arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
Some people can notice the one spark that starts a fire. Some people can't see the fire in front of them.
Good for you. I saw this dynamic even before the tech update, it was clear to me that DC was burned out of this project a long time ago.
it was already bad when he stretched out the mafia plot to 3 updates over 18? months instead of just one. its like he is doing everything in his power to avoid making the Rhonda story

fredo321

Aug 23, 2021
VIRUS ALERT ON "GOFILE" WIN version ... samething on "PIXELDRAIN" :confused::eek:
will wait next version... i download many games this msg serious from Windows
one my favorite game

Last edited:
Reactions: elandoor

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
I don't ever wanna hear "lol bro why are you so horny for the abandoned tag it's not like he cares about that shit he'll release when ready".

Fuck that, demonstrably this site tagging a project abandoned due to excessive delays has an effect on even big-time creators. If this site had done it earlier he could've corrected by now instead of this meandering, non-committal mess he's been in for the past year.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
for years there was a good reason to defend him as he was always super slow from the beginning, it wasn't like he at some point changed his glacial ineffective ways. and he always came through in the end. and yeah maybe the excuses were flimsy and even stupid at times, but the point is he was always as lazy and that was the ride the supporters agreed to ride on.

but this, this time is different. there's no excuse for this. clearly there's been no work done in years and this was just a panic update with 2 weeks of work at best. the usual case before devs go awol for good.
HELL NO

He made bimonthly updates back in 2016, then he made monthly updates, then he made every 2 months updates, then he made quarterly updates then... then patrons voted for the tech update.

So no, this time is not different: there never were excuses for anything at all.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Some people can notice the one spark that starts a fire. Some people can't see the fire in front of them.
Good for you. I saw this dynamic even before the tech update, it was clear to me that DC was burned out of this project a long time ago.

DC seems to be the most productive member of his team :LUL:
View attachment 3693993

According to these graphs, normal gaps are around 4k-5k monthly subs. DC has about 30k since the beginning of the month, so at this rate it's safe to assume at least 34k subs by the end of the month. My guess is: It will probably be more than less, but it all depends on how happy the community is with the rework. It seems that this update had a paywall (correct me if I'm wrong), so it probably contributed to these figures to some extent. Next month's graph will show more accurate information.
As of 12 hours ago he HAD almost 32k subs
Pictures speak louder than words
1717254275920.png
Hope he chokes as he spirals down the bowl

Corbous1

Sep 12, 2017
HELL NO

He made bimonthly updates back in 2016, then he made monthly updates, then he made every 2 months updates, then he made quarterly updates then... then patrons voted for the tech update.

So no, this time is not different: there never were excuses for anything at all.
So his patreons voted for this? There's some real monkey paw shit right there. Just seems like something that big or take this long shouldn't be left up to fans. Character development and storylines are fine, but under the hood additions and new modes should be saved after the games story and characters are filled in.

But I don't know shit about game development.

Reactions: Ntrsugar

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It seems that this update had a paywall (correct me if I'm wrong), so it probably contributed to these figures to some extent.
DC always gives subscribers 24 hours official access before public release. So, yes, to an extent you are correct. Nearly all developers see an initial bump upon a new release - even if it's straight to public access.

That said - the Patreon post that talked about the update and what people should expect when they download the update was a public post --- so if after reading the public post of what was in it, people still subscribed thinking there was something more... that's on them.

beryn

May 8, 2017
View attachment 3694080
So?
Every creator on Patreon and any other site looses a lot of subscribers at the start of the month.
While I do hope there will be some response to this update, this most likely isn't it.
Look at at the amount at the end of June and then you are able to see if he has been hit or not.
Looking today does not show the real picture.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I gave up on this game a long time ago. I just don't understand why people kill their golden goose.
That's the opposite. The goose is alive and well.

So his patreons voted for this? There's some real monkey paw shit right there.
They definitely didn't vote for this. They voted for "tech update - complete overhaul guys, but don't worry: it will take 2-3 months only. Pinky promise".

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
So his patreons voted for this? There's some real monkey paw shit right there.
He repeatedly tried to sell it before it got okayed and the poll that decided it was basically "3~5 months work, better art and updates will be able to come out faster afterwards"
DC was hella horny for the tablet gooners.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
View attachment 3694080
31 days ago he had 4 thousand less subs. Patreon always dips at the beginning of every month for larger creators - it has to do with when people subscribe (for most subscribers their subscriptions renew on the day they subscribe) and soft-declines (their paypal or cc or debit doesn't have funds or need reauthorized), and over the course of the month the numbers increase.

We've had this conversation now 3 times in the past 2 hours or so - 79,596. You would think people would know how Patreon works after 8+ years.

But - yeah ... okay.

Corbous1

Sep 12, 2017
That's the opposite. The goose is alive and well.

They definitely didn't vote for this. They voted for "tech update - complete overhaul guys, but don't worry: it will take 2-3 months only. Pinky promise".
Fair enough. There's got to be a story there then. Either something dropped and severely delayed things or ...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is an incest patch required for v21?
Yes, and it hasn't been created - either rename the household characters to something that gets you off or use your imagination or wait until a fan or modder makes a patch, the old one doesn't work with v21 because of the new coding written with new variables, etc.

Reactions: Donkeybong
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes