Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
as I expected this game is also undergoing Patreon's policy. They had activated their own site but has been under maintenance for at least 2 months. where can we see progress? also this game is intended for the section: Onhold?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
They had activated their own site but has been under maintenance for at least 2 months. where can we see progress? also this game is intended for the section: Onhold?
Their own side (or at least the wiki) was actually taken down by DC himself since he didn't want patreon to read about the explicit content. Well, that didn't work but at least there's a good chance we'll get it back now. The game will continue as it is without incest since it seems to be pretty easy to make it compatible - at least that's what DC has been saying so far. He expects the changes to be done by next week and hopefully patreon will allow his page back then so he can post further information to all those who aren't on discord/picarto.

LordEmping

Jul 1, 2017
noooo, i looking forward for aunt and sister update T^T. so what happen date for new update ? or we will wait another 2 months for update ??

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
noooo, i looking forward for aunt and sister update T^T. so what happen date for new update ? or we will wait another 2 months for update ??
Unless patreon demands something completely unexpected the next update should be released within the next weeks, more or less as planned. DC said that whole thing will add a few days since some art has to be changed (that's already done) and a lot of dialogs and poses have to be adapted (that's going on and he expects it to be done next week).

SM-Tyr

May 10, 2017
could anyone help me out with an up to date save.
Had to clean me computer and lost my save to end of last update :oops:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I look forward to enough patrons dropping this project so that it impacts DCs decision to move from fucking cancereon, people need to stop bending over and taking the shaft.
Oh, come on.

Yesterday while streaming DC said that he will move away from Patreon as soon as he finds a RELIABLE alternative.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
could anyone help me out with an up to date save.
Had to clean me computer and lost my save to end of last update :oops:
Here is one from DC's Discord channel:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But you have to be aware that there will be an update in a few weeks (likely within the next two) and so you'd have to replay the whole thing again to get the new content. So I'd rather wait for now and not play until the next update drops.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You can't access DC's Patreon page: how can you fund SS?
All he meant was that this month's transactions are save and weren't blocked by patreon. Of course there won't be any new patreons but those who are subscribed were charged as usual.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
One of these days people like DC and other good devs are just gonna give the finger to Patreon and find some other way of doing this shit....

Reactions: phreadom

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
as I expected this game is also undergoing Patreon's policy. They had activated their own site but has been under maintenance for at least 2 months. where can we see progress? also this game is intended for the section: Onhold?
He's starting a second game.

As it stands, the game being "reviewed" was only a matter of time. We could talk about Pyrrhic victories but some people wanted to bury their heads in the sand on how Patreon could fuck up a release.

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
So what's DC has been saying today on stream so far.

1. He'll comply with patreon's demands and start seaching for alternatives to patreon at the same time. He doesn't care about revenues that much but wants the alternative to be lasting and thus it's very likely going to stay on patreon for quite a while.
  2. He'll adapt the story and the content. We'll get to see the new content in 0.15.
  3. The "home stories" (Jenny and aunt Diane) will likely be stopped for now since he doesn't want to have to redo them again and he'll move on to Roxxy, the underground cult, mia etc.
  4. As soon as he finds another platform he'll change the game again to be as it was until now. So latest the final version will have everything that can't be included for now.
  5. He himself doesn't plan to release cheats, patches etc. that would/could reintroduce the removed content as long as the game is on patreon.
Well, I have just seen the bad news and been reading the thread. First of all, I can understand his position, I really can. If I were earning that much, I wouldn't want things to change, either. But, well, basically, what he is saying is that he is going to do everything Patreon asks (which includes changing the very basis of the story) and, in some future where a stable patreon-like platform is found, he will eventually return the changed content to the game.

Well, I have to be honest: it doesn't exactly seem credible, or soothing. First of all, if the priority had been keeping the story the same, he should have been actively looking for alternatives, since Patreon's new policy is not exactly breaking news. Many of you have said that he doesn't seem to be worried, or even that he "will find a way to keep everyone happy". Well, I sincerely doubt the latter. I guess the truth is he thinks he can keep the majority of his patrons by changing whatever Patreon demands. And, in the future, they will see. Again, I understand that he is thinking about the money (not just for him, but for the team he works with), but this choice is not going to keep "everyone happy".

This might work for some, but I would say not for many others. To me, incest is the main appeal of the game. And not just that, it's the very basis the story rests on: it's not just the father plot, which is the main one, and the fact that the MC takes his place (in every sense), but the first thing you see when starting the game is the MC "reacting" to watching the sister and the mom while being at home. I mean, incest was crucial, that's for sure. Can the game offer many other things? Sure, it can. It already has. And some of them are great and other very promising (the teachers' update does seem very juicy, indeed), but without this it loses a great part of its appeal. I don't know, I might still play the game —Darkcookie's art is really good and I don't doubt that they can provide some interesting non-incest-related content—, but my interest has waned (a lot).

That being said, I still hope DC has some ace up his sleeve and will be able to surprise everyone in the next update somehow.

rygrat

Jun 20, 2017
Well, I have just seen the bad news and been reading the thread. First of all, I can understand his position, I really can. If I were earning that much, I wouldn't want things to change, either. But, well, basically, what he is saying is that he is going to do everything Patreon asks (which includes changing the very basis of the story) and, in some future where a stable patreon-like platform is found, he will eventually return the changed content to the game.

Well, I have to be honest: it doesn't exactly seem credible, or soothing. First of all, if the priority had been keeping the story the same, he should have been actively looking for alternatives, since Patreon's new policy is not exactly breaking news. Many of you have said that he doesn't seem to be worried, or even that he "will find a way to keep everyone happy". Well, I sincerely doubt the latter. I guess the truth is he thinks he can keep the majority of his patrons by changing whatever Patreon demands. And, in the future, they will see. Again, I understand that he is thinking about the money (not just for him, but for the team he works with), but this choice is not going to keep "everyone happy".

This might work for some, but I would say not for many others. To me, incest is the main appeal of the game. And not just that, it's the very basis the story rests on: it's not just the father plot, which is the main one, and the fact that the MC takes his place (in every sense), but the first thing you see when starting the game is the MC "reacting" to watching the sister and the mom while being at home. I mean, incest was crucial, that's for sure. Can the game offer many other things? Sure, it can. It already has. And some of them are great and other very promising (the teachers' update does seem very juicy, indeed), but without this it loses a great part of its appeal. I don't know, I might still play the game —Darkcookie's art is really good and I don't doubt that they can provide some interesting non-incest-related content—, but my interest has waned (a lot).

That being said, I still hope DC has some ace up his sleeve and will be able to surprise everyone in the next update somehow.
I concur as the above aforementioned statement incest is life

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The problem is that there simply isn't a viable alternative at all. All those that do exist and have grown a bit have the same or even stricter rules which leads nowhere or are at the extreme end of the spectrum and are untesteted so some people just won't use them. The worst thing that could happen would be to switch to some kind of alternative which then demands the same changes as patreon or shuts down a few months later for what ever reason. That would leave the whole project with nothing and would be a major mistake.

This might work for some, but I would say not for many others. To me, incest is the main appeal of the game. And not just that, it's the very basis the story rests on: it's not just the father plot, which is the main one, and the fact that the MC takes his place (in every sense), but the first thing you see when starting the game is the MC "reacting" to watching the sister and the mom while being at home. I mean, incest was crucial, that's for sure.
Well, that's only because the patreon base voted for all those updates in the first place and because DC wanted to have the home stories done in those .05 updates. Had they not voted for the mum/sister story to be developed but to focus on the school girls the game would look very different. So yes, it's a main topic right now but it wouldn't stay that way anyway since almost all of the content that is to come isn't related to incest at all. After all mom, sis and Diane are only 3 out of at least 8 main girls.

I'm actually sure that the missing incest won't make the game any worse and that few people will really miss it once the Teachers, the Roxxy and the underground cult are released - and we haven't even seen any dating yet.

At least I don't see any reason why the game should be less sucessfull. It's not like Dmd or BB who literally depend on the incest to make sense at all.

One of many ways out would be for example to make MC's father and Debbie a couple who wanted to merry after both their husband/wife/mom of MC/dad of Jenny died many years ago. They've been together for quite some time but still lived in different houses, MCs dad gets killed, MCs moves in with Debbie and Jenny who will take care of him and all you need are a few tweaks/story and things would be almost fine. There are many possible and credible ways out that wouldn't really change the story that much and would make sense at the same time.

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

brood1

Jan 13, 2018
The problem is that there simply isn't a viable alternative at all. All those that do exist and have grown a bit have the same or even stricter rules which leads nowhere or are at the extreme end of the spectrum and are untesteted so some people just won't use them. The worst thing that could happen would be to switch to some kind of alternative which then demands the same changes as patreon or shuts down a few months later for what ever reason. That would leave the whole project with nothing and would be a major mistake.

Well, that's only because the patreon base voted for all those updates in the first place and because DC wanted to have the home stories done in those .05 updates. Had they not voted for the mum/sister story to be developed but to focus on the school girls the game would look very different. So yes, it's a main topic right now but it wouldn't stay that way anyway since almost all of the content that is to come isn't related to incest at all. After all mom, sis and Diane are only 3 out of at least 8 main girls.

I'm actually sure that the missing incest won't make the game any worse and that few people will really miss it once the Teachers, the Roxxy and the underground cult are released - and we haven't even seen any dating yet.

At least I don't see any reason why the game should be less sucessfull. It's not like Dmd or BB who literally depend on the incest to make sense at all.

One of many ways out would be for example to make MC's father and Debbie a couple who wanted to merry after both their husband/wife/mom of MC/dad of Jenny died many years ago. They've been together for quite some time but still lived in different houses, MCs dad gets killed, MCs moves in with Debbie and Jenny who will take care of him and all you need are a few tweaks/story and things would be almost fine. There are many possible and credible ways out that wouldn't really change the story that much and would make sense at the same time.
Exactly, just make Debbie and Jenny a neighbor Mother/Daughter pair who were always "Motherly/Siblingy" with the MC and now he lives with them. Unofficial patch will change the dialogue for people who HAVE to have the MC say, "I like to fuck you Mom".

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
When I talk about "alternatives", I'm not only referring to moving to a reliable alternative site, which as of now does not exist, but also to different existing ways of including the incest content in the game. As I'm sure you know, many developers resorted to slightly changing some of the writing so as to comply with Patreon rules and creating a patch that restores the content when applied. Even Dual Family's developer, who is anything but exemplary or competent, has already taken precautions in the event of Patreon going after him again. But from what I have seen, and correct me if I'm wrong, Darkcookie does not seem to favor that course of action. Why? Again, I have to think that he does not want to risk even the slightiest chance of Patreon noticing and shutting his page down. His choice, of course. But I can't but be a little disappointed.

Well, firstly, I would add that, if that content was voted over some other options, it is precisely because many of the patrons are really interested in incest. But apart from that fact, from the beginning the game already included incest: the father plot is listed as one the main tasks, the prologue focuses almost exclusively on that, and the MC's reactions to both the mother and the sister were also present. As I said, for me and I think many others, not having the incest is going to make the game not only worse but maybe eventually not interesting anymore. This is the way with erotic content. So those, like me, that are into incest are surely going to miss it, there is no way around that.

As to how the game will do without the incest, well, no one knows. We'll see about that. But, despite them being able to provide some good non-incest-related content, which I'm sure they will, I'm convinced that their income will take a heavy hit if they just limit themselves to complying with Patreon's requirements and putting the incest content on hold. Time will tell.

Reactions: Paprika

michael79

May 24, 2017
hello, can anybody please can give save from ending last version?
i lost my old, because have an new pc.
thanks

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
When I talk about "alternatives", I'm not only referring to moving to a reliable alternative site, which as of now does not exist, but also to different existing ways of including the incest content in the game. As I'm sure you know, many developers resorted to slightly changing some of the writing so as to comply with Patreon rules and creating a patch that restores the content when applied. Even Dual Family's developer, who is anything but exemplary or competent, has already taken precautions in the event of Patreon going after him again. But from what I have seen, and correct me if I'm wrong, Darkcookie does not seem to favor that course of action. Why? Again, I have to think that he does not want to risk even the slightiest chance of Patreon noticing and shutting his page down. His choice, of course. But I can't but be a little disappointed.
DC said there won't be any official patches to reintroduce incest since it's a lot of additional work and especially since (I'd guess) there's the chance that patreon will ban the game completely once they find out that Devs try to circumvent their policies behind their back. DC has/had the most patreons in the NSFW gaming part of patreon and there's no doubt someone would tell them if he'd break their terms of service. He seems to be serious about the game and his future projects and there is no reason to risk it all.

As to how the game will do without the incest, well, no one knows. We'll see about that. But, despite them being able to provide some good non-incest-related content, which I'm sure they will, I'm convinced that their income will take a heavy hit if they just limit themselves to complying with Patreon's requirements and putting the incest content on hold. Time will tell.
DC said he's willing to risk quite a bit of income to keep the game going so I doubt that's going to be an issue for him. Especially since he already said that the incest will be back at some point before the game is done. So we can just wait and see what happens.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes