Jade Falcon

Aug 1, 2017
Just rename it to 1-4-LT1.save. Then it should appear in the 4th slot on the 1st page.

Yes. Different contents in those files. Its like if you have two books with the same title but different authors, its highly likely that their content will be different. The existing file would correspond to the steps you've taken in game until the point that you decided to save, and the new file (downloaded one) would be the steps taken by the uploader until the point they decided to save.

On copy-pasting/moving a file (in this case the save file) into a folder (in this case game/saves) Windows would check if the same file name exists. If it does it presents you with a few options.
1. Overwrite the existing file. You would lose the old file and the new file would take its place.
2. Rename the new file. The new file would get (2) or a similar number appended to its name depending on the number of existing files with the same name.
3. Skip. This would abort the copy process and nothing would be done.

(I believe these are the options provided by Windows)

The Summertime Saga game doesn't recognize any given save file in the saves folder. It needs to follow a specific naming convention to be picked up by the game. This is why files with something like (2) at the end of their name are not picked up.
You have explained that beautifully, and I sincerely appreciate your time and patience in doing so. Thank you.

Reactions: TMWSTW and sunday

Bitteri

May 5, 2017
Running the 0.14.5.2 version and got stuck. Can't go to sleep 'cos "I still have something I need to do before I can sleep", but there's nothing I can do. Can't go to the city map or do anything at the house.

Any console commands to "force" to go to sleep or something to go around this?

Zero919

May 2, 2017
while fishing I caught a fish can't pull it up. The arrowkeys do not work (don't react). does anyone had this problem?
the new version (0.14.5.2) and save too. mods not installed.

Ijustwanttoplay

Nov 23, 2017
[Redacted said:
Triggered squad activate!!!

:D
Hahahahaha where do I sin up to this squad, and what is the weapon of choice? Also HOW changed is that mom, I am about to downlaod and find out anyways but still. in few words whats your opinion?

SheroSafwat

Jun 22, 2017
I really like the style of that game and i wish to see more games like this one for another kind like Puzzle or Adventure .. It is really good game

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I ran into 2 so far. Getting the MC's sister to ask about Clit toy, atfer completing steal some panties is messed up, shes already sitting on her bed and the 'mom wants you' question already comes up, I haven't caught mom masturbating so I keep answering nevermind.

Getting the milking book from the library, the MC says about asking the librarian I go to ask and the option for Milking isn't there, I didnt buy the 2nd grammar book so I may wait till I do then go back and try again.

I did get 0.14.52 and had to start anew, one would figure two things either DC keeps changing the game every update trying to use old saves simply are not going to work, or DC hasn't figured out how to solve this issue.
These work themselves out..... When I start out I go to school, till I meet everyone, including Kevin, then I spend to rest of the time going to his Aunts house, the Gym, the park for the rap-off,I keep repeating those, while going back home and to Eriks during the afternoon, and evenings for any events. I am sure there is a specific order in which to play the game but I am not going to do that. By the time Erik is getting beat-up I have max out Char, Strength, and just about Mauy Thai traning.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Saves from 0.14.5.1 to 0.14.5.2 DO NOT WORK as stated on OP. I had 0.14.5.1, but fishing is broke so updated to 0.14.5.2....and now saves won't work anymore. I hate this, it's swiftly putting me off this game for good, I'd already waited between versions 12 and 14.5.1 because of this crap.

rle68

May 28, 2017
Saves from 0.14.5.1 to 0.14.5.2 DO NOT WORK as stated on OP. I had 0.14.5.1, but fishing is broke so updated to 0.14.5.2....and now saves won't work anymore. I hate this, it's swiftly putting me off this game for good, I'd already waited between versions 12 and 14.5.1 because of this crap.
we all feel that pain.. but as many have stated before old saves CANNOT work in the new updates.. please spare me if its coded right stuff.. i dont disagree with you but in this case its wrong

he is writing new scenes to the initial builds.. therefore if you have already unlocked mom sis whoever then he updates mom and sis and you have to perform specific functions for chapters to unlock you have in effect broken the game..

its like writing a book if you write 5 chapters and publish same then rewrite chapters 1-3 , you have to re read the entire start or else down the line when the rewrites occur.. actions from the re write you will go huh?..

work is progress... hate it but with the cheat mode it isnt that hard to start over

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
we all feel that pain.. but as many have stated before old saves CANNOT work in the new updates.. please spare me if its coded right stuff.. i dont disagree with you but in this case its wrong

he is writing new scenes to the initial builds.. therefore if you have already unlocked mom sis whoever then he updates mom and sis and you have to perform specific functions for chapters to unlock you have in effect broken the game..

its like writing a book if you write 5 chapters and publish same then rewrite chapters 1-3 , you have to re read the entire start or else down the line when the rewrites occur.. actions from the re write you will go huh?..

work is progress... hate it but with the cheat mode it isnt that hard to start over
I think he's complaining more about the saves not working between 0.14.5.1 and 0.14.5.2, that should work no problem. If it doesn't I don't know what to say there.

rucky

Apr 4, 2017
0.14.5.1 save work with 0.14.5.2

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
I think he's complaining more about the saves not working between 0.14.5.1 and 0.14.5.2, that should work no problem. If it doesn't I don't know what to say there.
Correct, I accepted that major changes would mean saves don't work...but mere bug fix from 0.14.51 to 0.14.52 should indeed be made to work. There is no reason for them not too, since there was no story changes between two minor bug fixes.

I'm guessing that the save files themselves have a version number in them somewhere that is checked for in every update, no matter how small, even when clearly not needed.

It'd be nice if a modder could make something to alter that in a save file, (not stats) just the version check, with the caveat that it's at your own risk etc etc.

0.14.5.1 save work with 0.14.5.2
Nope it doesn't, at least for me, dunno about anyone else, otherwise why would I even bother to post such a thing?

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes