SpringKing

Aug 30, 2019
So I haven't played the game for years. Did this new "tech update" just break the entire game? It doesn't seem like much changed in the tech update so I'm wondering why a lot of the content isn't implemented? Is it just them taking their time like usual or something fundamentally different that keeps them from keeping a bunch of the content?

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
So I haven't played the game for years. Did this new "tech update" just break the entire game? It doesn't seem like much changed in the tech update so I'm wondering why a lot of the content isn't implemented? Is it just them taking their time like usual or something fundamentally different that keeps them from keeping a bunch of the content?
Game is getting remaked, that's why.

Reactions: SpringKing

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I have no idea if it's a bug but I'm stuck in the main story. I'm playing version 0.20.16 and have spied on the factory grounds for the first time. I was caught there by Harold and his assistant. What happens next?

sara22112000

Jun 16, 2024
Do you recommend me to play the game?

Because I only play finished games
I have been waiting for this game to end for three years and it seems that it will continue forever

Note that if i played and finished it until the latest update was released
I will never go back to her

That's why I only play finished games

Should I wait a few more years or enjoy what comes out of it?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

I have been waiting for this game to end for three years and it seems that it will continue forever

This game will probably never be "finished" as you would define it. The developer has stated for over 7 years that until they no longer have ideas and fans no longer have ideas, they will likely keep adding to this game. Also, with the tech update setting back everything, it's still a year or longer until the next the content updates will even begin to be released.

sara22112000

Jun 16, 2024
This game will probably never be "finished" as you would define it. The developer has stated for over 7 years that until they no longer have ideas and fans no longer have ideas, they will likely keep adding to this game. Also, with the tech update setting back everything, it's still a year or longer until the next the content updates will even begin to be released.
last update was year ago ?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
last update was year ago ?
What are you talking about?

v0.20.16 has all the content so far. It was released in October 2022.

The first tech update preview (v0.21.0.0-wip.4468) was released last month. It only has a very small amount of content you'll find in v0.20.16.

Once the tech update has all the current content available (at least a year from now... Probably longer), then Rhonda's update, Annie's update, and Judith's update are each planned after.

Easily 2026 or 2027 for those to be done... And then there will be more updates after that.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I did some regression using past data and my estimate is around November 2029 for the tech update (not including Rhonda/Annie/update/Judith updates). Until then there will be no new content.
You "did some regression" on someone's self-reported data, of which the values of that data have not been consistent for the past 3 years (1% pre November 2023 ≠ 1% post November 2023, also 1% pre November 2022 in one area of tasks did not necessarily = 1% pre November 2022 in another task for the same area of tasks).

You may end up being correct, but it would be more from luck than from maths. Good luck.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

"Tyrone version" killed me :KEK:

redjoe23

Nov 2, 2019

Honestly, I would recommend just staying away.

I've been playing V21 (slowly), intending to give a review once I'm done. Summertime Saga is in a paradoxical state. It set the standard for many of the games you see on F95. At the same time, playing it today (even in it's "tech upgrade" state) feels like playing a weird retro game. Summertime Saga in 2024 is like driving a Model T.

Hoopsneedle

Dec 13, 2020

I definitely would. Frustration, hate, and personal preference aside, it's still one of the very best hand-drawn adult VN/ adventures out there. There's a reason he has so much support on Patreon. And there wouldn't be so much anger about the very slow pace of current development if the game was crap.
With all the content available, this game could easily be considered complete for years. And noone really cares for the main story. DC is just leaving it open because a ridiculous amount of people continue to support this project... I mean, who wouldn't?
If you take your time and don't cheat or skip anything, you'll already have enough material for several dozen hours of play. More than many AAA games have. And not just boring reading marathons. You get hundreds of scenes, 44 characters with a total of almost 160 animated sex scenes.
Im not defending how DC runs this project or how he treats his supporters...these are just facts.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
What means the text NO HINTS FOR THIS QUEST? Is the relevant quest finished or not completed?
Which quest? you only have the first day and 2 storylines, bro: Jenny's and Debbie's, and the latter is still missing a few old scenes.

So, some people still haven't grasped that playing this last "update" is like wandering through a ghost town, chasing the phantoms of stories and characters that are missing.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes