anaa

Jul 8, 2017
sorry i see a couple of insect patches here, which one should i apply? 20.5, 20.12 or extra lines?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
sorry i see a couple of insect patches here, which one should i apply? 20.5, 20.12 or extra lines?
20.5 and 20.12 - It's the same patch for the past half dozen updates, just renamed. Do not use with a translation mod/patch. Also, there is no new content for the NPCs the patch effects since at least v0.20.5.
Extra lines is a mod that includes the above patch and adds to it, hence the "extra lines." If you want to know more about it, you should go to that mod's thread linked in the OP.

• Red Heart
Reactions: anaa

Dfgjjkl

Jul 30, 2017
You would think that getting more money on Patreon would mean easier and quicker development.

Ever since he cracked that 9-10k a month mark the development has been slowing down more and more. In 2017 I thought that by this point the game would be completed for quite some time. Now I doubt that the game will be completed in the next 5 years. I think by the middle of 2025 the Judith update MIGHT be completed

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
In 2017 I thought that by this point the game would be completed for quite some time. Now I doubt that the game will be completed in the next 5 years. I think by the middle of 2025 the Judith update MIGHT be completed
The more content added to a game, the more content there is possible to add to a game. Even in 2017, DC said he didn't see an end in sight. You might be close on that Judith update.

Anon6665455

Jul 30, 2020
Game still getting updated? have not realy checked on it over the last 2 years.
Is the last update realy almost a year old, or is it just not on here?

Reactions: Third Leg
Jun 4, 2023
Summertime Saga was the face of the adult gaming industry for the longest time, and it still is a staple in the industry. But it lost so much of what it could have been. I love DC and I love summertime Saga. I had been playing since 2018. But lately I can't help but be discouraged by how things are going. The game could have reached forever G.O.A.T status, it had everything in it. But newer game developers are offering so much more nowadays with so little time and resources in their hands.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I had been playing since 2018. But lately I can't help but be discouraged by how things are going. The game could have reached forever G.O.A.T status, it had everything in it. But newer game developers are offering so much more nowadays with so little time and resources in their hands.
I think it's a fine line to walk for DC. Ultimately it's the tech update (widescreen) and the countless refinements added, which will help the game to stay popular and which will probably make it an actual "classic" once we are talking about NSFW-games. Given how well good 2D art ages in general, there's no real objective need to hurry.

I've thought about it at times during these last years and he's probably right to add all these details instead of just pushing content as fast as possible.
As an example, yes, he spent 2 streams drawing a pet goat in 10 different postions in Missy's house, but details like these are what differentiates the game from almost everything else on the market. It's those small things and details which keep people invested, make them take a second or third look and which create that atmosphere and "first time wow factor" that so many other games lack.

I'm not saying that it isn't a real shame that posing and coding became such big issues, but at least he seems to be using the time to add content, that'll benefit the game in the long run.

Reactions: Omniel

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
As an example, yes, he spent 2 streams drawing a pet goat in 10 different postions in Missy's house, but details like these are what differentiates the game from almost everything else on the market. It's those small things and details which keep people invested, make them take a second or third look and which create that atmosphere and "first time wow factor" that so many other games lack.
diagree completly, what differentiated STS from other games (and what made it such a success) were reliable updates from DC, him engaging with his community on picarto, a cast of relatively well written characters that covered almost every vanilla taste and of course the relative open nature of the game (it was partly more point and click adventure than a straight VN)

those details you talk about don't make the game better a single bit just like the meme characters didn't

4.00 star(s) 362 Votes