DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Sounds like a scam with extra steps.

Also if you aren't trolling he still wouldve made income from the content updates.
There wasn't all that much content left to do, at least not with the much more sizeable updates we got before all the pre-tech bullshit. Sure, he could artificially stretch it by adding more on top, but that would require more work.
The remake approach is minimal effort and apparently minimal risk, unless we see a sudden drop in subscriber count next month, which I doubt.

AkaiZero

Mar 14, 2018
You gotta wonder something he spend 2 years fixing the tech stuff. But he himself only draws while other people do the tech stuff. So why did he not draw new art in that time?
But he did draw new art though, probably for future content which who know when it will come

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
There wasn't all that much content left to do, at least not with the much more sizeable updates we got before all the pre-tech bullshit. Sure, he could artificially stretch it by adding more on top, but that would require more work.
The remake approach is minimal effort and apparently minimal risk, unless we see a sudden drop in subscriber count next month, which I doubt.
Except no sane person gets halfway through finishing a game only to completely wipe and redo it from scratch because they want to make the fucking screen bigger. Finish the fucking game first before you go ahead and start redoing it. Also nobody asked for this over actual content.

And I will still standby the fact he wouldve still made money regardless.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Except no sane person gets halfway through finishing a game only to completely wipe and redo it from scratch because they want to make the fucking screen bigger. Finish the fucking game first before you go ahead and start redoing it. Also nobody asked for this over actual content.

And I will still standby the fact he wouldve still made money regardless.
No sane person eh?
Not sure how many Patreon devs you just called insane, but there are quite a few projects that were or still are remastered, or had scenes redone, added or removed, visuals reworked and whatnot before the game was ever finished.
As far as I understand the tech update was actually voted for, but of course nobody knew it would take this long and come out this badly.

And yes, he would've made money regardless. Until the game was finished.
That was over 2 years ago so he would've been finished by now and need a new project, preferably one that was far enough along for people to play. Instead he's slowly readding content he already has available, which is a whole lot easier and requires very little effort.

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
No sane person eh?
Not sure how many Patreon devs you just called insane, but there are quite a few projects that were or still are remastered, or had scenes redone, added or removed, visuals reworked and whatnot before the game was ever finished.
As far as I understand the tech update was actually voted for, but of course nobody knew it would take this long and come out this badly.

That was over 2 years ago so he would've been finished by now and need a new project, preferably one that was far enough along for people to play. Instead he's slowly readding content he already has available, which is a whole lot easier and requires very little effort.
Except they didnt take 3 years because of a completely incompetent and naive dev.

This game will never be finished as long the cow has income, so not sure wtf you talking about.

That was over 2 years ago so he would've been finished by now and need a new project
oH89G7z.gif

Reactions: Seira and s333d

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
The patch needs an update. It says this:

"
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/patch.rpy", line 24: invalid syntax
what = re.sub(ur"(?<!Aunt )Diane", u"Aunt Diane", what, 0, re.IGNORECASE)
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Wed Jun 5 22:29:35 2024"

Reactions: hornydrifter

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Except they didnt take 3 years because of a completely incompetent and naive dev.
Of course they did, fucking Seeds of Chaos for instance has been 8 years in the making just for their first act and spent the majority of it changing and redoing their system and endlessly changing and adding scenes.
Plenty of Patreon games do it and few of them ever get to a point where it's done.

This game will never be finished as long the cow has income, so not sure wtf you talking about.
Then what are you arguing with me about?
You were the one wondering why DC "decided to remake the entire fucking game rather then actually finish the fucking content instead". My point was that finishing it was not the goal from the beginning.

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
Of course they did, fucking Seeds of Chaos for instance has been 8 years in the making just for their first act and spent the majority of it changing and redoing their system and endlessly changing and adding scenes.
Plenty of Patreon games do it and few of them ever get to a point where it's done.

You were the one wondering why DC "decided to remake the entire fucking game rather then actually finish the fucking content instead". My point was that finishing it was not the goal from the beginning.
You were the who started this so don't even go there. I was simply pointing out the stupidity in the situation.

Ok and? This isn't seeds of chaos though isn't it? Also that doesnt make it the "right way". My argument was, whatever way or direction he went in it still would've had the same result. And you literally said so yourself finishing was not the goal.

Also, stop the wise-ass comments and shilling you aren't fooling anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seira

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
You were the who started this so don't even go there. I was simply pointing out the stupidity in the situation.

Ok and? Mine was, whatever way or direction he went in it still would've had the same result.

Also, stop the wise ass comments and shilling you aren't fooling anyone.
Ok, so now I'm shilling because you're arguing in circles?
Since you can't decide whether DC should've just finished the content or will never finish the content anyway it's probably best if I just leave you to whatever the fuck you're trying to get across.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Reactions: Count Morado

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
Ok, so now I'm shilling because you're arguing in circles?
Since you can't decide whether DC should've just finished the content or will never finish the content anyway it's probably best if I just leave you to whatever the fuck you're trying to get across.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Denial is a hell of a drug. If you weren't shilling why were you getting all defensive when I called DC insane?

Anyway, bye retard.

Ryuukun

Jan 18, 2018
The patch needs an update. It says this:

"
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/patch.rpy", line 24: invalid syntax
what = re.sub(ur"(?<!Aunt )Diane", u"Aunt Diane", what, 0, re.IGNORECASE)
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Wed Jun 5 22:29:35 2024"
Man, if only you would have read the previous page. Or the one before... Or the 40+ ones before, where people keep asking for the Incest Patch.... You would have seen such patch does not exist for the "new" version of Summertime Saga...

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
Man, if only you would have read the previous page. Or the one before... Or the 40+ ones before, where people keep asking for the Incest Patch.... You would have seen such patch does not exist for the "new" version of Summertime Saga...
You expect me to read how many pages to find my answer. Yeah Sure buddy... Sure.

HentKingdom

Jan 14, 2023
Not only did the Dev not put ANY new material in the game. He removed all but the mother and sister from the game. And will be dribbling out the original material every two months at a time
LMFAO
You gotta wonder something he spend 2 years fixing the tech stuff. But he himself only draws while other people do the tech stuff. So why did he not draw new art in that time?

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes