LazyPanda

May 9, 2017
Holy shit, the patreon site: says it's under review by the patreon truest and safety team. The day we all have dread is here, they have come for our best incest. Hopefully they will just let them edit out the incest (step relations and such) and not completely sink the game.
looks like i'm 15min late...
Oh shit. OH SHIT.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
Hope DC prepared for this. After other big games got hit surely he would have known that they'd come after him soon.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
DarkCookie-Today at 7:00 PM

@Everyone Our Patreon page was hit by the content guideline review (suspended temporarely). I'm in contact with a Patreon rep about the issues they have with Summertime Saga and what can be done about it. I'm so sorry this happened right before we could wrap up 0.15 and release but I will keep you all updated as we go through this. Likely scenario is we have to edit the incest out (modify the story slightly with the names/family context) but we may go a different route. Regardless of the outcome, I will continue working on Summertime Saga until it is completed 100%. Nothing's stopping this train! Thanks for understanding and being amazing fans so far!

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Before you guys start spamming. Everyone is very much aware that SS is underreview. Please DO NOT start a whole thing in the comment section, just read the printscreen below and wait for news. We've done the Patreon conversation to death and there's nothing new to add.

IF someone starts talking about it, please ignore them and don't reply, just let it die.

upload_2018-3-2_3-16-8.png

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i wonder how they gonna turn the story

that gonna be hard based on the MC. or maybe they just delete all the family stuff and let it as a "environment family members" with nothing happen with them...

must say, i m very curious to see how DC will turn this

octotent

Aug 30, 2016
i wonder how they gonna turn the story

that gonna be hard based on the MC. or maybe they just delete all the family stuff and let it as a "environment family members" with nothing happen with them...

must say, i m very curious to see how DC will turn this
He'll probably turn them as family friends who let him move in after his father died, or something along those lines.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
He'll probably turn them as family friends who let him move in after his father died, or something along those lines.
mmh that would mean he didnt have mother and sister. soo all the money debt and troubles from his father will fall on him only :O
thats a huge change in the scenario...

Jan 5, 2018
DarkCookie-Today at 7:00 PM

@Everyone Our Patreon page was hit by the content guideline review (suspended temporarely). I'm in contact with a Patreon rep about the issues they have with Summertime Saga and what can be done about it. I'm so sorry this happened right before we could wrap up 0.15 and release but I will keep you all updated as we go through this. Likely scenario is we have to edit the incest out (modify the story slightly with the names/family context) but we may go a different route. Regardless of the outcome, I will continue working on Summertime Saga until it is completed 100%. Nothing's stopping this train! Thanks for understanding and being amazing fans so far!
Well on the upside f95zone is great place to find completely 100% unofficial mods/patches that restore content to games. ;)

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
Maybe I should start a hosting site for all these games and only charge a nominal upkeep fee . Who's with me I need some investors.

Reactions: Les_Riggs
May 3, 2017
lol best time to collect 20k/month for nothing!

Also recommend to check out the fan art page for this game. There are great people with great artworks!

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I was a matter of time. I thought DC did care what Patreon was going to do? Now he cares? He could do what the dev for DMD has done. DC already has a separate website for SS so just tell Patreon to F off, or tell them your taking the game down and starting another one, and keep making SS as intended.

He could also make a patch or someone maybe able to make a mod if DC sets the game up for that to be done without causing it to crash.

Reactions: yolo213

Ocumura

Mar 4, 2017
icstor dont have this problem he have a site for the preview of the new games what other creator have to do is that just make a site to do the preview and progress of the game and use patreon for the release of the game

Reactions: Paprika

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
icstor dont have this problem he have a site for the preview of the new games what other creator have to do is that just make a site to do the preview and progress of the game and use patreon for the release of the game
releasing the game on Patreon is EXACTLY the problem.
releasing the game somewhere else will fix it, but that mean no money for support the devlopment of the game.

its not dead anyway, read DC message. they will fix this fast. nothing to worry about and no reason to push this out of the actual situation.

Ocumura

Mar 4, 2017
releasing the game on Patreon is EXACTLY the problem.
releasing the game somewhere else will fix it, but that mean no money for support the devlopment of the game.

its not dead anyway, read DC message. they will fix this fast. nothing to worry about and no reason to push this out of the actual situation.
Am not saying is dead XD and well yeah icstor release the game in the other site to and let me explain XD they can use patreon for the money lol and them release the game in the site and done

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
Devs could release the games anywhere and receive the donations through Patreon, but most devs approach the release as a sale and not what the Patreon is about: donations to support an artist's work.
Most people give money only for support, not because they have to, just to get an early release or previews.
I know some people give money as a means to influence the dev, but still, most people do it for support when they could just get it for free.
On the other hand, Patreon site is just shameful: they sholdn't have that name, since patreon is an institution from the renaissance to support artistic freedom and creativity, not to censor it.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes