muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's my take on it..
DC did not set a date. Then right as they were building this release, he added 2 extra scenes and is working with a newer team. All 3 work hard and are doing their best to release a version that is as stable as they can get it.
You mean to tell me you can't wait for 2 extra scenes and a relatively stable game? :confounded:

Now, we're not gonna drag out this useless disagreement.
Any more discussion over delays will make the mods more likely to lock the thread until DC releases the update.
Remind yourselves- we mods do what we say.

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
The truth is that nobody is obliged to pay for a game that from the first moment is free and will remain free, I don't support DC on patreon yet but I think that most people help him to make the game better not because they want a new version the first day of each month... name another totally free game that makes so much money on Patreon, come on, I will wait! if the game is free why people support DC? well... not only because the game has incredible potential and quality but also because DC is a very trustworthy and professional person, if there are delays it's because of the great amount of content that the game has and I allow myself to remind you all that... it's totally drawn by hand! I would be angry if the game was made in RPG Maker, only the sex scenes were drawn and there would be delay, but that isn't the case here, DC is constantly drawing/adding content, even with ideas we give him during the stream and when he isn't drawing he's writing the dialogs, only when he finishes both he gives the content to the poser and coder.

Is it the fault of the poser and the coder? no! neither... they are not only new to the team but must review the work of their predecessors, don't forget that 0.10, 0.11 and 0.12 (Aunt, Mom and Sis) are very related updates, so if a quest from 0.12 corrupts one from 0.10 or 0.11 there's a problem, something that happened in 0.11 with a quest from 0.10 because Aunt progress was a pre-requisite for Mom, this isn't just add sister quest and images, is much more!

0.13 and 0.14 will not be closely related between them or with past updates, at least not at the level of the last 2 updates, so I think there will be no delays...

honda

Nov 25, 2016
show that he is working on the game
working is not the product, for fuck's sake, dude
we are not blaming DC here. he works. but those dudes do not stream. i was surprised that maljalis duo are both streamers. so you can see a programmer working.
so, generally, while DC is productive neither he, nor we know how good his employees are. Right now, they are 2 weeks overdue. Maybe they sold themselves good but now are facing challenges.
and this whole story looks like the one with his previous coder.

You mean to tell me you can't wait for 2 extra scenes and a relatively stable game?
How you would justify if this release will take extra 2 weeks from this point? I mean, it will take 80 days.
Would you believe yourself that it was so goddamn hard, that it took almost 3 months to finish this update?
I doubt it.

If seems like people cannot comprehend that there's an artist and the head of the project that does his job transparently to donors and now he keeps stacking new shit. So while those two persons neither stream what they do, nor deliver i feel that the gaps between new builds will even get bigger and bigger. Y'all seem to be ignoring this only fact.
And yes, patreon is same as kickstarter. Don't try to prove the opposite. You invest money and get something in return.
But since there's lots of enterprises of that kind all handle the biz as they envision it.

@muttdoggy
this is the discussion board. what's the big problem to just leave all the reflections and with the actual update just wipe out n-pages of frustration. why silence people?

The truth is that nobody is obliged to pay for a game that from the first moment is free and will remain free,
slippery slope argumentation i see...
money is a factor that played key role in DC's decision to leave the job and dedicate himself to this project.
so, w/o money new releases would really take a bazzilion of days because it's a side project done in a spare time.
when you say: donate me 10k $ and i will quit my job and only work on this stuff.
this is called the GOAL taken from his page.
and yes, after the GOAL is reached people tend to have expectations. just because... well.. why even set goals like that and reach them if you can't handle the liabilities.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and now, when the next GOAL is reached, that provides more help to the process...what actually happens... lol...
the process only slows down, tis like the helpers don't actually help but decelerate

beat this and i promise, i will never ever post any rants here again.

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016
Finding good help take time, even if he has a goal is not that he can find a person and that is immediately helpful, at the beginning can be worse, in some months the things will change. I have the impression that the code in the old release was a bit confused, it worked but adding each release it brokes each time, if this time they are trying to clean even for the next release it can need more time that they thought.

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
slippery slope argumentation i see...
money is a factor that played key role in DC's decision to leave the job and dedicate himself to this project.
so, w/o money new releases would really take a bazzilion of days because it's a side project done in a spare time.
when you say: donate me 10k $ and i will quit my job and only work on this stuff.
this is called the GOAL taken from his page.
and yes, after the GOAL is reached people tend to have expectations. just because... well.. why even set goals like that and reach them if you can't handle the liabilities.
View attachment 4860 View attachment 4861
and now, when the next GOAL is reached, that provides more help to the process...what actually happens... lol...
the process only slows down, tis like the helpers don't actually help but decelerate

beat this and i promise, i will never ever post any rants here again.
Well... technically he did all that he promised even before reaching those goals :p so... what is the complaint? in the next goal he promises animation, something that is already there in a certain way.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
So I used to work for a AAA studio (Believe me or not).If something is delayed and not delivered in a reasonable time, it's a sign of a disorganized or bad studio. While something might be worth the wait, DC seems to have fallen into the delayed work trap. Which in some cases is fatal. He admitted that he added two more scenes that weren't planned. So now you have an update that was "promised" 2-3 weeks ago and now he probably is set back anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the rest of his development. He's on a slippery slope of delays.
I've worked in 4 AAA studios and have a shipped numerous games.

This is nonsense. Internal deadlines are constantly missed from every type of team. In fact across the whole industry I've never worked in a place ever where some sort of deadline or milestones weren't missed in a project and I don't know anybody who has. Even external release deadlines which there's often hundreds of millions of advertising behind are occassionally missed.

Reactions: groove888 and honda

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
You don't find a composer and sign a contract in a flash, he needs to find someone who wont bail on him half way. Just like coders and any potential extra artists... This goes for any project, there's legal issues to take care and 1-2 months is nothing, not to mention he needs to confirm peoples skills and schedules (everyones schedule on the team)...

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
In fact, i could go looking for a composer to sign in right now. I would have to email first, wait for a reply with potential back and forth until we reach an agreement, now remember that i'm contacting several people not just the one. I'm managing their portfolios, checking potential schedule conflicts... After reviewing all applicants, i would need to contact the one i'm interested on, make a legal contract with them, say they work for a company i would have to deal with that or unions.... Now he's on the team, he's gotta start with something, so he starts composing some materials using my references, more time wasted with conversations. Finally i have a demo for a theme song took about 2-3 days to get the demo how i liked it. Should i put it on the game? No, it's a demo of a song i still want to change stuff and it's only for the title screen.
I contact him again ask for more of this and that.

Suddenly is it's been 1-2 months and i've only just started scratching the surface. Now the real content starts flooding in and we still need to go back and implement it. We have to make sure the sound effects and music are synced in to the events, say there's a lound crash, it's gotta be synced not just new content. A whole day coding the music in making sure it's there, but just how many hours does my team work? 8h, then the music isn't all synced, another extra day.................

You can see how it would take time for stuff to develop, it's not just snap your finger and trow money at it and it's resolved.
Yes, there's fast ways to get a artist to help you, but is he the right person, is he reliable? And now you go back to what i said at the beginning, checking portfolios...

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
the search engine never works for me. Keeps bugging for some reason.
True that, sometimes you know that a thread exist but the search engine doesn't find it. And when you're going to request a game because you think that nobody did before, there is a thread already existing but you can't find it, so you create a new request thread.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
True that, sometimes you know that a thread exist but the search engine doesn't find it. And when you're going to request a game because you think that nobody did before, there is a thread already existing but you can't find it, so you create a new request thread.

You have a section for this type of problems. Explain it as best as you can, and if you can provide screenshots and/or practical examples.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I've worked in 4 AAA studios and have a shipped numerous games.

This is nonsense. Internal deadlines are constantly missed from every type of team. In fact across the whole industry I've never worked in a place ever where some sort of deadline or milestones weren't missed in a project and I don't know anybody who has. Even external release deadlines which there's often hundreds of millions of advertising behind are occassionally missed.
I feel like this should be in a pm but I'll respond anyways. How is what I said nonsense? Good studios rarely miss deadlines. Otherwise development gets derailed which causes all sorts of issues. Yes, studios miss deadlines.No one is perfect which is why so many titles feel rushed or we (devs) know internally a lot of content got cut. But that doesn't mean that they are suddenly not disorganized or in some cases not up to the task.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I feel like this should be in a pm but I'll respond anyways. How is what I said nonsense? Good studios rarely miss deadlines. Otherwise development gets derailed which causes all sorts of issues. Yes, studios miss deadlines.No one is perfect which is why so many titles feel rushed or we (devs) know internally a lot of content got cut. But that doesn't mean that they are suddenly not disorganized or in some cases not up to the task.
good studio rarely miss deadlines, because they have popularity and they can take the freedom to post patches laters. thats result on bug and sometime CTD on their game.

for a small group (even indie) its very risky to pop out the game without be sure that the game have no dramatic bug.
for a big company like bioware,bethesda,EA and rockstar (for exempl) they dont give a shit and let the game pop out without worries about players get bug and crash, because they have popularity and players will wait for patches to fix it.
but players dont want to wait when an small team or indie group games have this exact problem, they want the fix now, because they are scared or whatever reason

but whatever, this is out of subject :p

honda

Nov 25, 2016
they dont give a shit and let the game pop out without worries about players get bug and crash
Did you just.... compare the complexity of GTA 5 and SS? I lold so hard, geez.
Rockstar has its own dedicated QA division in Scotland. It's just irreal to test out the game of that scale 100%.
Moreover, crashes might happen due to crappy hardware. Creating AAA games has nothing to do with what renpy is all about. XD You should check out any youtube like this: or Try to think before you post, please. XD
but players dont want to wait when an small team or indie group games have this exact problem
For normal people its all the same. XD

SS is based on an existing platform that is programmed by my opinion in the easiest programming language on the market - Python. Sure, it uses DSL but this is a no brainer to do simple stuff in it XD
Its not the same level of effort as in AAA but as a player i do expect something called "the release date".

Lemme show you the real world example: the fatso George Martin is so lazy and lame that even TV guys made up GoT their way. This is practical no-release date approach. Paintings might have no-release-date, even music.
But the game is a product. Products should have this badge because they are targeted to consumers aka players.

At some point of time, if DC is sane, he should just say: kay guys you are not coping...
Let's release v0.12a and make fans happy and after that let's release v0.12b or include all of my out-of-plan arts in v0.13.
This is a sign of a good leader, not some jello brain feller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaoui

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Here are some messages by DC

Fall to this? I don't see how I've fallen to anything tbh. I stream almost daily, sometimes twice. I'm available to reach at any time on either Picarto or Discord about any issue you may have, or listen to suggestions from fans. I work harder and add more quality to the game than I ever have (best h-scenes coming in 0.12!). I'm sorry you feel this way, and I plan on improving the game development methods (and progress bar) for the next update! I hope you eventually see that I care a lot about this project! -DC
Hi Jakey! I understand, I'm also trying to make changes and improvements for the next update. A better, accurate progress bar, and add additional devs to speed up the development where it's trailing behind.
I'm planning a few things to make the next update development go smoother, faster and be more transparent!
Hi Jester! ?The dev team is working hard and doing a good job. It really has nothing to do with the delay. 0.12 is taking longer because of added content, and needing extra devs to help with posing (which I have already planned for). We're also planning a better, more detailed progress bar for the next update!
Sorry I had to delete a few comments from the post. I don't mind constructive criticism, but i can't allow heavy shit-posting. I understand the 0.12 wait is starting to bother a lot of people, but I can assure you that the devs are working hard and the update is coming. I'm also planning some key improvements to the development to make things smoother, faster and more transparent for the next update!

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
How is what I said nonsense? Good studios rarely miss deadlines.
good studio rarely miss deadlines, because they have popularity and they can take the freedom to post patches laters. thats result on bug and sometime CTD on their game.
What I'm saying is that the idea that good studios rarely miss deadline is completely wrong and almost every studio I've ever worked in, on every project I've ever worked on, has missed some type of deadline or milestone in the project lifecycle.

The difference is that DC is making internal deadlines external which is confusing the issue.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes