk or on drugs, grope, perform anything but the mildest BDSM (and even then, with the girl yelling I CONSENT before any new move). I don't even need to mention mind control, rape, etc.
So now about every other common fantasy is a reason to be banned and Patreon has proven it intends to achieve the elimination of these fantasies through abuse, by being vague with devs who have been on the platform for years and then cutting them off. There is absolutely no good faith in what Patreon is doing. It's just abuse 101.
Now let's return to SS.
It has plenty of scenes where consent is very sketchy at best. I remember there was some hate fucking between MC and Jenny. There were also moments when MC took control of the fucking (breaking cuffs, fucking her during nighttime, cumming inside when she doesn't want it, etc.) without slavishly asking for consent like a purebred westoid now has to. Even Jenny & Mom have moments when they help themselves to MCs dick without asking for consent first, like the latest leftard hallucinations require.
The whole story between the nun and Helen is predicated on Helen being just "taken" without much consent.
The whole story around the principle is again predicated on her just fucking over pupils abusing her authority, sometime physically, sometime psychologically. In fact, everything that has to do with the school is hugely problematic now as highschoolers fucking their teachers is WAY WAY WAAAAAY past the latest redlines.
The above is not an exhaustive list. It's a few things, off the top of my head, to underline how much SS is in the red when evaluated through Patreon's latest Fantasy Police insanity.

(5) + (6) = SS is under serious risk if it ever releases. (5) ensures there will be a LOT of unhappy paypigs wanting some revenge while (6) ensures there's a litany of reasons why SS can be banned under the latest rules.

Instead of running the risk of releasing, DC is presented every day with the alternative:
Predictably cash in at least one more million $ in the next 1-2 years by doing nearly nothing.

This is why you will never see another SS release. Either the risks or the incentive to get money with nearly no work would've been enough to ensure the project has no real future. When you combine the two there is no chance in Hell.

In fact, the best strategy DC can take is to get himself banned when the money well runs dry. Then he can say "Patreon did it", whine a bit about how he was "SO CLOSE" and then vanish.
That's a breakdown alright

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023

A breakdown:

Now let's return to SS.

According to you, it's possible to report summertime saga right now for breaking these new rules.
Do you think anyone will bother?

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
Big crew doing what exactly?

What has been done in the last 2 years that is worth $65K - $197K per month?
Do you think this creator deserves to be the top 1 NSFW game developer on Patreon based on the past two years?

Same :LUL: But probably not for the same reason.
What part of my comment made you think I was defending the developer or her/his crew? Or did I say they deserve to be top 1 due to their hard work? On the opposite, I rather think they were lucky that they released this game earlier than many other competents and cut a big slice from the market. And it's true. 7 years a long time for not being able to end this story .

The game is very good and one of my favorites but definitely not top 1.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
According to you, it's possible to report summertime saga right now for breaking these new rules.
Do you think anyone will bother?
DC has been very, very catious when it comes to patreon's TOS, as he's been banned before and as he'll certainly be the one who is scrutinized the most - I'm indeed sure he has been reported like hundreds of times during the last years, given the huge hate boners some people developed. As such he avoids certain content (we didn't get a very flat chested schoolgirl, he remade Jenny's sleeping sex scene, etc.) and as long as patreon doesn't crack down on NSFW content in general, SS should be safe. It's very vanilla after all and it's going to stay that way.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes