wolfpackjac3

Jan 5, 2021
You know a thread is messed up when you try to use the search function to get an answer... but every single result is the same dude who thinks they are the thread police who berates and condescends ppl while telling them to use the search function. His asshole responses are the only thing the search seems to find!

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You know a thread is messed up when you try to use the search function to get an answer... but every single result is the same dude who thinks they are the thread police who berates and condescends ppl while telling them to use the search function. His asshole responses are the only thing the search seems to find!
The only way that's possible, is if you're searching specifically for the subject matter of those posts i.e. "Abandoned/Milking/Scam/etc etc", or searching for one small and highly common word that's shared by a vast majority of all posts in a thread.

How's about you take a screenshot of what you're searching for, and the results too.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
How does the abandoned tags work? Because it's been a year already since the last "update". A year and half? 2 years? Genuine question.
Earliest the tag will be placed on the thread is April. I think you can do the math yourself.

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
At this rate what do you think this patch is gonna come out at what month i think it's going to out at june or July 2024 and it make me kinda sad

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
How does the abandoned tags work? Because it's been a year already since the last "update". A year and half? 2 years? Genuine question.
Link (also, we've answered this at least 2 dozen times in the past year within this thread... set the date of 30 April 2024 in your calendar to REPORT the thread for the tag)
The only way that's possible, is if you're searching specifically for the subject matter of those posts i.e. "Abandoned/Milking/Scam/etc etc", or searching for one small and highly common word that's shared by a vast majority of all posts in a thread.

How's about you take a screenshot of what you're searching for, and the results too.
The whiner loves to facepalm me -- he's just wanting a little attention in the thread rather than give some more facepalms.
At this rate what do you think this patch is gonna come out at what month i think it's going to out at june or July 2024 and it make me kinda sad
Could be April 2024... Could be April 2025... could be anywhere in between or after.

Reactions: The Black Cat

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
You seems to have thought this through pretty alright. Crunching numbers and all. :)

Correction though: the cost of an average AAA game from start to release averages around 60 million bucks. Someone from Sony actually bitched about that the other day. 3 million+ is maybe in the AA range, but games like Rogue City also make me think that doesn’t apply anymore.
except those numbers have shown only in the last 3-5 years or so. and not every tittle takes that much money.
and the biggest point on that is that those most of that cost goes into marketing. not the actual development ;)
you know. huge promotions, goodies giveaways, media, localization and maybe the worst of all Legal to copyright in all the countries you can.

as an example one of the most expensive games to make was duke nukem forever. (before the inflated numbers of the last few years, to justify costs to the investors :p)
20 million (wasted) by the dev in 10 years + 2.5 million by take-two interactive to complete (which they refused but that's beside the point). and when a publisher offers you 2.5 to finish a game is because that's what really costs.

bah! 3 million to make a game when you are not developing an in house engine, and running legal and marketing costs is WAAAAAAAY more than enough.

let's say I believe he really is from Somalia. if that was the case with the exchange rate, he probably owns a private island by now XD

also if he can pay a webmaster to put a site. he can pay an actual programmer to handle all the code monkey work. and focus on the art. and you know... actually finishing ONE game
but milking is so much more easy... right? >:D

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
came back to check on this aftera year, and zero progress? so he decided to go full scammer. nice.
but milking is so much more easy... right? >:D
T.G.I.F.
The
Game
Is
Free

A developer can't milk something they give to everyone for free.

How hard is that to understand?
No one has to pay anything to play it.
No one has to subscribe to anything to play it.
It's free.

It's not paywalled.
It's not a tier benefit.
It's not a retail item on Steam or Itch or GOG or in any store.
It's free by downloading it directly from the developer from their website.
It's free.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
yes they can. XD
patreon subscription ( which are not free ) + postponing a promised good ( as this moment looks like it's on purpose ) = more monthly payments = milking.

again. yes you can
The game is not a promised good to patreon subscribers. It's not a tier benefit. It's not paywalled. Nothing you are saying exists --- at all. You either do not understand how it works or are intentionally being obstinate or intentionally misleading people.

1703958390630.png 1703958411497.png

The only "game access" benefits that subscribers get are that DC gives links to subscribers 24 hours before giving links to the general public and subscribers get access to faster download servers than the general public.

Everyone who wants it and has internet access can download the game for free within 24 hours of release.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
yes they can. XD
patreon subscription ( which are not free ) + postponing a promised good ( as this moment looks like it's on purpose ) = more monthly payments = milking.

again. yes you can
See, that's the thing. Unlike other Patreon developers, which gate their game behind the payment, DC isn't doing that, so him taking forever is not against any sort of terms he has with the people paying him money. His case is much more of a 'patron of the arts' thing where people pay him to do whatever he does, not specifically to get the game.

It's not too dissimilar to the artists out there using Patreon. Think Sakimichan, who makes even more bank than DC does and twice a month at that for drawing pin up picks.

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
The game is not a promised good to patreon subscribers. It's not a tier benefit. It's not paywalled. Nothing you are saying exists --- at all. You either do not understand how it works or are intentionally being obstinate or intentionally misleading people.

View attachment 3218339 View attachment 3218341

The only "game access" benefits that subscribers get are that DC gives links to subscribers 24 hours before giving links to the general public and subscribers get access to faster download servers than the general public.

Everyone who wants it and has internet access can download the game for free within 24 hours of release.
See, that's the thing. Unlike other Patreon developers, which gate their game behind the payment, DC isn't doing that, so him taking forever is not against any sort of terms he has with the people paying him money. His case is much more of a 'patron of the arts' thing where people pay him to do whatever he does, not specifically to get the game.

It's not too dissimilar to the artists out there using Patreon. Think Sakimichan, who makes even more bank than DC does and twice a month at that for drawing pin up picks.
I stand corrected. apparently he DOES have a PR team lol
anyway. do not make me go look for a snapshot of the site where he mentions finishing the game and possible date. ;)

if you didn't like my comment. fine, take it and ignore me as a madman. (heck I never planned on more than asking if there was a release date in sight and raving in a spoiler lol)
but keep stirring the pot... btw whatabautism does not work as a counter argument XD

Reactions: Green83rry

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
You're the only one stirring here.

There's no "what-about-ism" happening on their part, just statements of fact and a fitting comparison to try and get through some deliberately thick heads.
that's exactly whatabaoutism!
if A is being told is doing X, but B is also doing X. that means A is in the clear = whatabautism

Reactions: Green83rry

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
that's exactly whatabaoutism!
if A is being told is doing X, but B is also doing X. that means A is in the clear = whatabautism
It's not "what-about-ism"... No matter how much you say it is, it's not.

You were being given a comparison that does similar to DC, that's all.
It wasn't a response of "Oh well, what about when <blah-blah> does this/that". It was a statement with a supporting comparison as an example. Literal opposite of "what-about-ism". That you either don't know the difference, or simply refuse to admit to it, is entirely on you.

Reactions: Anduck
4.00 star(s) 365 Votes