unnammed

Oct 28, 2016
Lol, this is sad. I respect when devs take the hard decisions but this is beyond stupid. Brought back the game several years and now will slowly give out content that was already there. Very disappointing and especially after Taffy Tales weird AI stuff too. Re-writing code can be done in the same wave as developing it. You don't need to start off from scratch.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Lol, this is sad. I respect when devs take the hard decisions but this is beyond stupid. Brought back the game several years and now will slowly give out content that was already there. Very disappointing and especially after Taffy Tales weird AI stuff too. Re-writing code can be done in the same wave as developing it. You don't need to start off from scratch.
To be honest, I suspect if you told DC at the time that the tech update would have ended up like this, he probably would have written off the idea, squeezed out the remaining content updates on spaghetti code and started the other game he wants to make, on a better codebase. He's been itching to do a different game than SS for at least 6 years now (to my knowledge), but he backed himself into a corner with this tech update stuff and now he (quite rightly) has to see it through

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Count Morado

deniscapo

May 31, 2021
hi this is demo vercion of the game?,
I get to Debby Jenny's missions and she stays there. What happened? It's not the complete game. I missed something. Is the game broken or is it a rework?

Nasferon

Sep 11, 2017
you are still just a retard though

it's like saying, "I won't complain that somebody is murdering children on the other side of the street because they aren't my children"

One day you grow up, I believe ;)
Hyperbole aside, it's more like saying "I won't unfairly criticize something I'm not financially invested in because I haven't paid for the privilege to do so." It's an opinion. It's valid, just like everyone else's even if you don't agree with it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
try to keep it somewhat factual
That's asking a lot for some, isn't it?
I'm pretty sure he and his creation is the reason 30k patreons' future potential generation won't exist :D
Well... self-exclusion from the gene pool is a noble gesture in some cases, whether subscribers there or those who are not that are here.
does the incest Patch work for the Tech update?
No. It's been asked and answered over and over again. Last time was just the previous page. It's only been 5 days, not enough time for a fan or a modder to bother to take time out of their day and their schedule to deconstruct something to build a patch for other people for free. Patience is key.

Senigata - I'm going to have to resurrect my FAQ, aren't I? If I resurrect it, would you report the post to be added to OP? That way I don't have to repost it time and time again. I can just update it and we can all say "see FAQ in OP". LUL

Was this game only popular because of the incest?o_O:KEK:
Much of the popularity - yup. You didn't recognize this over the years?

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I mean i kinda knew the whole mom-sister was a popular thing with Debbie and Jenny but i dint expect people asking for a patch this much:LOL:
Keep asking for it,bros.
Get what you want,especially ask to the flower guy why inst out yet.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I mean i kinda knew the whole mom-sister was a popular thing with Debbie and Jenny but i dint expect people asking for a patch this much:LOL:
Isn't that what's asked for in every single game thread?
Incest, pregnancy, NTR, not necessarily in that order. Unless NTR is already prominently featured, in which case they'll ask for it to be removed.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
So after I un-watched the thread I got curious and I went through the changes we see in the current build compared to 0.20.16.
So here is what I see.

Mind you, I was hoping to see some mind boggling changes and a lot of "place holders" for things in the code.
Unfortunately I did not.
I'm sorry guys .. but I do not see 2 years worth of coding changes. It may be that there is far more to it (on a dev server or someone else's sytem) than what I have seen. But after having played though what is available and then looking at the code I just don't see it. More like a month or two worth of code changes. A TON of Art though. 2.2 GB of art compared to the old 1GB of art. But code? 1.3 MB of code compared to the old 29.5 MB of code.
A lot of re-organization of code. They've broken away from the traditional organization of 99% of renpy games. But still. Any decent coder could have written what is there in just a few weeks time. Obviously, if it is going to take up to 2 months between updates to get the tech update out, DC does not have a full time coder, if he has a coder at all.

Personally I'm writing off this game as another Big Brother. I hope I am wrong about it but I just don't see it worth my while to hold my breath over this one.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
So after I un-watched the thread I got curious and I went through the changes we see in the current build compared to 0.20.16.
So here is what I see.

Mind you, I was hoping to see some mind boggling changes and a lot of "place holders" for things in the code.
Unfortunately I did not.
I'm sorry guys .. but I do not see 2 years worth of coding changes. It may be that there is far more to it (on a dev server or someone else's sytem) than what I have seen. But after having played though what is available and then looking at the code I just don't see it. More like a month or two worth of code changes. A TON of Art though. 2.2 GB of art compared to the old 1GB of art. But code? 1.3 MB of code compared to the old 29.5 MB of code.
A lot of re-organization of code. They've broken away from the traditional organization of 99% of renpy games. But still. Any decent coder could have written what is there in just a few weeks time. Obviously, if it is going to take up to 2 months between updates to get the tech update out, DC does not have a full time coder, if he has a coder at all.

Personally I'm writing off this game as another Big Brother. I hope I am wrong about it but I just don't see it worth my while to hold my breath over this one.
It's called dA EngiNE!!! I'll allow DC's employees who moderate and provide the noise in this thread to explain to you what that is.
3 years of back breaking work went into the dA EngiNE. $2.2 million. You just don't have what it takes to understand dA EngiNE and it's all there or else it wouldn't be dA EngiNE, it would just be regular code that supports regular parts of the story.

Remember. It's the $2.2 million EngiNE!!!

Marphey

May 13, 2019
Maybe instead of painting wallpapers for suc.....ehm supporters he shoudl have focus on organizing his team and working on the game and maybe we would have something that you can actually call update.

Reactions: harem.king

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I've tried to mostly stay out of the dogpile because I agree the update was dogshit, but has anyone else noticed the absolutely Herculean effort on the download page to put lipstick on this pig?:

1717532268264.png

That right there is what we call "deceptive marketing", kids. Just look at all that bright text in the preview version, and how many more green checks there are! Why would you ever download the old crappy version, what with its piddling features like "All content available" and "Music and Sound". Who plays games for their story and music? Not you, savvy consumer, you're in it for that smooth input and load times.

Side tangent, my last job pulled the same garbage during the union recruitment seminar. In the breakdown of union vs. non-union there were like three lines dedicated to salary and benefits (which were the same for both groups) followed by twenty or so lines with garbage like "Be able to make a difference by participating in union votes!" It was about as subtle as the metaphorical brick they were not-so-subtly threatening us with if we didn't join the union.

Marphey

May 13, 2019
I've tried to mostly stay out of the dogpile because I agree the update was dogshit, but has anyone else noticed the absolutely Herculean effort on the download page to put lipstick on this pig?:

View attachment 3705198

That right there is what we call "deceptive marketing", kids. Just look at all that bright text in the preview version, and how many more green checks there are! Why would you ever download the old crappy version, what with its piddling features like "All content available" and "Music and Sound". Who plays games for their story and music? Not you, savvy consumer, you're in it for that smooth input and load times.

Side tangent, my last job pulled the same garbage during the union recruitment seminar. In the breakdown of union vs. non-union there were like three lines dedicated to salary and benefits (which were the same for both groups) followed by twenty or so lines with garbage like "Be able to make a difference by participating in union votes!" It was about as subtle as the metaphorical brick they were not-so-subtly threatening us with if we didn't join the union.
Lol the audicity that DC has is astounding.

Reactions: hanzx

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
Was this game only popular because of the incest?o_O:KEK:
Obviously. Debbie written quite well for mommy character unlike 90% of such games.
So here is what I see.

Unfortunately I did not.

I would like to read actual analysis of code changes done by experienced Python / RenPy coder. To justify that all this 2.5 years were just milking we need actual evidence.

cs2468

Sep 13, 2017
How would one convert the PYC to PY files to edit, if they wanted to look at the code? It looks like scenes are still in rpy files, but it looks like the navigation and variables are in PYC files.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes