whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
One thing I wanna ask is that can we expect all the forecoming updates be substantially faster after the tech update has been implemented?

Also who wanna have a bet on when the tech update be coming out? My bet is on June next year:whistle:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
One thing I wanna ask is that can we expect all the forecoming updates be substantially faster after the tech update has been implemented?

Also who wanna have a bet on when the tech update be coming out? My bet is on June next year:whistle:
Will they be faster ? Probably. It'll all depend on how fast the poser(s) and coder will implement the stuff. DC's part is never holding back anything

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

I am going to say that no one should expect quicker updates than what they were prior to work starting on the tech update. Previously, it was about 1.5 months for light content/fixes and about 4 months for significant content, with a little bit of variance. See #14 below if curious.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: APoc1

manneychin

May 8, 2017
so an year and a couple of months, got it. i genuinely was under the impression we were about to get over 2 years since its been so long since i started seeing that pre-tech in the title.
You were correct. We've passed 1 year and 8 months since DC alleged work has started. In Feb-2021 he said he is already working on things for the tech update (enlarged map). On 14-Feb-2021 he said he hired 2 new devs to replace a departing one and that "we should be moving on to the following tech update". Here:

However, there is no recording with this thing working in any capacity, not alpha, not demo, not anything. The code is open due to how Ren'Py works so once the delay started to become ridiculous (i.e. about a year ago), a show of good will would've been to literally show the code and an incomplete demo (alpha) with what has been done so far with the blown out budget. It's what regular devs do often but there was none of that here. I'm familiar with how these projects go IRL. There will be no tech update. Just a bunch of wallpapers worth $1.4 million and rising.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You were correct. We've passed 1 year and 8 months since DC alleged work has started. In Feb-2021 he said he is already working on things for the tech update (enlarged map). On 14-Feb-2021 he said he hired 2 new devs to replace a departing one and that "we should be moving on to the following tech update". Here:

However, there is no recording with this thing working in any capacity, not alpha, not demo, not anything. The code is open due to how Ren'Py works so once the delay started to become ridiculous (i.e. about a year ago), a show of good will would've been to literally show the code and an incomplete demo (alpha) with what has been done so far with the blown out budget. It's what regular devs do often but there was none of that here. I'm familiar with how these projects go IRL. There will be no tech update. Just a bunch of wallpapers worth $1.4 million and rising.
Dunno if I should lol at this or just report for being so wrong. Maybe both

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Report for what, exactly?
Bringing out any $/month or total donated since the tech build started is reportable. Then the whinage DC is never gonna release anything. Then the other whinage of why DC didn't release a pre-tech-alpha-proof-of-concept (which never happened and will never happen) ..... You get the idea

• Angry
Reactions: mammoth123

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
R(h)onda's notmom also doesn't exist ...... Just like the trucker bar, the cabin in the woods, the town hall, the bowling alley, the lighthouse. Pure madness from us

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games
Jan 14, 2018

The updates probably won't come out any faster than 3 months (strong guess) same as before. It'll just run smoother and be less buggy + aspect ratio change and larger map.

My bet is April.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i would be damn sad if the tech update hits and there are like 5 new animations one some revamped ones XD
Are you expecting storyline content in the tech update? If so, you might want to rethink your expectations. The next storyline driven update is R(h)onda's, scheduled to come after the tech update (And I personally wouldn't rule out a bugfix version after the tech update). Could there be a surprise in the tech update? Sure, but I wouldn't count on it.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes