obibobi

May 10, 2017
Some of the stories that you do right at the start of the game, have been left completely untouched and unfinished in over a year. So I don't have patience any more which is why my original post said that I was done with SS for that reason and the conversation and just gone on from there :)
You are complaining that each update isn't eagle focused on one character while at the same time complaining that some minor thing you liked isn't getting more attention.

The thing is you are complaining about small things being added and at the same time complaining about stories not being continued not realizing that the small things are plot hooks, things to get people interested. Judith, the Principal, the twin Latino's, the fishermans wife, the Pizza makers wife, Iwanka, etc, these are all small updates, the creator throwing out new things.

But your what it really comes down to is you liking what most people do. The exception being the Mia and Eriks mom updates, those where common criticisms the creator has acknowledged. Entitled to complain about majority rule.

Reactions: CassidyPRO and r00m

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
If you're happy, then more power to you. But seriously, wou wouldn't want to miss fish girl and trump instead of more content on core characters, because they make the game more fun?
Did you want to fuck an orc instead of finish your third lot of french homework and fuck the hot teacher who's been cockblocked for 18 months?
The development choices have been shocking, the updates have been getting shorter and less detailed, we've lost the x-ray shots in new patches, and we keep getting new characters that nobody gives a shit about. And it hasn't all been voted for.
Hey, speak for yourself, I love the monster girls stuff! But yea it would have been nice if they could have fleshed out some of the other characters, but at least the home content has been good. I wouldn't mind so much if the saves didn't reset every update, that is what gets me more than anything, because DC is producing all the art on his own and working his ass off almost every day to put out quality content. A lot of the stuff he has to do is background art and items as well, so that takes a lot of time and affects how much time he can spend on the characters themselves. I'm sure if he just did everyone's stories on a shitty background with placeholder items the main thrust of the game would be done by now.

You're ignoring half the content I'm highlighting. And bollocks are most people, yourself included, happy with how the development time as been spent in the last 6 months compared to if he had done a proper full Mia, Erik's mom, Roxy, and teacher update that didn't involve erik's tiny cock, june, orc shit, nun spanking, trump, fish girl and unused locations. None of which has made the game better compared to where else the time could have gone.
You don't like the nun storyline? Okay I think we are done here. Seems nothing will make you happy besides having Roxxy done. Personally I would like to see Judith's story finished, but I know we're probably not gonna see that for like another year or even two, and I'm okay with that because that's not what the patrons want to see. Also HBO and Netflix shows are a totally different animal. They have way more leeway than network shows because they're usually given only to people who are at the pinnacle of their fields. Studio execs tell their untested network shows all the time what they do and don't want to see, and they're analogous to patrons cuz they have the money.

alexvanee

Dec 30, 2017
hey,
i can't play poker. Erik says i have to find someone to play with i know i have to do it whit mrs.Jhonsons but when i ask her where Erik is she says in the basement but he is in his room shearching for the card, could someone help me?

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
hey,
i can't play poker. Erik says i have to find someone to play with i know i have to do it whit mrs.Jhonsons but when i ask her where Erik is she says in the basement but he is in his room shearching for the card, could someone help me?
You've probably accepted the mission to find him his missing card by clicking too fast through shit. Check down in the cellar again, in the room past the poker table room. Click around.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
Make up your mind. First it was extras, then it's proper content, and now it's extras again.

Once again, I will be specific and clear, the (very well funded) development time spent on Trump, Fish, Orc, June, new unused locations, and reworking a mom story that was perfectly fine as it was - should have been spent on finishing existing stories and characters.
Sadly for you, thats not for you to decide. That kind of thing is decided by patrons via poll. The patrons voted for a rework on mom story. If the majority decides, thats what DC does. AND the majority overwhelmingly voted for mom's rework. June was also a fruit of ppl asking DC for it. Aqua was a halloween update, which was a surprise as more of a "marketing move".

The problem is.. the existing stories and characters are getting undervoted against previous ones.. There are also improovements for Mia, june and ms johnson being planned. :)

You're ignoring half the content I'm highlighting. And bollocks are most people, yourself included, happy with how the development time as been spent in the last 6 months compared to if he had done a proper full Mia, Erik's mom, Roxy, and teacher update that didn't involve erik's tiny cock, june, orc shit, nun spanking, trump, fish girl and unused locations. None of which has made the game better compared to where else the time could have gone.

Sry.. but the numbers do not corroborate what you're saying. Ppl are enjoying the updates. ( the alst one was a success in terms of apreciation lol).

The majority of ppl pledgin are happy about it.. So, sry if you are not happy.. maybe SS isnt for you after all. :)

Some of the stories that you do right at the start of the game, have been left completely untouched and unfinished in over a year. So I don't have patience any more which is why my original post said that I was done with SS for that reason and the conversation and just gone on from there :)

As i said.. the game isnt for you.. Try it once it is finished a few years from now. Because ppl are not gonna change their votes any time soon lol.

Extremely rarely will a publisher say what the next chapter, episode, film in a trilogy etc. should focus on
Imagine George Martin asking his publisher, or tv execs, or the fans of the show, which character he should kill off next and then blindly going with the outcome of a poll.

I simply cant believe you made such an argument lmao.

Wow.. You dor ealize its completly different, right? DC has no contract with his supporters. ppl pledge if they like his work, so he does what ppl like... You are just butthurt about it lol.

Reactions: r00m and yoyomistro

kongflcl

Jan 14, 2018
I simply cant believe you made such an argument lmao.

Wow.. You dor ealize its completly different, right? DC has no contract with his supporters. ppl pledge if they like his work, so he does what ppl like... You are just butthurt about it lol.
He has a very valid point. Sure it appeases those that pledge, and its good fan interaction but it does harm storytelling. Maybe I'm butthurt too but this is one of the things I really dislike ab Patreon. I'd really just like to see what the creator comes up with next, when you have polls deciding future direction, 90% of the time I can't help but think it would have been better had the creator came up with the direction himself.

Reactions: saolo996

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
He has a very valid point. Sure it appeases those that pledge, and its good fan interaction but it does harm storytelling. Maybe I'm butthurt too but this is one of the things I really dislike ab Patreon. I'd really just like to see what the creator comes up with next, when you have polls deciding future direction, 90% of the time I can't help but think it would have been better had the creator came up with the direction himself.
That's why 0.15 is going to be such a huge update with so many characters having a place in it: DC realised it and decided to involve a lot of characters.
A lot of characters will have a role in the teachers' quests. And some of them will be involved with some kind of "lewd moments": as far as we know DC's streams revealed that MC will interact with Judith, Erik, Annie, the principal, Sis, Roxxy, the gym teacher and Kevin for sure.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
But thats not a good point at all. Without those supporters, the game would NEVER be created. Its not a matter of "harming storytelling". Its business. Patrons are DC's stackholders, so he is working focusing on their interests. Its just how business works. IF he had an specific contract, that might have been different. But he doesnt.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
But thats not a good point at all. Without those supporters, the game would NEVER be created.
Why wouldn't it? The first releases and idea for the game etc. came without asking the group of patrons what they want included. And he still adds content now that isn't asked for or in a poll, you think the majority of his 'stakeholders' are giving him money each month because they want aqua, orc sex, trump, and being able to visit 10 different locations that do nothing?
The volume of people giving him money each month will absolutely not have a strong correlation to him doing the content that's top of a poll at all. Not to mention that the polls have limited options too. Look at the latest one that has you choose between Sis, Aunt, Erik, Dating System as the options. Nothing there about completing or expanding on questlines that have been stalled for a year.
It's like, I've done half of A, B and C, now you patrons get to choose what I do next, is it a short update on D, E or F?

Reactions: Arap12 and saolo996

obibobi

May 10, 2017
The game throws out lots of ideas and the popular one's get expanded. The little things are new ideas DC puts out to set things up for other updates to see if anyone is interested. The Roxxy update is popular because of a small shower scene he added so these things are clearly not a waste of time.

You just seem to have an issue with things you want expanded not being expanded, you don't have any coherent argument

Reactions: r00m
U

User_215882

The polls don't don't alter the story at all. Every update poll is something that DC and his staff want to do but they allow their supporters to choose what they would like to see next. Patreon is just a fundraising site to use for your creation and DC has been using those funds fairly well depending on when you started following him.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
You just seem to have an issue with things you want expanded not being expanded, you don't have any coherent argument
Argument is perfectly coherent, there have been questline/story arcs/characters in the game for over 12 months, that you're forced to begin as part of the game that then hit a literal wall of "under construction". And every time the game is updated, it doesn't add anything at all to them, but makes you play them again. The developer is not continuing with them outside of polls (but does do other content outside of the polls), they aren't given as options in the polls (and even if they are, just doing content on highest poll option is a development model that will disgruntle a lot of people).
Going back to my OP, I said i was pretty much done with SS for that reason, all my replies since have just been explaining why.
Nobody has given a fair argument that decent development time and money that has been spent on fish girl, orc sex, trump sex, and implementing unused locations is a better use of those resources than continuing or finishing quests that start but don't go any further.

U

User_215882

Orc sex was with a school girl. Fish girl was a Halloween special that fans liked. Mayor Rump is a character. And unused locations will become used locations at some point. Why not get them done now then wait especially if they get used in the next update. All of this is something he wanted to do and then fans really liked. Its fine to have some fan service here and there. Game is 20 percent done and youre about to finish one quest next update. Again if you want to finish certain quests you have to vote for the update that has them. So for prom people need to vote for the dating system. For the sports quest you need to vote for Rhonda.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Argument is perfectly coherent, there have been questline/story arcs/characters in the game for over 12 months, that you're forced to begin as part of the game that then hit a literal wall of "under construction". And every time the game is updated, it doesn't add anything at all to them, but makes you play them again. The developer is not continuing with them outside of polls (but does do other content outside of the polls), they aren't given as options in the polls (and even if they are, just doing content on highest poll option is a development model that will disgruntle a lot of people).
Going back to my OP, I said i was pretty much done with SS for that reason, all my replies since have just been explaining why.
Nobody has given a fair argument that decent development time and money that has been spent on fish girl, orc sex, trump sex, and implementing unused locations is a better use of those resources than continuing or finishing quests that start but don't go any further.
That's not coherent. Not only have you given no clue as to what could make you happy, if anything you've given the impression that you will complain no matter what.

If he works on making a route detailed you are complaining that they aren't focusing on other routes.

If he focused on wrapping up the dozens of irrelevant under construction prompts (which shouldn't be a major complaint) you will complain that no effort was put in.

Even your examples. Fish girl was a full route, Eriks girlfriend was part of his route but the Trump thing was a joke that he probably enjoyed adding, oh no. You are being one of THOSE GUYS, the hypercritical that get worked up about things no sensible person should. I would rather a creator add a few extra days and make this stuff rather than burn out or do nothing.

Reactions: j4yj4m and Imskel

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
That's not coherent. Not only have you given no clue as to what could make you happy, if anything you've given the impression that you will complain no matter what.

If he works on making a route detailed you are complaining that they aren't focusing on other routes.

If he focused on wrapping up the dozens of irrelevant under construction prompts (which shouldn't be a major complaint) you will complain that no effort was put in.

Even your examples. Fish girl was a full route, Eriks girlfriend was part of his route but the Trump thing was a joke that he probably enjoyed adding, oh no. You are being one of THOSE GUYS, the hypercritical that get worked up about things no sensible person should. I would rather a creator add a few extra days and make this stuff rather than burn out or do nothing.
If you don't understand it, that doesn't make it not coherent. That means you don't understand it. Other people agree with my point, so I'm not alone.
You're basically agreeing with my assessment of what he's done, in terms of decision making on what to spend development resource, time, and money on. The only thing you disagree on is that you are happy with the choices and think it's worth it whereas I think it's been poor choices.

Visualise a bar chart, where every potentially fuckable character is an individual line, and look at how many there are, how many have been started which ones have finished and where are still incomplete, and look at when any interaction with them was last updated. Then look at the last 6 months of development to see where the time has gone on new characters vs progressing some of those incomplete lines.

d0ct0rd00m

Aug 5, 2017
Dont devs usually complete the content of a game before adding more? Seems to be the big issue with Summertime Saga, always adding more but never finishing what is there.

Like shit when will i finally get to finish my homework and fuck my teacher. damn

or

when will that lifeguard finally fuck me raw............ been ages since she was in there and could get blowjobs from her

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes