Quinsy87

Jul 19, 2017
Is anyone else getting stuck at the loading screen when trying to boot up on the latest release? Would love to play the new content, but I can't even get the game to open :(

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Is anyone else getting stuck at the loading screen when trying to boot up on the latest release? Would love to play the new content, but I can't even get the game to open :(
Game takes a while to load/start, especially on lolphone. Leave it there for a min or 2 (way more on lolphone), if nothing happens, it's your PC (or jokephone). If you don't even see the splashscreen, that's another problem
Can I update the game and just continue playing without playing from the start?
You don't "update" > you get the entire game back every time a new build gets released. And yes, you can keep your saves (if you know where to save and not abuse junk outdated mods)

Reactions: Johnny90H30

Zeroical

Jul 16, 2020
Game takes a while to load/start, especially on lolphone. Leave it there for a min or 2 (way more on lolphone), if nothing happens, it's your PC (or jokephone). If you don't even see the splashscreen, that's another problem

You don't "update" > you get the entire game back every time a new build gets released. And yes, you can keep your saves (if you know where to save and not abuse junk outdated mods)
Oh yeah I mean downloading the whole game again, so where do you usually find the save file?

TBM92

Feb 17, 2019
I'm having trouble opening up the game. I'm clicking the .exe but I get a flash of it loading then nothing.
Never had this happen before where the game refuses to start.
Any advice?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'm having trouble opening up the game. I'm clicking the .exe but I get a flash of it loading then nothing.
Never had this happen before where the game refuses to start.
Any advice?

Reactions: Johnny90H30

TBM92

Feb 17, 2019
I get the splash screen, definitely. I'm playing PC.
Any ideas roughly how long it could take for it to acually load up?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I get the splash screen, definitely. I'm playing PC.
Any ideas roughly how long it could take for it to acually load up?
If you see the splash screen and your HDD is actually doing something > about a min or 2. It takes time, even on beefcake hardware (maybe less on SSD, but still).

If you let it run for a long time (5+ mins) and nothing happens, it's probably your PC. You won't get a traceback if the game doesn't load, so don't expect 1.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes