ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
Neither does deflection in trying to depict anyone who counters you as being a paid shill instead of actually engaging the points, friendo.
did I said paid? I just stated he has a PR team (HUGE difference)
seeing you are always fast to respond to any criticism (hence I stated that "before the usual suspects jump in defense")

also I never deflected anything lol
your only contribution to the debate, as you said. was deflecting the blame to another person XD
what other new point did you made beside that? the ones already made before when stated that it could not be milking? none

so... old points are ignored unless presenting new information.
I just stated that the only new argument was a deflection of blame (whataboutism) ;)

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
also I never deflected anything lol
your only contribution to the debate, as you said. was deflecting the blame to another person XD
what other new point did you made beside that? the ones already made before when stated that it could not be milking? none
I made a comparison between DC and an artist because DC is essentially getting paid the same way that artist does, for drawing something. That he makes a game is actually more of a secondary thing, since the game isn't directly gated behind any patreon payment.

Again, not unlike the many many other artists out there doing the same, but don't get accused of milking. Which was why I was made comparison to one. I don't see how one is alright, but the other isn't. So, sure, a bit of whataboutism, but the point isn't wrong either. If one is bad, so should the other.

• Haha
Reactions: Toushiro

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
I made a comparison between DC and an artist because DC is essentially getting paid the same way that artist does, for drawing something. That he makes a game is actually more of a secondary thing, since the game isn't directly gated behind any patreon payment.

Again, not unlike the many many other artists out there doing the same, but don't get accused of milking. Which was why I was made comparison to one. I don't see how one is alright, but the other isn't. So, sure, a bit of whataboutism, but the point isn't wrong either. If one is bad, so should the other.
I agree with you that he is not the worse. but that doesn't makes it right.
nor the other creators are relevant to what DC is doing. if a lot of people are wrong, it doesn't absolve anything.

-----------

look. tell you what.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you have a way to contact DC.
tell him (as a friendly advice) that there are better ways to "milk" players.
expansions, sequels, spinoffs are better ways to keep and make a franchise.
and yeah even adult games can make franchises. even when adult games where restricted Al Lowe made a big franchise of the Larry games. now it should be easy XD

postponing and not even finishing your flagship game is just about the worst way (and actually risky) of doing things.
finish the main story , then expand the world to keep players engaged on the same game.
I seen some indie storefronts with (adult) games that keep rising sales for years doing free updates. in this case that's a given but he will actually loose less patreons

if he can't keep the workload alone. hire some help. (Tod Howard didn't make the ES alone regardless of what hardcore fans think) and set milestones for payments. (that way they won't run off with the money lol)
it's ok to take time to finish things. but 10 years for a finish count of 0 is... not good

and NEVER assume that deleting some posts years later will absolve promises. servers take snapshots of their info on regular basis. that's the real reason the old say about "once in the internet, is there forever"

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I agree with you that he is not the worse. but that doesn't makes it right.
nor the other creators are relevant to what DC is doing. if a lot of people are wrong, it doesn't absolve anything.

-----------

look. tell you what.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you have a way to contact DC.
tell him (as a friendly advice) that there are better ways to "milk" players.
expansions, sequels, spinoffs are better ways to keep and make a franchise.
and yeah even adult games can make franchises. even when adult games where restricted Al Lowe made a big franchise of the Larry games. now it should be easy XD

postponing and not even finishing your flagship game is just about the worst way (and actually risky) of doing things.
finish the main story , then expand the world to keep players engaged on the same game.
I seen some indie storefronts with (adult) games that keep rising sales for years doing free updates. in this case that's a given but he will actually loose less patreons

if he can't keep the workload alone. hire some help. (Tod Howard didn't make the ES alone regardless of what hardcore fans think) and set milestones for payments. (that way they won't run off with the money lol)
it's ok to take time to finish things. but 10 years for a finish count of 0 is... not good

and NEVER assume that deleting some posts years later will absolve promises. servers take snapshots of their info on regular basis. that's the real reason the old say about "once in the internet, is there forever"
You're assuming wrong. I'm honestly just tired of the endless cycle of bitching and rather have this thread fall into silence until there IS an update. Complaining here will not do anything.

Reactions: Anduck

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
You're assuming wrong. I'm honestly just tired of the endless cycle of bitching and rather have this thread fall into silence until there IS an update. Complaining here will not do anything.
that's why my complain was in a quote lol

and who knows?... seeing so many stalwart defenders.
one probably knows him. a little advice is never wasted ;)

btw. if you have nothing to do with him. relax and ignore the bitching.
if it's not directed to you, let it slide. that can't be good for your blood pressure.
I seen you respond to almost all the criticism comments before I made mine.

remember "do not feed the trolls". if what people says is actually pointless, and it doesn't involve you. just let it go ;)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
that's why my complain was in a quote lol

and who knows?... seeing so many stalwart defenders.
one probably knows him. a little advice is never wasted ;)

btw. if you have nothing to do with him. relax and ignore the bitching.
if it's not directed to you, let it slide. that can't be good for your blood pressure.
I seen you respond to almost all the criticism comments before I made mine.

remember "do not feed the trolls". if what people says is actually pointless, and it doesn't involve you. just let it go ;)
Well, the excat same walls of text have been written like dozens of times in these last years, usually several times per month. That's likely the reason why some are just so tired to read the same stuff again and again and have little understanding for those who actually spend time on repeating what has been written down countless times.

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
Well, the excat same walls of text have been written like dozens of times in these last years, usually several times per month. That's likely the reason why some are just so tired to read the same stuff again and again and have little understanding for those who actually spend time on repeating what has been written down countless times.
oh I understand. but my original comment was not a wall of text ;)
I just responded to those that replied.

Reactions: Green83rry

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
You've literally just reinforced what I said, dumbass.
so what I said it was... is what the definition of the word says... what you claimed it was the opposite of...
and then reduce the argument name calling, and claiming the point?
lmao! XD
you must be a hit at kid parties :ROFLMAO:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
so what I said it was...
No, what you said something was, it isn't. What I said it was, it is, and why what you said was wrong.

It wasn't a redirect or deflection or casting blame onto the other side, like what you've been attempting the minute you tried to mislabel it as "what-about-ism", even being idiotic enough to try and use the definition as "proof" which only makes it more apparent that you still have no clue what you're on about.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking you know more than you actually do.

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
No, what you said something was, it isn't. What I said it was, it is, and why what you said was wrong.

It wasn't a redirect or deflection or casting blame onto the other side, like what you've been attempting the minute you tried to mislabel it as "what-about-ism", even being idiotic enough to try and use the definition as "proof" which only makes it more apparent that you still have no clue what you're on about.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking you know more than you actually do.
breathe in. breathe out. better?
go back to the post you replied first and read it. slowly this time.

I know you can do it. I believe in you XD

TGafy

May 14, 2020
He admitted he's a troll. Taught you the rule about not feeding a troll. And what do you all keep doing? (n)

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
I don't see what this post has to do with anything, but if you insist. Unless you meant this post, but that's in a completely different thread...
<sigh> now I'm really starting to think you were trolling this whole time. and I can see how you earned those 6.5K comments

Senigata said (sorry. not quoting you directly to avoid dragging you into another argument. specially about semantics with a third party. if you read this disregard it)
It's not too dissimilar to the artists out there using Patreon. Think Sakimichan, who makes even more bank than DC does and twice a month at that for drawing pin up picks.
btw whatabautism does not work as a counter argument XD
we were discussing Senigata and I about that. so he compared DC to other creators, and how they do the same or worse.
you can read my response.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
<sigh> now I'm really starting to think you were trolling this whole time. and I can see how you earned those 6.5K comments
The last one was trolling. If you couldn't tell the difference, then it's no wonder you still don't understand "what-about-ism".

Senigata said (sorry. not quoting you directly to avoid dragging you into another argument. specially about semantics with a third party. if you read this disregard it)
Still not "what-about-ism".

we were discussing Senigata and I about that. so he compared DC to other creators, and how they do the same or worse.
you can read my response.
Again, still not "what-about-ism". Not even according to the definition you supplied that still backs up what I said it was. :ROFLMAO:

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
The last one was trolling. If you couldn't tell the difference, then it's no wonder you still don't understand "what-about-ism".

Still not "what-about-ism".

Again, still not "what-about-ism". Not even according to the definition you supplied that still backs up what I said it was. :ROFLMAO:
ok... yeah I'm branding you as a troll. (better than the alternative XD )
so in the spirit of not feeding the trolls. I'm not replying you anymore.
try to put a little more effort in school this year please ;)

lam09

Apr 8, 2023
guys I need your technical support, I tried to run the game but it bumped into a problem , it said ( could not execute C:\user\legion\onedrive.....summertimesaga.exe. is it missing? )

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
guys I need your technical support, I tried to run the game but it bumped into a problem , it said ( could not execute C:\user\legion\onedrive.....summertimesaga.exe. is it missing? )
some games don't run if the path (name of sub directories) is too long. the max number was 256 I think.
if it exceeds this number of characters some files might not decompress.
an easy first fix to try, is to copy the game to a directory near the root c: (ie: c:\games\SummertimeSaga)

if that doesn't help. a little more info might help.
which download did you used?
which OS you have?

4.00 star(s) 366 Votes