greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
...played many games but eventually they fixed this issue.
The games that 'fixed this issue' generally only add new content to the 'end' of the story lines of the previous release, thus they generally only need to check/validate the variable state of the last moment stored within the 'save' and don't need to concern themselves with the previous moments.

This game currently can add new content at any point along any of the story lines thus potentially changing the variable state of any of the moments stored within the 'save', also due to the fact you can generally progress each story line separately to each other and in an order of your choosing makes re-determining the resulting state of the final moment more difficult that it is in a standard 'add to the end' game.

While none of the above should be a Player's concern and it all comes under the heading of a technical issues that a Dev should 'just fix', it isn't always that simple to do so while the game is still being developed.

Reactions: Metroid1988

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Okay, you put him down...
Wasn't trying to 'put him down'. I was just trying to point out that people live in different places and that things are called different things in those places.
eg. The word 'fanny' in 'Fanny Pack' can references different parts of the body depending on where you live.

chaosmaker2k

Jan 13, 2018
Having a bug when completing glasses for okita. After handing them to her game crashes and gives long tracelog. Any idea how to fix this? I'm just a player so I know nothing about game coding. Thanks in advance

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I know about alpha/beta testing... but come on, like I've said, played many games but eventually they fixed this issue. Still don't understand why he doesn't fix this... 99% of other games fixed this issue. Well, no problem I guess, will just skip it until the final version I guess... or if the issue gets fixed.
You should probably check the first post of this thread, it contains good info.

DC said when he started the game he didn't know how to code, so the game keeps getting bigger on poor code which is causing issues with saves. On top of that, releases of Summertime Saga don't follow a linear fashion that most of the other games use, so there are often changes made that effect the beginning of the various timelines. DC has hired someone to rebuild the code from scratch to try and avoid this, and is on the docket for the next release (0.16). So that means, if everything works as planned, saves from 0.16 will work in 0.17.

propas

Oct 19, 2017
The park is closed in my game is there is a way to open it (via console) or does it open later in the game (I have progressed multiple quests up to the point where all rquire to go to the park) ?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Rump refers to Iwanka as his daughter. Therefore that won't ever happen by Patreon rules.
Why would you even put an Ivanka Trump parody character in a game like this one if she wasn't eventually gonna get plowed stupid by her dad? Especially since their house is a location on the world map?
Just watch a movie in the mall's cinema and you'll get a hint of what's to come.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So seeing how some characters have been tied into the teacher update does that mean he actually have to advance the teacher stories to a certain point (Roxxy being convinced to show up to the test, Eve needing to be convinced to take part in the talent show ect.) to actually go down the paths of those characters?
As far as I'm aware he wants to avoid those moments as far as possible but I'm sure that some inconsistencies will stay with us until the game is finished and everything can finally be connected properly. So we'll probably have to wait until 0.16 is released to see how excatly her scene will fit into her update.

Last edited:

xgkuajjJ2D0Q

Jun 15, 2017
If you're having issues with the game lagging, please make sure you're NOT using an old save. The Summertime Saga development team has said without exception that old saves don't work with the new version of the game - including 0.15.1 or 0.15.2 saves DO NOT work correctly with 0.15.3.

See this post for testing details & let me know if I'm missing something:
I've known about not using old saves since years ago... I started this one from scratch starting with 0.15.3 (I didn't download anything before that since November and I keep the folders separated so no overlap).
I did find an interesting issue where I took 0.15.3 and applied Incest Patch 0.2.1 played the game a few weeks (in the game) then applied incest patch 0.3.1. I found way more bugs because the rewrite apparently made dialogue reset and ignore things that happened (like Cassie saying I can't go to medic room even though she already saved my life). So I restarted the game once again and found it running smoother... Only major delay is after clicking Save where it will take like 3 - 10 seconds... noticeably longer as saves accumulate in this single version. I deleted all the old other versions just in case it's in registry. I'm seeing that Incest Patch 0.3.1.3 is now up and wonder if that's safe to update and continue game or if I need to restart again...
I can usually go through real quick but there are so many changes and new things the game is interesting for once (I held off playing for 4 months for this reason) actually and very much improved in dialogue, storyline to turn me on. Heck even Miss DeWitt had a great character and I love the names, lot of witty decent jokes... Cuntech University lol.
However as many others probably noticed there are major issues with timeliness and event order. Even the background audio of active school day persisting into the evening slot at the school, or being in the mall in evening hours with full daylight and not kicking you out. but oh well, I think only thing to perfect it would be to incorporate AI or go muchh more in depth with coding or controlling paths. Another example is going to Aunt's shed for Paint and seeing first dialogue referring to breast pump, which wasn't mentioned earlier.
Also it really helps not to touch items until you need them. I had the stool very early in game and he couldn't go into attic cause MC said he needed something to stand on. So decided to just grab things minimally and its smooth enough now.

Reactions: bas

daggaboy

Sep 29, 2017
So is the Mia storyline broken in 15.3? Can't get into Mia's house, can't talk to Harold. Mia just keeps telling MC to come over in the evening.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I've known about not using old saves since years ago... I started this one from scratch starting with 0.15.3 (I didn't download anything before that since November and I keep the folders separated so no overlap).
I did find an interesting issue where I took 0.15.3 and applied Incest Patch 0.2.1 played the game a few weeks (in the game) then applied incest patch 0.3.1. I found way more bugs because the rewrite apparently made dialogue reset and ignore things that happened (like Cassie saying I can't go to medic room even though she already saved my life). So I restarted the game once again and found it running smoother... Only major delay is after clicking Save where it will take like 3 - 10 seconds... noticeably longer as saves accumulate in this single version. I deleted all the old other versions just in case it's in registry. I'm seeing that Incest Patch 0.3.1.3 is now up and wonder if that's safe to update and continue game or if I need to restart again...
I can usually go through real quick but there are so many changes and new things the game is interesting for once (I held off playing for 4 months for this reason) actually and very much improved in dialogue, storyline to turn me on. Heck even Miss DeWitt had a great character and I love the names, lot of witty decent jokes... Cuntech University lol.
However as many others probably noticed there are major issues with timeliness and event order. Even the background audio of active school day persisting into the evening slot at the school, or being in the mall in evening hours with full daylight and not kicking you out. but oh well, I think only thing to perfect it would be to incorporate AI or go muchh more in depth with coding or controlling paths. Another example is going to Aunt's shed for Paint and seeing first dialogue referring to breast pump, which wasn't mentioned earlier.
Also it really helps not to touch items until you need them. I had the stool very early in game and he couldn't go into attic cause MC said he needed something to stand on. So decided to just grab things minimally and its smooth enough now.
Any version below 0.3 of my mod/patch was a train-wreck because it was me attempting to fix the patch that someone posted on lewdpatcher. I'd started making my own using tried-and-true IC patching methods, but after a few hours realized it was an insane amount of work. I knew the methods that whoever made the original patch used wasn't the right way to patch this game, but I got lazy thinking the shortest path to a working patch was to fix theirs instead of making my own. I was wrong.

Starting with v0.3, it's the patch I made from scratch, with the smallest amount possible of code duplication from the base game. Some of the things you mention above were bugs in the base game too. I believe there were at least 4 bugfix releases of 0.14.x and that was just new content, not a massive dialogue re-write to get Patreon to shut up, and the also moved many more events to their FSM model in 0.15.x... you know, because you wanted to know all that. :)

Anyway, TLDR, below v0.3 is fucked - entirely my fault. v0.3 and above is the way to go and won't fuck your saves, or your progress, and should be compatible with future releases of 0.15.x.

xgkuajjJ2D0Q

Jun 15, 2017
Any version below 0.3 of my mod/patch was a train-wreck because it was me attempting to fix the patch that someone posted on lewdpatcher. I'd started making my own using tried-and-true IC patching methods, but after a few hours realized it was an insane amount of work. I knew the methods that whoever made the original patch used wasn't the right way to patch this game, but I got lazy thinking the shortest path to a working patch was to fix theirs instead of making my own. I was wrong.

Starting with v0.3, it's the patch I made from scratch, with the smallest amount possible of code duplication from the base game. Some of the things you mention above were bugs in the base game too. I believe there were at least 4 bugfix releases of 0.14.x and that was just new content, not a massive dialogue re-write to get Patreon to shut up, and the also moved many more events to their FSM model in 0.15.x... you know, because you wanted to know all that. :)

Anyway, TLDR, below v0.3 is fucked - entirely my fault. v0.3 and above is the way to go and won't fuck your saves, or your progress, and should be compatible with future releases of 0.15.x.
That's what I figured when I read your changelog. You actually did a great job with 0.3 cause other than 1 or 2 weird references where MC wasn't living with mom before (patreon screwup original I'm sure) it's really great. Spelling is finally respectable unlike so many other games where they say "Were do you think their goeng, you're hause?" lol. So I thank you for this patch and it's good to see Kompas Productions at least keep going with this game, I know other popular ones are on hold.

On another perspective - I don't know if anyone from Kompas Productions views these posts but I do have one personal request for this game. While i do enjoy the incest fantasy aspect, I am offended by how far they naughtify the church with the art. I choose to ignore it but I do think others might be really offended as well and may not support it anymore. Even the nun stuff I'm okay with, it's specifically the unnecessary genitalia on the cross etc.. It's not funny and I'm sure most people would agree and basically while the family taboo is a given fantasy, anything concerning any religion should be handled with a certain amount of respect and have limits, otherwise it is very offensive. Christianity is about 1/3 of the planet's population so I kindly ask you to reconsider those scenes for the sake of the game. Just giving my opinion.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
While i do enjoy the incest fantasy aspect, I am offended by how far they naughtify the church with the art. I choose to ignore it but I do think others might be really offended as well and may not support it anymore. Even the nun stuff I'm okay with, it's specifically the unnecessary genitalia on the cross etc.. It's not funny and I'm sure most people would agree and basically while the family taboo is a given fantasy, anything concerning any religion should be handled with a certain amount of respect and have limits, otherwise it is very offensive. Christianity is about 1/3 of the planet's population so I kindly ask you to reconsider those scenes for the sake of the game. Just giving my opinion.
Well, making things lewd is the whole point of the game and there isn't a single place/authority in the game which isn't, be it the school, the police station, the pool etc. and it doesn't really make sense to exclude the church here. If anybody is so christian that he can't bear a bit of mockery he shouldn't be playing the game in the first place by his own standards. I mean we haven't had teachers/police officers who complain about the way their profession is displayed so I'm sure things are fine.

Last edited:

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
I insert saves to "saves folder" but in game i cant saw inserted saves.
you can give me saves from 15.3 and i try it!
1) i) Put the saves folder into SummertimeSaga\game directory
ii) If it doesn't work then put the save file in the AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SummertimeSaga directory​

2) I am giving yu the saves of v0.15.3 ,although I haven't completed all the quests yet .
(Quests done-Mom,Aunt,4 teachers,Eric,Mia,Captain)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
just want to ask patron link and public link there are any different or same???
No difference. The patreon link is just online a bit earlier and won't have the speed limitations some of the other hosters do from time to time.

drex2311

Aug 15, 2016
how or when do you unlock the park? Tried talking to eve (she has nothing to say)

ANSWER:
in french class talk to eve

Reactions: maxr
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes