j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
If you're happy, then more power to you. But seriously, wou wouldn't want to miss fish girl and trump instead of more content on core characters, because they make the game more fun?
Did you want to fuck an orc instead of finish your third lot of french homework and fuck the hot teacher who's been cockblocked for 18 months?
The development choices have been shocking, the updates have been getting shorter and less detailed, we've lost the x-ray shots in new patches, and we keep getting new characters that nobody gives a shit about. And it hasn't all been voted for.
First DC wants to make as many people happy as possible and he was talking about the monster girl for more than half a year before aqua actually was introduced. So it was bound to happen, just as the whole orc thing is a small meme in the stream and I actually had a good laugh when I saw the minigame and June.
Else I really disagree with the quality - the animations have gotten a lot (lot!) better and he's doing things way more detailed then he did in the very first updates.

It's clear that he doesn't match your prefecence right now but it's wrong to assume that that's how everybody thinks.

Reactions: r00m

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
The animations have a lot more frames in them now. The only thing I'm missing is the interior shot that the earlier scenes have.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The animations have a lot more frames in them now. The only thing I'm missing is the interior shot that the earlier scenes have.
He recently said he'll do them all at once at some point and I'd guess that's actually something he could hire somebody for.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
First DC wants to make as many people happy as possible and he was talking about the monster girl for more than half a year before aqua actually was introduced. So it was bound to happen, just as the whole orc thing is a small meme in the stream and I actually had a good laugh when I saw the minigame and June.
Else I really disagree with the quality - the animations have gotten a lot (lot!) better and he's doing things way more detailed then he did in the very first updates.

It's clear that he doesn't match your prefecence right now but it's wrong to assume that that's how everybody thinks.
So, just to be perfectly clear, you'd rather have the fish girl, orc sex, trump sex, adding 10 additional locations that you can't do anything with, and the mom rework as 6 months of paid for developed content, instead of a continuation of any of the original character stories that have been left alone since the early days of the game?
When some of the earliest quests you are forced to do in the game, go literally nowhere (PE teacher, French teacher, Roxy, Ronda, Lifeguard, Cult, Principle) and any of them could have been developed by now instead.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah I know, and I get that. The problem with democracy though, is a big chunk of people always lose out!
And again, you compare to other media (books, TV series, films etc.) and how they produce quality content, it is not by asking the fans what they want next.
Also I don't think any fans voted for the whole mom arc to be reworked, over say, sorting Roxy out. Did they?
As for the mom stuff, I don't know but I imagine it happened because people were hoping for a more fleshed out story with mom, who is arguably a very major and important character in the story, over Roxy, who hasn't had much to do yet. But again, I don't know, I'm not a patron of theirs so I can't be sure. As for the whole democracy, you're right but that's the nature of the beast. They decided that they wanted their patrons to have their own input into their game and they figured that polling their intended audience would be the best way to do that.

That being said, while you make a good example of books, TV, etc., it is also an unfair comparison, as they're very different mediums. Whereas a TV series will get its funding from a studio, the developers of STS are crowdfunded, so to speak, and so have much more to answer for if the game sucks. Rather than worrying about any investors in the studio being upset over their investment into the production, they have to worry about their audience, who is their investors, being upset and withdrawing their support. But, regardless, you have a good point. I would prefer it if they would focus on the primary characters, as I feel like there's still more to do with Aunt Diane, and there's a good chance that they'll rework the sister's storyline now that they've reworked the mother's. After they finish the more immediate, and slightly distant, family, with some bonus content for the friends and neighbors and such, then they should probably focus on everyone else. However, in doing this they will limit themselves in the scope of their game for a while, so ultimately it is a bit of give and take.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So, just to be perfectly clear, you'd rather have the fish girl, orc sex, trump sex, adding 10 additional locations that you can't do anything with, and the mom rework as 6 months of paid for developed content, instead of a continuation of any of the original character stories that have been left alone since the early days of the game?
When some of the earliest quests you are forced to do in the game, go literally nowhere (PE teacher, French teacher, Roxy, Ronda, Lifeguard, Cult, Principle) and any of them could have been developed by now instead.
All of the locations will be used at some point and a lot of them are drawn on stream when DC has nothing else that's not a spoiler to draw anymore before an update is released. Since at least I see the streams as integral part of what I'm paying for that's fine for me.

The mom update was nice, had a lot of content and basically concluded her story so it's good. To me it doesn't matter if he does it now or sometime later. The Aqua update was ok for halloween and I actually enjoyed the riddles. Of course it's optional content but I don't really mind. The Trump scene will have cost him a few hours (maybe a day) of work and was a gag, nothing to worry about here. It's those small things which actually make the game feel "alive" and not as static and "boring" as many others.

When it comes to the other stories DC could of course have done it like for example KST (the twist) and simply introduce 2 or 3 characters at first, elaborate their story and only introcude more characters when he sees fit. DC choose the other option and thus we'll have to live with it. I don't mind that much since I know they'll get their story at some point and at least we know what we can look forward to.

And again, people voted for Mia, Roxxy, Sister and Mom instead of the Cult and others and thus I can't say I mind. You'll see that Diane is very likely going to be next unless DC manages to promote the cult (actually the one he seems to be really looking forward to) enough to be more popular.

Just to be clear, I'm not a huge fan of additional family content compared to others and would have liked to see Mia's 2nd update first but I can't say that I'm angry or even disappointed. We'll get the content and that's what counts.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
All of the locations will be used at some point and a lot of them are drawn on stream when DC has nothing else that's not a spoiler to draw anymore before an update is released. Since at least I see the streams as integral part of what I'm paying for that's fine for me.

The mom update was nice, had a lot of content and basically concluded her story so it's good. To me it doesn't matter if he does it now or sometime later. The Aqua update was ok for halloween and I actually enjoyed the riddles. Of course it's optional content but I don't really mind. The Trump scene will have cost hom a few hours (maybe a day) of work and was a gag, nothing to worry about here. It's those small things which actually make the game feel "alive" and not as static and "boring" as many others.

When it comes to the other stories DC could of course have done it like for example KST (the twist) and simply introduce only 2 or 3 characters and only introcude more characters when he sees fit. DC choose the other option and thus we'll have to live with it. I don't mind that much since I know they'll get their story at some point and at least we know what we can look forward to.

And again, people voted for Mia, Roxxy, Sister and Mom instead of the Cult and others and thus I can't say I mind. You'll see that Diane is very likely going to be next unless DC manages to promote the cult enough to be more popular.

Just to be clear, I'm not a huge fan of additional family content compared to others and would have liked to see Mia's 2nd update first but I can't say that I'm angry or even disappointed. We'll get the content and that's what counts.
You're playing down nearly all of the recent content as "small additional extras", we're talking months and months of full time development funded by thousands of dollars. All of the time spent on those "extras" could easily have resulted in proper content to characters we already cared about and stories that were already half written.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You're playing down nearly all of the recent content as "small additional extras", we're talking months and months of full time development funded by thousands of dollars. All of the time spent on those "extras" could easily have resulted in proper content to characters we already cared about.
Most of it was of course proper content and improved the game quite a bit (especially the mom story feels a lot more consistent now). As said, either you introduce those extras (like Aqua's story) now or you'll likely never get them.

Edit: And it's not that I don't like Aqua. I'm actually looking forward now to the her using her new "chair" as DC promised she'll do sometime in the future.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
Most of it was of course proper content and improved the game quite a bit (especially the mom story feels a lot more consistent now). As said, either you introduce those extras (like Aqua's story) now or you'll likely never get them.
Make up your mind. First it was extras, then it's proper content, and now it's extras again.

Once again, I will be specific and clear, the (very well funded) development time spent on Trump, Fish, Orc, June, new unused locations, and reworking a mom story that was perfectly fine as it was - should have been spent on finishing existing stories and characters.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Once again, I will be specific and clear, the (very well funded) development time spent on Trump, Fish, Orc, June, new unused locations, and reworking a mom story that was perfectly fine as it was - should have been spent on finishing existing stories and characters.
Well that's your opinion and given how DC's numbers are going others simply don't seem to share that view. Again, people voted on mom's story to be improved. He asks for opinions but in general it's DCs game and his patroens pay him to do what ever he wants. That's how it works.

Edit: And of course "additional extras" can improve the game. Are Aqua's story, minigames etc necessary? No. Do they make the game better? Yes.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
Well that's your opinion and given how DC's numbers are going others simply don't seem to share that view. Again, people voted on mom's story to be improved. He asks for opinions but in general it's DCs game and his patroens pay him to do what ever he wants. That's how it works.

Edit: And of course "additional extras" can improve the game. Are Aqua's story, minigames etc necessary? No. Do they make the game better? Yes.
You're ignoring half the content I'm highlighting. And bollocks are most people, yourself included, happy with how the development time as been spent in the last 6 months compared to if he had done a proper full Mia, Erik's mom, Roxy, and teacher update that didn't involve erik's tiny cock, june, orc shit, nun spanking, trump, fish girl and unused locations. None of which has made the game better compared to where else the time could have gone.

U

User_215882

Like it has been mentioned anything DC puts out for a vote is something he wants to do. What he does is what people vote for. If you don't like the update that's fine, but everything will eventually be in the game. Just have patience.

Just like there will be more content for say Mrs. Johnson, Mia, Helen and everyone else. The game is literally about 20 percent done.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Oh, one obviously need a base before you can introduce additional (fetish) content. Else I'll stop it here. If you are unhappy with the game stop pledging and it's fine.

Reactions: r00m and SengalBoi

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
Just have patience.
Some of the stories that you do right at the start of the game, have been left completely untouched and unfinished in over a year. So I don't have patience any more which is why my original post said that I was done with SS for that reason and the conversation and just gone on from there :)

mattius77

May 16, 2017
And again, you compare to other media (books, TV series, films etc.) and how they produce quality content, it is not by asking the fans what they want next.
The development and production of content in other media is directed by the people handing the content creators their bag of money. So that is consistent with a crowd-funded game being sort of at the whim of its patrons.

Whether that's wise or not is another discussion.

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
The development and production of content in other media is directed by the people handing the content creators their bag of money
Extremely rarely will a publisher say what the next chapter, episode, film in a trilogy etc. should focus on
Imagine George Martin asking his publisher, or tv execs, or the fans of the show, which character he should kill off next and then blindly going with the outcome of a poll.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The development and production of content in other media is directed by the people handing the content creators their bag of money.
Well, the difference is that those people don't expect "perfect" and usable/playable results along the way. It's a huge difference if you have to release an unfinshed game every one or two months or if you can work towards a goal without caring that much about what's happening in between for most of the time. You'll just do what you said you'll do and present a finished product at the end.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's no different than episodic television.
It somewhat is. Episodes are meant to be episodes and are meant to work as they do. Especially in H games on patreon you can't just release one or two updates without any significant H content even though that may have been a reasonable thing to do. We just have to look at for examples Mia's storyline to see that it was crippled to fit the release schedule and to include that final scene. Else there are things like the telescope which don't work properly because it's too much work to change them every update etc.

Reactions: parachina

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
It's no different than episodic television.
You're completely right. Episodic TV shows are well known for starting story arcs or main character development at the start of the show that suddenly stops for no reason, whilst people pay monthly to watch it, then every two months to watch the latest episode you have to watch the whole show again from the start, before a user poll asks a bunch of internet fans what they want in next month's episode.
No different at all.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes